Trying to find a large version of this official History of Trunks artwork.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Trying to find a large version of this official History of Trunks artwork.

Post by nato25 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:34 am

I have come to the masters for guidance.

I've searched the net far and wide for something bigger than a 450 px wide render of this official (I think) artwork from the History of Trunks story.

https://i.imgur.com/I6XtGlR.jpg

I'd love to get it turned into a poster or Displate, but obviously need a larger image size for that. Anyone know where it's from or just straight up have the larger version of this? Or even the original in print they could scan at full resolution. Would even organise a small payment if someone is able to provide.

Thanks for any help in advance.

kyppk
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Trying to find a large version of this official History of Trunks artwork.

Post by kyppk » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:29 am

http://www.capcorphq.com/images/Trunks-poster.jpg
The best looking, biggest one I could find.

Judging from the file names I've seen reverse image searching it's either a Japanese poster or Japanese VHS/DVD cover.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:26 pm

kyppk wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:29 am http://www.capcorphq.com/images/Trunks-poster.jpg

Judging from the file names I've seen reverse image searching it's either a Japanese poster or Japanese VHS/DVD cover.
Thank you man, your image search skill is higher than mine haha, I never found it this big before!

457 x 660 isn't terrible but still not enough for a poster unfortunately. I will hold out hope someone here has a physical copy and can upload a high resolution scan. Willing to pay a reasonable amount if anyone is able to do that for me.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:09 am

If anyone was following this story, I was on the dokkan subreddit and a guy mentioned this random thing called Waifu2x that upscales anime images specifically. I had very low hopes after running this image through all manner of sites and even image trace on Adobe Illustrator.

Could not believe the result. Almost perfect upscale of the image, a few blurred lines but nothing worth openly complaining about. So yeah Waifu2x if you have any small anime assets you want made a reasonable size.

Thanks again kyppk for your larger image as well, I bet that helped.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:22 pm

nato25 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:09 am If anyone was following this story, I was on the dokkan subreddit and a guy mentioned this random thing called Waifu2x that upscales anime images specifically. I had very low hopes after running this image through all manner of sites and even image trace on Adobe Illustrator.

Could not believe the result. Almost perfect upscale of the image, a few blurred lines but nothing worth openly complaining about. So yeah Waifu2x if you have any small anime assets you want made a reasonable size.

Thanks again kyppk for your larger image as well, I bet that helped.
Waifu2x is a very bad upscaler. There are far better upscalers out there that don't utterly destroy the original texture of the image like Waifu does, though even those are iffy.

FWIW, Waifu was designed for digitally-animated anime, and does an OKAY job on those, but that's kind of it.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:50 pm

I got some rare bleed lines man but I am not that fussy on image quality, it did an amazing job on this image in my opinion. Considering a larger version doesn't exist I am more than happy with the outcome. I did try it on some other old DBZ artwork and you're right it wasn't as good, especially when there are lots of blacks and grain.

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:27 pm

kyppk wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:29 am http://www.capcorphq.com/images/Trunks-poster.jpg

Thank you!!! 🙏🙏🙏🙏
I’ve also been looking for a higher quality bigger version of this poster forever !!
Been wanting it as a poster for like 20-25 years now !!