Kakarot vs Kakarotto - The Vegerot/Vegetto(ito) effect

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Kakarot vs Kakarotto - The Vegerot/Vegetto(ito) effect

Post by Desassina » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:14 am

Aim, try not to be so oblivious about everything and seek your own answers, because these incessant questions are keeping a topic that bothers people alive, and I'm saying this because I didn't realize that I had been wrong all the time, for which I apologize to Adamant and everyone who's been on the right side. On the subject of asking all the time still: take a look around and realize that more people could be answering your questions, but don't because this is a topic that has been discussed many times, which means that there is an answer out there that you could be searching. Kanzenshuu is the best place to start. Make it easy on yourself and on others.

Best regards.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:11 am

Desassina wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:14 am Aim, try not to be so oblivious about everything and seek your own answers, because these incessant questions are keeping a topic that bothers people alive, and I'm saying this because I didn't realize that I had been wrong all the time, for which I apologize to Adamant and everyone who's been on the right side. On the subject of asking all the time still: take a look around and realize that more people could be answering your questions, but don't because this is a topic that has been discussed many times, which means that there is an answer out there that you could be searching. Kanzenshuu is the best place to start. Make it easy on yourself and on others.

Best regards.
I see where you're coming from, I assure you I have looked around for answers, haven't found them, the topics always end on a "cliff hanger".

Maybe I should start a new thread just also giving people a list of names and such that have been confirmed and corrected by Kanzenshuu.

I am sorry if I come across as annoying, I'm really interested in these things and I just haven't been able to find any answers like I said before, if you like I'll stop tagging you, sorry if I came across as a bother.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Aim wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:53 pm .I have a question, in Japanese, is it "Kakarrotto", or "Kakarotto"? I know there's a syllable that can "extend" characters in Japanese if I recall.
I believe it's カカロット, which would directly translate to "Kakarotto." I think the double-R that some people use are to kind of preserve the pun. I could be wrong and it might be カカッロット, but I really doubt it. I will have to check out the Daizenshuu for the real spelling.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:56 pm

As Adamant and I have pointed out a few times, the user "Desassina" does not seem to have a particularly good grasp on this subject at all, and their input/explanations should be taken as suspect, when they can be understood at all.

We use "Jiren" here at Kanzenshuu for a few reasons, but mainly: (1) out of inertia with the simulcast, and (2) believing that "Jiren" provides a better pronunciation guide "in English" than "Geran" does, which at quick glance by an average person might be pronounced with a soft "g" as "geh-ren". "Geran" is an absolutely fantastic, logical, and adequate transliteration and Latin spelling adaptation of ジレン that can preserve the pronunciation and helps guide the name pun.

カカロット does not "translate" to anything; it can be transliterated into the Latin alphabet a few ways, though, and a direct romanization under the Hepburn system would be kakarotto. I believe Adamant has already covered this extensively and thoroughly, and I really have nothing else to add. You may simply be confused by others' input, which (again) you may want to disregard. At Kanzenshuu we use "Kakarrot".

"Brawley" is actually a Latin alphabet spelling that has been widely used in Japanese merchandise in the past. I find they mainly stick with "Broly", however (both before the 2018 theatrical film and after it). As Adamant has already noted, however, "Broli" is an extremely logical spelling considering the source word and the alterations made to the word in katakana in Japanese. We use "Broli" here at Kanzenshuu (with the exception of the title to the 2018 theatrical film, since they gave it the specific "Broly" spelling even over there in Japan... which is an extremely inelegant solution and we hate everything about it, but here we are).

We use "Tsufruian" here at Kanzenshuu.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:04 pm

Should I interpret "the user Desassina... their inputs..." as somekind of jab meant to hint at a double personality disorder? Because I'm kind of tired of your attempts at subtle jokes which get the message across to anyone and me (not but me). This was after a certain private message by the way.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:56 pm

Desassina wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:04 pm Should I interpret "the user Desassina... their inputs..." as somekind of jab meant to hint at a double personality disorder? Because I'm kind of tired of your attempts at subtle jokes which get the message across to anyone and me (not but me). This was after a certain private message by the way.
:?: "Their" is also used as a gender-neutral possessive pronoun. It's not just plural.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:38 am

Desassina wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:04 pm Should I interpret "the user Desassina... their inputs..." as somekind of jab meant to hint at a double personality disorder? Because I'm kind of tired of your attempts at subtle jokes which get the message across to anyone and me (not but me). This was after a certain private message by the way.
If you are unfamiliar with aspects of basic English grammar, then perhaps you should refrain from posting in a translation/localization thread?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:40 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:56 pm At Kanzenshuu we use "Kakarrot".
I see, how do you go about the whole "Vegetto" situation then? I would have thought it would have been easier to keep "Kakarotto/Kakarrotto" to keep in line with Vegetto.

Aim
Banned

Re: Kakarot vs Kakarotto - The Vegerot/Veg(ito) effect

Post by Aim » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:50 pm

VegettoEX wrote: We use "Kakarrot".
Wouldn't it make sense to use "Kakarotto" to fit the "Vegetto" situation?

Aim
Banned

Re: Kakarot vs Kakarotto - The Vegerot/Veg(ito) effect

Post by Aim » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:16 am

VegettoEX wrote: We use "Kakarrot".
Bump, I need to know the reasons for using "Kakarrot" as opposed to "Kakarotto" or "Kakarroto", and how come you keep "Vegetto" over "Vegerot" then.