Petition For Fullscreen Boxed Sets

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Petition For Fullscreen Boxed Sets

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:34 pm

On Funi's site there is a post up trying to get people to sign a petition to Funimation for the remastered boxed sets in full screen. Here's the link:

http://community.funimation.com/forum/t ... page=1[url]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:48 pm

FUNimation neither cares about nor will ever listen to a bunch of children who refuse to even spell the name of their company correctly.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:52 pm

VegettoEX wrote:FUNimation neither cares about nor will ever listen to a bunch of children who refuse to even spell the name of their company correctly.
Well said.

Go ahead and do it but in the long run it probably won't work.

Sorry
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:53 pm

I clicked on the link and already found two reasons why they probably won't take this seriously. 1) The title: "Do You Want the New Remasterd DBZ in 4x3 then this is your LAST chance with this petition!!!!!!!!!!" Is this a petition or a ransom? :lol: 2) I caught this in a sig and didn't even bother:
Some kid wrote: buu and bee.
get it, buubee. boobies!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
-Rick
Last edited by Mr.Piccolo on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:54 pm

Sadly petitions don't work. :?

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:54 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:
Some kid wrote: buu and bee.
get it, buubee. boobies!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
-Rick
You can't put that in a signature and expect to be taken seriously.
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:11 pm

I'm pretty sure Chiquita already did a more proper petition that was actually written out listing everyone who wanted fullscreen DBZ. Who knows, it's worked for one or two shows I've heard of before... :?.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:21 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:I'm pretty sure Chiquita already did a more proper petition that was actually written out listing everyone who wanted fullscreen DBZ. Who knows, it's worked for one or two shows I've heard of before... :?.
Wasn't that Ms. Kula? And I believe the lady's forum name you mentioned is Chuquita. Whom, by the way, I am pulling for to get the part of Bulma in a certain something. :D
14 years later

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:25 pm

Haha, the petition will probably not work...like Mike said, they won't take you seriously. Plus, the only petition I've seen for a show that accually worked was the Family Guy one.
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:16 pm

And here I always thought it could be spelled Funimation or FUNimation. Oh well =P

Eh, this petition isn't gonna work. The Saiyan/Vegeta boxsets are pretty much in the making now, and they can't reverse it. And I don't want one box set in widescreen, then the next couple in fullscreen. That pisses me off.

If it's widescreen, it's widescreen. Personally, I'll probably buy these anyways. As well as those 'Super Dragon Ball Z Turbo Hyper Edition' box sets coming in 2010 (Just a guess =P). The idea of 'reverse widescreen' is enticing me.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:32 pm

Eclipse wrote:As well as those 'Super Dragon Ball Z Turbo Hyper Edition' box sets coming in 2010 (Just a guess =P). The idea of 'reverse widescreen' is enticing me.
I've gotta trademark/patent that in case they decide to steal my ideas ;)

-Corey

BoxerGloves
Beyond Newbie

Post by BoxerGloves » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:27 am

DB_Fan wrote:Sadly petitions don't work. :?

Well, they did when Julian and couple of others petitioned Viz Comics to stop censoring DB manga. I was one of those who signed the petition six years ago. It worked, but only for a few years. Because as of late, those a**holes from Viz (now Media) reverted back to censoring again. All the recent printings of the DB (and Z) manga have been bowdlerized. I'm just glad that I bought the first printings of all the 16 "SJ" editions of Dragon Ball.

P.S: For those concerned, Julian's petition is still up at the: petitiononline.com/dbmanga

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:34 am

Julian's petition is actually well-written with valid points. I don't have quite as much faith as the users over at the FUNimation boards.

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:35 am

Hey, there is always a chance, right? The buu-bee line could be the ice-breaker :lol:
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:04 am

some faggot from the FUNimation boards wrote:uhh i dont know what I'm soposed to do and i have a limit on this account , like many others i just saw this news and yes i was always waiting for the TRUE UNCUT and i mean 100% and loved so far what this new set was going for BUT likewise with all or MOST i might add the widescreen issue is a bummer and I TOO agree if funi wants to keep widescreen then they MUST have a full screen choice , i mean a true widescreen what it is is 16x9 but its not cutted in neither of 4 angles as where a 4x3 is just an older one , hmm what I'm trying to say if funi wants to make a "widescreen" effect to it then they can add it without cutting neither of 4 screens, if you watched the widescreen edition of star wars dvds u'd know what i mean , its widescreen but its not 16x9 its just all the screen that was made is smaller so black bars appear but noting is cut SO THERE FORE you SEE everything . so that way funi can really claim to see UNSEEN footage and not cut on the top and bottom WHICH IS DA$^ noticeable and annoyting..... so funi shrink the size so we get black bars and everyting fits or add both widescreen and full screen option OR leave it original aspect . i wish we can put only post where its a thread just to have enough votes to put back original footage .

also i might add dbz was never in usa 291 ep ... it would only go to 273 son goku next journey right? well now we are gettin all 291 which is the set i and EVERYONE waiting for so funi I HOPE and i really do that you give into consideration for the last hope on dbz as i think this is the last set and it should not be given a dumb ideal. i mean the unseen can be left behind or like i said earlier you can shrink the image so even on widescreen tvs it woudl still be black bars but this is due to make the screen smaller and have ALL portions from top bottom to the "unseen" left to right
Jesus fucking christ what a mess.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:52 am

A bundle of sticks posted on FUNi's forums? It was it a pork meatball? :roll:

-Corey

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:10 am

Just a few more comments on this subject:
1)The theme song for this petition is this :)
2)If that "letter" actually works and FUNi actually complies, I might just give up DragonBall. :?
-Rick

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:19 pm

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.htm

Online petition sites are stupid anyway.

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:58 pm

Sadly, petitions made by fans that can't even organize their comments and not type well are not even taken seriously. The only way I see this working is if everyone brought up good reasons that Funi should do it besides the generic "because I want it" excuse, and learned how 2 tpe prprly ( to type properly).

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:02 am

MajinVejitaXV wrote:A bundle of sticks posted on FUNi's forums? It was it a pork meatball? :roll:

-Corey
ha

HAHA

Oh Internet.