Artwork for Consolidating Single DVD's

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KPike87
Beyond Newbie

Artwork for Consolidating Single DVD's

Post by KPike87 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:37 pm

So I love the Single DVD's. I don't have all of them yet, but they're by far my favorite way to watch Z both sub and dub. The Dragon Boxes are great, but they kind of suck for the dub past episode 67; Falconer aside, it's based off the "remastered" audio from the OB's, but has the proper intro. The singles are great but MAN they take up a lot of space. 69 or so total, not even counting the UUE line.

My first thought was to simply put them in the OB DVD cases, but that's only 54 spots, plus I plan to either get the first two 30th Anniversary Steel Books or shell out money for Dragon Box 2, so it'd be weird to move over to "season 1" for episode 68.

I have some photoshop skills, but it's very 101 I'd say; I can't really make or design my own covers and make them look consistent throughout by gathering or creating all new artwork.. My go to idea currently is to find scans of the OB's, customize them to fit a jumbo DVD cover, perhaps add Volume 1 or 2 if there's too many discs to a set, and rewrite the back text and take new screenshots (I'd probably use the Dragon Boxes for 1-67 if I go this route, but maybe something else if I use the steel books). And no, I don't really care if the DB's/singles don't match with the specific season episode count. My only issue is that I can't find any good scans of either the NTSC or PAL OB's. If anyone could point me in the write direction that'd be hugely appreciated, or if you have ant other ideas, I'd love to hear what the community has in mind. :D

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Artwork for Consolidating Single DVD's

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:28 am

Hello, I have a series of covers here:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45356

I was working on a set to consolidate all the singles into 6 disc cases

There are some here tho you'll need to put some points to download them
https://www.customaniacs.org/forum/sear ... d=32786855

KPike87
Beyond Newbie

Re: Artwork for Consolidating Single DVD's

Post by KPike87 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:39 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:28 am Hello, I have a series of covers here:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45356

I was working on a set to consolidate all the singles into 6 disc cases

There are some here tho you'll need to put some points to download them
https://www.customaniacs.org/forum/sear ... d=32786855
Man, there's some really amazing covers you made! Thanks for the ideas, and the heads up to that site, I suddenly have a lot of great options