DBZ Syndication era Affiliate Promos.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: DBZ Syndication era Affiliate Promos.

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:28 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:49 am It’s from Curse of the Blood Rubies.
:shock: I knew that...... :lol:

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:05 am

Alright, here it is, party people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_zD-cepsG0

Viewer discretion is advised to people who don't like cringing or wincing.

There's gonna be a part 2 covering the season 2 stuff with a twist which I'll post here as well.
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

AlexSketchy04
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexSketchy04 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:27 pm

Arian wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:05 am Alright, here it is, party people!

There's gonna be a part 2 covering the season 2 stuff with a twist which I'll post here as well.
Interesting :0

Are you planning on uploading the recordings you have onto the internet archive?

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:07 pm

Planetnamek wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:55 pmWow that's an awesome find! Any plans to upload that three-parter on the Internet Archive?
AlexSketchy04 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:27 pmAre you planning on uploading the recordings you have onto the internet archive?
Nice try, boys, but I wasn't born yesterday. I say one thing about this, next thing I know this thread is locked or I have a strike on my account.
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

AlexSketchy04
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexSketchy04 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:03 pm

Arian wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:07 pm
Planetnamek wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:55 pmWow that's an awesome find! Any plans to upload that three-parter on the Internet Archive?
AlexSketchy04 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:27 pmAre you planning on uploading the recordings you have onto the internet archive?
Nice try, boys, but I wasn't born yesterday. I say one thing about this, next thing I know this thread is locked or I have a strike on my account.
I didn't try anything tho

Btw, since it aired on a local Fox Affiliate, on a local Fox Kids block, they used the normal Fox logo, the Fox Kids logo? or no logo at all?

I've seen that the syndicated airings of Sailor Moon used the station's logo

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:38 pm

AlexSketchy04 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:03 pm
Arian wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:07 pm
I didn't try anything tho

Btw, since it aired on a local Fox Affiliate, on a local Fox Kids block, they used the normal Fox logo, the Fox Kids logo? or no logo at all?

Wasn't trying to get you in trouble or anything, and there's nothing wrong with talking about putting something up on IA on here so long as you don't post the actual links to it.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:39 pm

AlexSketchy04 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:03 pmBtw, since it aired on a local Fox Affiliate, on a local Fox Kids block, they used the normal Fox logo, the Fox Kids logo? or no logo at all?

Very rarely would a watermark appear at all, but if it did it was momentary and since it wasn't part of Fox Kids technically speaking, especially since it also aired on WB and UPN affiliates, it would show the local station's watermark.

Either this one:
Or this more intrusive one:

AlexSketchy04
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexSketchy04 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:04 am

Arian wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:39 pm
AlexSketchy04 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:03 pmBtw, since it aired on a local Fox Affiliate, on a local Fox Kids block, they used the normal Fox logo, the Fox Kids logo? or no logo at all?

Very rarely would a watermark appear at all, but if it did it was momentary and since it wasn't part of Fox Kids technically speaking, especially since it also aired on WB and UPN affiliates, it would show the local station's watermark.

Either this one:
Or this more intrusive one:
Interesting, some syndicated shows actually aired with a Fox Kids BUG (with the number of the station, example, something like "Fox38Kids) it would have been kinda cursed seeing DBZ on Fox Kids

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:59 am

I think the music in the first commercial might have been music from the network rather than unreleased Ron Wasserman stuff. The music in the bumper that follows definitely sounds like Wasserman though, and I've heard it before.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

AlexSketchy04
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexSketchy04 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:00 am

Kakacarrottop wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:59 am

I think the music in the first commercial might have been music from the network rather than unreleased Ron Wasserman stuff. The music in the bumper that follows definitely sounds like Wasserman though, and I've heard it before.
It sounds like an early version of the English theme (It sounds like Rock the Dragon) but it isn't, either it's a demo, or something composed for the Saban Block