What are the chances of Freeza becoming a genuinely good guy?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What are the chances of Freeza becoming a genuinely good guy?

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:56 am

Hopefully zero.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:10 pm

I hope they don't change Freeza, he's currently written as an irredeemable evil opportunist who will only do good if it benefits him in some way. Given the opportunity, he would destroy the gods and take over the 12 universes.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:32 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:10 pm I hope they don't change Freeza, he's currently written as an irredeemable evil opportunist who will only do good if it benefits him in some way. Given the opportunity, he would destroy the gods and take over the 12 universes.
I wouldn’t count on seeing them tackle any kind of grand story like that with Freeza. I know the anime hinted at it a couple of times, but nothing’s come of it since then. Moving forward, I think Freeza is going to serve as more of a nuisance than a legitimately dangerous threat. Basically, he’s like Skeletor or Team Rocket.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:00 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:32 pm
UpFromTheSkies wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:10 pm I hope they don't change Freeza, he's currently written as an irredeemable evil opportunist who will only do good if it benefits him in some way. Given the opportunity, he would destroy the gods and take over the 12 universes.
I wouldn’t count on seeing them tackle any kind of grand story like that with Freeza. I know the anime hinted at it a couple of times, but nothing’s come of it since then. Moving forward, I think Freeza is going to serve as more of a nuisance than a legitimately dangerous threat. Basically, he’s like Skeletor or Team Rocket.
If I had to guess, I think they will have an evil god or angel give Freeza power and use Freeza as a proxy to accomplish their goals anonymously.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:07 pm

If he ever teams up with Goku again, I can see it being a "no one gets to kill you but me" sort of thing. It's a cliche, but I don't see him going any further than that.