Most underwhelming character death in the franchise?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Most underwhelming character death in the franchise?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:57 pm

Alruneia wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:34 pm Remember how in the anime version of Resurrection F, Piccolo was killed? I sure didn't until just now. He just goes out with a "nothing death". That might be the most underwhelming one, though maybe it fits better as a candidate for the most forgettable one.
Even more so when hes revived off screen and everyone acts like nothing even happened.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:57 pm

While I do think Piccolo's death was SO underwhelming, I didn't have any expectations. It's just an event that came and went like nothing. Baby's death on the otherhand did have expectations. The arc was building to that moment and it ended in a really pathetic way. "That's it!?" is not what you want. I think that's fundamentally worse.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:30 am

Gohan. Spends the entire TV show being the only character to avoid death only for his death in the Buu arc to basically be a footnote.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:41 am

Alruneia wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:34 pm Remember how in the anime version of Resurrection F, Piccolo was killed? I sure didn't until just now. He just goes out with a "nothing death". That might be the most underwhelming one, though maybe it fits better as a candidate for the most forgettable one.
Pretty much this. It was already an underwelming arc (since the film went straight to the point). Piccolo's death was just so quick and had no weight. Gohan had more of an emotional response to wife and child dying at the end of the arc then Piccolo's death.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:22 am

Jesus, I completely forgot about that part.