THE biggest waste of potential (IRL or Out of Universe)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

THE biggest waste of potential (IRL or Out of Universe)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:15 am

Here you can rant about whatever you feel wasnt exploited to its fullest potential when it comes to Dragon Ball...but OUT OF UNIVERSE.

I will say this and keep saying it until the cows come home: The 4kids/Funimation deal I think it was awesome that 4kids tried to redeem themselves by adding more varied stuff to their Saturday Morning Lineup. I think that if Super aired on Toonzai it could have easily reached 1.5 million viewers and the survival of Saturday Mornings wouid have been assured. Toonami would have had a TRUE SUCCESSOR and kids without cable could enjoy such a wonderful anime.

To make this more varied I will speak for my dear Robo

THE FUCKING OCEAN KAI DUB! All that time, money and passion put into a dub that so far seems like it will never come out. i still have hope though.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: THE biggest waste of potential (IRL or Out of Universe)

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:25 am

The “We’re going to produce an alternative completely uncut English dub with the original Japanese music and faithful to the original script” dub that both Fukunaga and Watson promised...back in 1997 and didn’t occur until Kai in 2010, outside of the 3 Z movies Pioneer oversaw.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:34 am

Dragon Ball Kai for not including the original DB material. That would've been a perfect chance to bring DB into the spotlight alongside Z.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 am

Everything post-DBZ except for BoG was nothing but a big waste of potential.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:35 am

kei17 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 am Everything post-DBZ except for BoG was nothing but a big waste of potential.
"... and I'd like to thank my friends and family for this award, I couldn't have done it without them. But I have one last message to you all."

There's a long, deafening silence across the hall as the audiences await in anticipation. The board of advertising directors shift nervously in their seats, dreadfully expecting a piece of slam poetry against the establishment. After what seems like an eternity, the award-winner leans into the microphone...

"Super bad."

"But BoG good."

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:24 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:34 am Dragon Ball Kai for not including the original DB material. That would've been a perfect chance to bring DB into the spotlight alongside Z.
This would be mine also. They could have even marketed it as part of the same series.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:29 am

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:24 am
Matches Malone wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:34 am Dragon Ball Kai for not including the original DB material. That would've been a perfect chance to bring DB into the spotlight alongside Z.
This would be mine also. They could have even marketed it as part of the same series.
Exactly, the story would've finally been presented as Toriyama intended it to be.