Episodes you've seen the most

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Episodes you've seen the most

Post by ABED » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:18 pm

Is there an episode or a batch of episodes you've seen the most times? For me it's either the first four Ocean dub episodes of DBZ or the first 6/7 episodes of season 3 (68-74). In both cases it's because I watched the hell out of those VHS tapes. I don't watch random episodes and I don't skip any these days, but I get really nostalgic whenever I watch the Raditz episodes and the Ginyu episodes.

How about you?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: Episodes you've seen the most

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:09 pm

I think they were the episodes featuring Goku vs Vegeta in Saiyan Arc, from their standoff up to Vegeta monkey transformation, watched them a lot mainly because that arc was re-run a lot during the weekends, the time I mainly watched TV cartoons as a kid.
Last edited by Neo-Makaiōshin on Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:09 pm

I also don’t really watch random episodes anymore but growing up probably either the “Trunks saga” (had a buddy who had those episodes on vhs when we were kids) or the Warriors of the Dead-Final Atonement run (broadcast season 5) just for how many goddamn times Toonami reran those episodes (at least it felt that way) I missed the eternal Arrival of Raditz- Goku Super Saiyan? Loop so I guess I was fortunate on that one.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:10 pm

Since becoming an adult and having the funds to buy my own shit, I’d say the training episodes leading up to the 21st tournament.. something about it is just so fun and wholesome to me.

As a kid I’d probably say the fights with the Ginyu Force, Movie 4 w/Lord Slug and Movie 7 w/ Android 13 since those were the first few tapes I owned as a kid lol..

Fun Fact: When I was in 7th grade towards the end of the school year as classes were winding down, the teacher asked if we had any recommendations for movies for the class to watch.. and I brought in The Android 13 movie lol there was only about 5 of us who were actually engaged in the damn thing including myself but hey 🤷🏾‍♂️😂.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:20 pm

The first 12 episodes of Dragon Ball and probably Goku Vs. Vegeta thru Goku landing on Namek

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:26 pm

first arc of dragon ball i think i've seen like 7 times over by now lol, i've seen the saiyan arc a ton just because dragon box volume 1 was the only one i owned for a while, plus that's just my favorite arc, and of course i've seen z episode 184 so many times just because, i freaking adore it lol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:26 pm

When I was in my last weeks of high school I moved and found my DBZ VHS tapes I recorded when I was a kid, and proceded to watch the fuck out of the Namek saga since the Ginyu show up to the moment Freeza fights Vegeta.

In second place, Vegito vs Buuhan. I've watched that way too many times.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:25 pm

Basically the episodes when Ultimate Gohan shows up to fight Buu. That 'Ambush' VHS was the first episodes I ever owned and I watched them over and over back in the day. Good times.

Beyond that, I'd say the final episode of the Kamehameha Gohan vs Cell clash.

ArmenianPepsi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ArmenianPepsi » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:16 am

In a more broad sense, the parts of the series i've watched the most are the Red Ribbon Army, Saiyan and Freeza arcs. To me if you were to tell me to describe the first things that come to mind when I hear "Dragon Ball", those characters, locations, and moment are the ones that come to me.

Now if you want a specific episode. It would probably be Z episode 30 / Kai episode 13. That first part of the Goku v. Vegeta fight is just so amazing. The dialogue, the animation, the scenery, the music, the actual fighting on display, it's all I could ask for. And with Kai's great dub, it's the cherry on top for me personally.

Once Goku uses Kaio-ken x3 it's just perfection. Sean really gets across how painful it was for Goku to push his body that far in Kai.

--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe59A_JIKC0
First time Dragon Ball fan as of March 2020. Still learning the ropes. Nothing much else to say,

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:31 am

For me it's the Goku vs Frieza fight, which Cartoon Network UK used to marathon loads around mid to late 2000. Still my favourite fight of the whole series.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:12 pm

Baaicay every Yammamuro episode. This was without knowing jack abt animators, their artstyle whatsoever. It's just generally his episodes esp in DBZ have this "high-quality" feel...so I like that. And used to rewatch then for sheer visual pleasure...ex: Vegeta's Final Flash episode

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:27 pm

I've watched the Cell games episode pretty much as many times as humanly possible. The Gohan vs. Cell fight was my introduction to DB back in 2001. The Goku vs. Vegeta fight is also pretty up there.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:43 pm

As much flak as the Majin Boo saga gets, mine are probably the episodes containing the bulk of SSJ2 Goku vs. Majin Vegeta. Those were actually my first DBZ episodes (at least consciously, as I think I might have glimpsed some of the Saiyan arc in the mid-90s as a VERY young kid) as a kid back in 2001 on the VHS tape titled "Rivals." Fully got me on the DBZ hype train with the opening to the VHS "Stand by for DRAGON BALL Z! Coming next!" and with the Faulconer music, etc. Extremely nostalgic for those set of episodes.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:30 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:43 pmAs much flak as the Majin Boo saga gets, mine are probably the episodes containing the bulk of SSJ2 Goku vs. Majin Vegeta. Fully got me on the DBZ hype train with the opening to the VHS.
Everything with the Majin Vegeta would be enough to get anyone on board, easily the best part of the Buu arc and one of the franchise's best. For an arc that gets as much flak as it does, it has some of the best moments in DB.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Probably the Gohan/Cell episodes. They were some of the first episodes that I ever downloaded and I remember rewatching them quite a bit. Especially all of the SSJ2 moments. Then when it aired on Cartoon Network I watched and taped and rewatched.

Other than that maybe the Freeza battle because it aired for so long and repeated, and then later the DVDs I bought were from that fight.

The Trunks episodes got rewatched. Episode 120 was an early download that I rewatched a lot.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:01 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:30 pm
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:43 pmAs much flak as the Majin Boo saga gets, mine are probably the episodes containing the bulk of SSJ2 Goku vs. Majin Vegeta. Fully got me on the DBZ hype train with the opening to the VHS.
Everything with the Majin Vegeta would be enough to get anyone on board, easily the best part of the Buu arc and one of the franchise's best. For an arc that gets as much flak as it does, it has some of the best moments in DB.
For sure. For what is widely considered to be the weakest non-filler saga (and I agree), the Majin Vegeta arc is fantastic. Even as somewhat new to the series, it set up who the main players were and got me fully invested. It's a big reason why I'll always have a soft spot for the Buu stuff.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:10 pm

The Goku vs. Vegeta episode

The Saibamen episode

The episode where Goku's ship is headed for a comet

The episode where Zarbon transforms

The Z Warriors Prepare episode from the Android arc
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

ArmenianPepsi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ArmenianPepsi » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:45 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:43 pm As much flak as the Majin Boo saga gets, mine are probably the episodes containing the bulk of SSJ2 Goku vs. Majin Vegeta. Those were actually my first DBZ episodes (at least consciously, as I think I might have glimpsed some of the Saiyan arc in the mid-90s as a VERY young kid) as a kid back in 2001 on the VHS tape titled "Rivals." Fully got me on the DBZ hype train with the opening to the VHS "Stand by for DRAGON BALL Z! Coming next!" and with the Faulconer music, etc. Extremely nostalgic for those set of episodes.
Goku v. Majin Vegeta is probably the peak of the Buu arc for me. Even the real final battle versus Kid Buu isn't as intense or exciting to watch, since by that point your brain grows numb to how long the Buu fight has been dragging on. :lol:
First time Dragon Ball fan as of March 2020. Still learning the ropes. Nothing much else to say,

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:03 pm

The episodes I've seen the most would have to be the the 3 episodes from the Dragon Ball Z: Departure vhs, which contains (Ocean numbering) episodes 26-29. Basically from where Vegeta returns after getting hit by the Spirit Bomb to where Bulma, Gohan, and Krillin are captured by the invisible ship full of war refugees. That was the first tape I owned and I must of watched it over and over.
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:23 am

DB episodes 1-5 since they've had the most English dubs out of any of them with Harmony Gold, Ocean, Funimation, and Blue Water.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku