What team-ups would you like to see?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBFanTalk

What team-ups would you like to see?

Post by DBFanTalk » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:28 pm

What character team-ups and dynamics would you like to see explored?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: What team-ups would you like to see?

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Gokuu and Chi-Chi, baby! Celebrating their honeymoon Chi-Chi gets Whis to take her and her husband somewhere nice for a resort stay. Gokuu shows Actual Fucking Interest in His Wife because he is not being written by a guy who sounds like he hates his wife and then they team up to fight a person causing a ruckus for a reason Chi-Chi is able to emphasize with.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:42 am

Goku with either Gohan or Piccolo.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:42 am

Vegeta-Broly

Gohan-Future Trunks

Piccolo-Tien

It's synergistic relationship which will help the characters develop their skills more than just fighters.

DBFanTalk

Post by DBFanTalk » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:36 am

Tarble and Jaco
Supreme Kai and Dabura
Lord Beerus, Supreme Kai and Whis

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:01 am

Tarble and Cabba

Broly and Jiren

Caulifa and Vegeta

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:06 am

Freeza and Zeno.

Just because I had a dream about this tonight.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:52 am

Goku and Uub. Even in GT we didn't a lot of these two together.

Also more Oolong, Puar, and transforming again.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:10 am

Peach wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:52 am Goku and Uub. Even in GT we didn't a lot of these two together.

Also more Oolong, Puar, and transforming again.
Wow..really cool idea. Oolong & Puar combo wud be fun....and yeah it wud be nice to watch Goku & Uub having some scenes together...

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:16 pm

Freeza and Cell.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:29 pm

My throat and a bottle of neat Ouzo.

Uh, I mean... although it's highly unlikely in any other context, I loved the glimpse of Android 17 and Freeza's dynamic towards the end of the Tournament of Power. They're such an unlikely duo but they worked amazingly well together. I think part of it is that #17 has absolutely no baggage or ill will towards Freeza, which means there's no teeth-clenched teamwork or emotional compromise. #17 is a guy who just gets things done as efficiently as possible and Freeza respects that quality perhaps more than anything. The fact that #17 trusted Freeza is also adorable -- I think they connect with each other because they're both outcasts to the rest of Team U7, which is 80% standard Z-Fighters. It'd be interesting to see Freeza show interest in recruiting #17 as well as Broly.

This illustration by Toyotaro makes me melt. However, a part of me acknowledges that part of why their dynamic works is because they'd otherwise never meet and probably never should again. It might ruin the specialness of it.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:34 pm

Goku and Bulma because it would be nice to come full circle, and the characters have great chemistry together.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Just something different from Vegeta/Goku and Gohan/Piccolo and not just Goku and someone else because if they change the status quo it’s only with Goku

I like both the pairs a lot. I know some people are getting sick of it but I will always love Goku and Vegeta but god they can really mix it up at bit.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:26 pm

Vijay wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:42 am Vegeta-Broly

Gohan-Future Trunks

Piccolo-Tien

It's synergistic relationship which will help the characters develop their skills more than just fighters.
A Piccolo and Tien training arc would be nice with them both mastering Kaioken and applying it differently with their techniques.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:20 am

Big yes to Piccolo and Tien. I love the stoic approach both characters have to martial arts/training and bettering themselves. These two would push each other far.

However, I'm going to say Krillin and Yamcha. I'm reading the Dragon Ball manga right now, and it occured to me during the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai arc that Krillin has always been something of a benchmark for Yamcha to measure against (moreso than Goku, who ended up accelerating far past Yamcha after training with Roshi). Krillin was also above Yamcha, but the gap was not nearly as wide. Consistently, Yamcha has always been relatively close behind Krillin in terms of power/skill. Sure, these two have (unfairly) become memes in Dragon Ball fandom for losing/dying, but both characters are serious martial artists who, when focused and motivated, can make huge leaps in power. And they can develop some truly awesome techniques [ie. Sokidan and the Scattering Bullet technique]. Image
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.