Super or GT poll

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Post Reply
User avatar
eledoremassis02
I Live Here
Posts: 3841
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Super or GT poll

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:29 am

Figured I'd make a poll to see what people preferred. Feel free to share the link with hardcore or casual fans
https://strawpoll.com/qfb5rpxju

Goten_jr
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:09 am

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by Goten_jr » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:57 am

I would rate both 6/10
GT:better Story&Art,more consistent Animation,handled Goku better,better pacing

Super:Way better Fights,less consistent Animation but blows Everything in GT out of the Water on it’s best, introduces more interesting new Characters,handled Vegeta better,gives other Characters than Goku more shine

I personally prefer GT (Nostalgia plays a role too)

User avatar
Melee_Sovereign
Regular
Posts: 563
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:43 am

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:29 am

Super. I can't stand GT.

User avatar
Matches Malone
I Live Here
Posts: 3179
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:50 am

GT:

+ The art and animation.
+ Character designs.
+ Ssj4
+ The Baby arc.
+ The Shadow Dragons concept.
+ The ending.
+ Permanently killing off characters.
+ Goku's merciless attitude towards villains.
+ Vegeta maintaining his Buu arc development.
+ Goten and Trunks are their own characters.
+ #18 getting some meaningful screen time.
+ The episode count.
+ Not relying on nostalgia.
+ The opening and endings
+ The soundtrack.

- Goku being turned into a kid.
- The majority of adventures in space being terrible.
- Goku being the only one to accomplish anything.
- Freeza and Cell being a joke.
- The Super 17 arc being way to short.
- Uub more or less being wasted.
- 4 out of the 7 shadow dragons being wasted.
- The fights having little to no hand to hand choreography.
- Both Ssj4 Vegeta and Gogeta being useless.
- Pan getting so much screen time that doesn't amount to anything.

15 positives and 10 negatives average out to 60%. GT is by no means a bad sequel, but it has issues that keep it from being good as well, so overall it's average. I've gone ahead and voted for GT, as I already know what my list of positives and negatives for Super will look like...I'm not looking forward to writing it down. :sick:

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5816
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by precita » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:57 am

Super is better as a whole, with only a few things that bother me:

- Animation was poor up until the tail-end of the Universe 6 tournament.

- Too much focus on Goku/Vegeta leaving most other characters to the wayside until certain arcs

- Still not sure how I feel with two new Super Saiyan forms, God forms, and new hair colors, which makes battles with Goku/Vegeta and others seem kind of inconsistent.

Other than that I prefer it as a whole. The fillers/slice of life eps in Super are the best they've ever been, and we get to see fun character interaction we never got in DBZ (Gohan as a Dad, more of Krillin/18, 17 returning and interacting with Goku and Piccolo, Arale meeting adult Goku, Future Trunks meeting kid Trunks and seeing Gohan/18 in present), etc.

Lastly the whole 12 other universes and introduction of Gods in general is fascinating and a natural continuation of the end of the Boo saga. Remember that arc introduced Supreme Kai and the other Kai's, and then we go from that to learning about Beerus/Whis, and then 12 other universes, the Omni-King, etc. It's all excellent lore. Lastly the Goku Black/Zamasu arc was pretty good and better than any individual arc in GT by a large margin.

User avatar
Zestanor
Regular
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by Zestanor » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:55 am

GT because I’ve seen it. Now, regardless of the narrative, I like the handpainted look of GT. Aesthetics alone give GT the win. I’ve heard snippets of the Super soundtrack and find it less engaging than Tokunaga.

User avatar
90sDBZ
I Live Here
Posts: 2056
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 am
Location: UK

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:32 pm

I'll go with Super but I still like GT.

Super has better fights, more consistent direction, has less boring episodes, and makes better use of the supporting cast.

I still prefer SS4 to any of the new forms, although I don't dislike any of them. The Tokunaga score really shines in emotional scenes, while the Sumitomo score does better in action scenes.

GT had more tension because it had more actual villains rather than neutral rival characters. The Shadow Dragon Saga in particular had a real sense of foreboding about it, and ultimately ended in Goku leaving for good which made that foreboding justified.

I also have to say I prefer Goku's characterisation in GT. He felt more mature and knew when to get serious, while in Super he's a caricature of his former self.

Looking at all my points it almost seems like I prefer GT, but Super having better action really is a huge plus in its favour, so I've got to go with it. And Gohan was handled much better later on in Super than he ever was in GT.

User avatar
SupremeKai25
I Live Here
Posts: 2631
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:53 pm

I voted Super, as GT basically has:

- A sad attempt at recreating OG Dragon Ball, but in space;
- A decent arc, but with bad fights (I would also appreciate if Baby did not have such a comically evil voice);
- A trash arc;
- A bad arc with 7 main villain, 6 of which are fodder, and the final one has the personality of a toaster.

Super has its flaws, but it's not boring, and the countless youtube reactions to both the Future Trunks arc and the ToP arc prove that. And, in the end, the function of fiction is to entertain people. If a story is boring, then it failed completely.

Honestly the GT producers could've just stopped at the Baby arc, the two following arcs are worthless anyway.
I can feel it. Two glorious and unparalleled powers dissolving into one... within me. Behold this ultimate vessel, the sword and shield made one! Its strength knows no limits. The power coursing through me is exceptional, glorious, absolute.

Stare in awe, I AM JUSTICE INCARNATE!

User avatar
Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:07 pm

Honestly depends how you look at it.
DBGT is a better sequel in terms of tone and animation
DBS Is a better sequel in terms of fight choreography and soundtrack.
I like both for different things.

User avatar
Matches Malone
I Live Here
Posts: 3179
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:20 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:53 pm
- A sad attempt at recreating OG Dragon Ball, but in space;
Isn't this more or less what modern DB is ? an attempt to recreate the original through relying on nostalgia ?

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 882
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 am

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:27 pm

Both are pretty bad and I honestly think it's closer than I ever realized.
I think Super is better but only barely. I think the Baby saga is the only well-executed part of GT. The saga is good but it could be a lot better.
Super has no saga executed well.
BoG sucks and is just a worse version of the great film.

The RoF saga sucks and doesn't have a good movie to rely on.

The U6 saga is ok I guess. Hit's an interesting character design and power-wise, but all interest is deflated with the stupid "I just get better" aspect of his character. Cabba was kind of just Tarble but with a spine. That's fine, I enjoyed him and Vegeta together and thought Cabba was fun. Frost is ok. Magetta is fun. Monaka was pretty funny. Aside from that stuff, it's a short and pretty boring saga.

The Zamasu saga is pretty trash. Watchable, but pretty bad. Zamasu is a great concept but his execution is hot garbage. Goku Black is a pretty stupid concept but they were able to make it somewhat entertaining. His attacks were visually interesting and the fact that being in Goku's body changed him was pretty neat. Too bad that didn't amount to anything. I still think the saga would have benefited from more/better scenery but that's not its major issue. Rage Trunks is garbage oc talk. Just came out of nowhere, isn't explained, and it's gone.

Then we have the T.O.P which is one of the worst sagas in all of Dragonball. It's not as bad as Super 17, but it's cutting it close. It is overly long, it's central antagonist is the worst in the franchise, it's setting is so uninteresting until the climax when the sky is blueish purple. Most of the designs were lackluster, it ran for far too long, and Overall horribly planned out. Nearly the most unwatchable chapter in Dragonball.

However, GT has plenty of issues too. It's main strength is it has the best concepts for the series going forward but stumbles them so hard it hurts.

The Blackstar Dragonball saga is a good idea. Kamicolo reactivating DB's the Nameless Namekian made is a neat idea and gives Piccolo ample room for drama. Plus it could give young heroes (Pan and Uub) a chance to go Dragonball hunting. It's issue is shoving Goku into the space crew and turning him into a child. He is too strong to bring into space, especially when you make his base his old SSJ3 level of power. It has no drama or anything.

The Baby saga is pretty good. Baby is again a great idea and his design I really enjoy. He did the whole rage against a certain group of power due to their violent tendencies before Zamasu and honestly better. Zamasu I enjoy more conceptually but he is just such a fail it's sad. Baby even becomes a reflection of what he was fighting just like Zamasu. The difference really comes down the fact that Baby has a more clear catalyst that isn't laughable like Zamasu's was. I also enjoyed him recreating planet Plant. I liked the location a lot. Giru's turn was well done. Overall there weren't as many issues in that saga. There were a decent bit, but most just spill over from the previous saga. Not to mention SSJ4 is my favourite Saiyan form. Far better than SSB. However it doesn't get to do anything that great throughout the show.

Super 17 is probably the worst saga ever. It's pretty awful. No highlight.

Shadow Dragons are the best concept for a villain in Dragonball ever. They are thematically fitting, they offer interesting drama, they mostly all had great designs (obviously Syn, Nouva, and Eis looked great) they were set up to be a perfect final foe for Dragonball. However GT is GT and didn't utilize that poitental.

Then there is the ending. What can I say that hasn't been said. It's great and a real tear jerker. However, it is not good because of GT. You could slide that ending in Super and it works just as good. Most of the flashbacks aren't even from GT.

Another thing is GT at least doesn't repeat all of the characters arcs. Vegeta and Gohan get to be changed from the Buu saga and don't just have to start from scratch like Super makes them because it can be just as dumb too. The art of GT is much better in my opinon. Even when Super looks 'good' it has this shiny, cheap look to it. There was that part where the style really looked great during the recruitment arc but that's it. GT does one thing alright and the rest really bad. Super does everything pretty mediocore. GT has the better concepts, but Super uses most of its ideas better. GT took more risks, but not all pay off.

Super gets it, but only by a bit.
GT=6
Super=6.5

User avatar
pepd
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:52 pm

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by pepd » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:42 pm

Is suppose you mean DBS anime since is vs GT and sequel to DBZ
Could you specify it?

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5816
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by precita » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:49 pm

The TOP did a good job focusing on different characters each episode, it's only problem is again Goku hogged a lot of focus and Tenshinhan barely got to do anything. It's also much better when you marathon it, I really like how each ep focuses on a different aspect (Universe 9, Krillin/18, then Caulifa/Kale, then the other Pride Troops vs. them and 18, then Ribrianne and 17, then Gohan/Piccolo, then Freeza/Frost, then Kefla vs. Goku...and so on and so forth till the final stuff with Toppo and Jiren.

It was also never boring because each ep had a unique fight or some interesting character dynamic going on. I also think the 10 or so eps before the TOP starting showing the main cast training and recruiting 17 and Freeza to be among the best build up episodes the series had ever done.

Also the TOP itself is only 35 episodes. It starts in episode 97 and ends with the climax of the series. People were acting like the tournament was 50+ episodes or something, the build-up eps before hand don't count as part of the actual tournament.

Goten_jr
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:09 am

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by Goten_jr » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:56 pm

Mad Swami wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:27 pm
Both are pretty bad and I honestly think it's closer than I ever realized.
I think Super is better but only barely. I think the Baby saga is the only well-executed part of GT. The saga is good but it could be a lot better.
Super has no saga executed well.
BoG sucks and is just a worse version of the great film.

The RoF saga sucks and doesn't have a good movie to rely on.

The U6 saga is ok I guess. Hit's an interesting character design and power-wise, but all interest is deflated with the stupid "I just get better" aspect of his character. Cabba was kind of just Tarble but with a spine. That's fine, I enjoyed him and Vegeta together and thought Cabba was fun. Frost is ok. Magetta is fun. Monaka was pretty funny. Aside from that stuff, it's a short and pretty boring saga.

The Zamasu saga is pretty trash. Watchable, but pretty bad. Zamasu is a great concept but his execution is hot garbage. Goku Black is a pretty stupid concept but they were able to make it somewhat entertaining. His attacks were visually interesting and the fact that being in Goku's body changed him was pretty neat. Too bad that didn't amount to anything. I still think the saga would have benefited from more/better scenery but that's not its major issue. Rage Trunks is garbage oc talk. Just came out of nowhere, isn't explained, and it's gone.

Then we have the T.O.P which is one of the worst sagas in all of Dragonball. It's not as bad as Super 17, but it's cutting it close. It is overly long, it's central antagonist is the worst in the franchise, it's setting is so uninteresting until the climax when the sky is blueish purple. Most of the designs were lackluster, it ran for far too long, and Overall horribly planned out. Nearly the most unwatchable chapter in Dragonball.

However, GT has plenty of issues too. It's main strength is it has the best concepts for the series going forward but stumbles them so hard it hurts.

The Blackstar Dragonball saga is a good idea. Kamicolo reactivating DB's the Nameless Namekian made is a neat idea and gives Piccolo ample room for drama. Plus it could give young heroes (Pan and Uub) a chance to go Dragonball hunting. It's issue is shoving Goku into the space crew and turning him into a child. He is too strong to bring into space, especially when you make his base his old SSJ3 level of power. It has no drama or anything.

The Baby saga is pretty good. Baby is again a great idea and his design I really enjoy. He did the whole rage against a certain group of power due to their violent tendencies before Zamasu and honestly better. Zamasu I enjoy more conceptually but he is just such a fail it's sad. Baby even becomes a reflection of what he was fighting just like Zamasu. The difference really comes down the fact that Baby has a more clear catalyst that isn't laughable like Zamasu's was. I also enjoyed him recreating planet Plant. I liked the location a lot. Giru's turn was well done. Overall there weren't as many issues in that saga. There were a decent bit, but most just spill over from the previous saga. Not to mention SSJ4 is my favourite Saiyan form. Far better than SSB. However it doesn't get to do anything that great throughout the show.

Super 17 is probably the worst saga ever. It's pretty awful. No highlight.

Shadow Dragons are the best concept for a villain in Dragonball ever. They are thematically fitting, they offer interesting drama, they mostly all had great designs (obviously Syn, Nouva, and Eis looked great) they were set up to be a perfect final foe for Dragonball. However GT is GT and didn't utilize that poitental.

Then there is the ending. What can I say that hasn't been said. It's great and a real tear jerker. However, it is not good because of GT. You could slide that ending in Super and it works just as good. Most of the flashbacks aren't even from GT.

Another thing is GT at least doesn't repeat all of the characters arcs. Vegeta and Gohan get to be changed from the Buu saga and don't just have to start from scratch like Super makes them because it can be just as dumb too. The art of GT is much better in my opinon. Even when Super looks 'good' it has this shiny, cheap look to it. There was that part where the style really looked great during the recruitment arc but that's it. GT does one thing alright and the rest really bad. Super does everything pretty mediocore. GT has the better concepts, but Super uses most of its ideas better. GT took more risks, but not all pay off.

Super gets it, but only by a bit.
GT=6
Super=6.5
You say both are pretty bad but you give both 6/6.5 that’s above average or do you mean bad compared to DB&Z

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 882
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 am

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:36 pm

Goten_jr wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:56 pm
Mad Swami wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:27 pm
Both are pretty bad and I honestly think it's closer than I ever realized.
I think Super is better but only barely. I think the Baby saga is the only well-executed part of GT. The saga is good but it could be a lot better.
Super has no saga executed well.
BoG sucks and is just a worse version of the great film.

The RoF saga sucks and doesn't have a good movie to rely on.

The U6 saga is ok I guess. Hit's an interesting character design and power-wise, but all interest is deflated with the stupid "I just get better" aspect of his character. Cabba was kind of just Tarble but with a spine. That's fine, I enjoyed him and Vegeta together and thought Cabba was fun. Frost is ok. Magetta is fun. Monaka was pretty funny. Aside from that stuff, it's a short and pretty boring saga.

The Zamasu saga is pretty trash. Watchable, but pretty bad. Zamasu is a great concept but his execution is hot garbage. Goku Black is a pretty stupid concept but they were able to make it somewhat entertaining. His attacks were visually interesting and the fact that being in Goku's body changed him was pretty neat. Too bad that didn't amount to anything. I still think the saga would have benefited from more/better scenery but that's not its major issue. Rage Trunks is garbage oc talk. Just came out of nowhere, isn't explained, and it's gone.

Then we have the T.O.P which is one of the worst sagas in all of Dragonball. It's not as bad as Super 17, but it's cutting it close. It is overly long, it's central antagonist is the worst in the franchise, it's setting is so uninteresting until the climax when the sky is blueish purple. Most of the designs were lackluster, it ran for far too long, and Overall horribly planned out. Nearly the most unwatchable chapter in Dragonball.

However, GT has plenty of issues too. It's main strength is it has the best concepts for the series going forward but stumbles them so hard it hurts.

The Blackstar Dragonball saga is a good idea. Kamicolo reactivating DB's the Nameless Namekian made is a neat idea and gives Piccolo ample room for drama. Plus it could give young heroes (Pan and Uub) a chance to go Dragonball hunting. It's issue is shoving Goku into the space crew and turning him into a child. He is too strong to bring into space, especially when you make his base his old SSJ3 level of power. It has no drama or anything.

The Baby saga is pretty good. Baby is again a great idea and his design I really enjoy. He did the whole rage against a certain group of power due to their violent tendencies before Zamasu and honestly better. Zamasu I enjoy more conceptually but he is just such a fail it's sad. Baby even becomes a reflection of what he was fighting just like Zamasu. The difference really comes down the fact that Baby has a more clear catalyst that isn't laughable like Zamasu's was. I also enjoyed him recreating planet Plant. I liked the location a lot. Giru's turn was well done. Overall there weren't as many issues in that saga. There were a decent bit, but most just spill over from the previous saga. Not to mention SSJ4 is my favourite Saiyan form. Far better than SSB. However it doesn't get to do anything that great throughout the show.

Super 17 is probably the worst saga ever. It's pretty awful. No highlight.

Shadow Dragons are the best concept for a villain in Dragonball ever. They are thematically fitting, they offer interesting drama, they mostly all had great designs (obviously Syn, Nouva, and Eis looked great) they were set up to be a perfect final foe for Dragonball. However GT is GT and didn't utilize that poitental.

Then there is the ending. What can I say that hasn't been said. It's great and a real tear jerker. However, it is not good because of GT. You could slide that ending in Super and it works just as good. Most of the flashbacks aren't even from GT.

Another thing is GT at least doesn't repeat all of the characters arcs. Vegeta and Gohan get to be changed from the Buu saga and don't just have to start from scratch like Super makes them because it can be just as dumb too. The art of GT is much better in my opinon. Even when Super looks 'good' it has this shiny, cheap look to it. There was that part where the style really looked great during the recruitment arc but that's it. GT does one thing alright and the rest really bad. Super does everything pretty mediocore. GT has the better concepts, but Super uses most of its ideas better. GT took more risks, but not all pay off.

Super gets it, but only by a bit.
GT=6
Super=6.5
You say both are pretty bad but you give both 6/6.5 that’s above average or do you mean bad compared to DB&Z
I think that's pretty bad because Dragonball shouldn't just be above average.

User avatar
Matches Malone
I Live Here
Posts: 3179
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:07 pm

Mad Swami wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:27 pm
The T.O.P which is one of the worst sagas in all of Dragonball. It's not as bad as Super 17, but it's cutting it close.
At least the Super 17 arc had the decency to just be 6 episodes long, that tournament and its build up were 55 episodes. To give an idea how long that is, the TOP arc is 17 hours longer than the Super 17 arc, which is just 2 hours.
precita wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:49 pm
The TOP itself is only 35 episodes. It starts in episode 97 and ends with the climax of the series. People were acting like the tournament was 50+ episodes or something, the build-up eps before hand don't count as part of the actual tournament.
35 episodes for the tournament (which is nothing but fighting), and 20 episodes for the build up. Why one earth did either have to be that long ? That's 55 episodes for the arc as a whole.

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5816
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by precita » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:10 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:07 pm
35 episodes for the tournament, and 20 episodes for the build up. Why one earth did either have to be that long ? That's 55 episodes for the arc as a whole.
The build-up episodes were all necessary and many great eps themselves, if you're including the exhibition matches with that too and those were only 4 episodes and also very good.

Had the TOP been shorter, most of the main cast would barely get a chance to do anything and all the other side characters would have been knocked out off screen similar to how rushed the manga portion feels. I'd much rather see the characters fight, and as I posted above, each TOP episodes focused on a different character or universe fighting each other. It wasn't the same thing continuously for all 35 eps. I do not see how they would have given time to everyone on Universe 7, Caulifa/Kale, Toppo/Jiren and everyone else inbetween if it was only say 15-20 eps....that would be a rushed disaster and everyone would have been shortchanged much more than they were.

WittyUsername
I Live Here
Posts: 3072
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:34 pm

precita wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:10 pm
Matches Malone wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:07 pm
35 episodes for the tournament, and 20 episodes for the build up. Why one earth did either have to be that long ? That's 55 episodes for the arc as a whole.
The build-up episodes were all necessary and many great eps themselves, if you're including the exhibition matches with that too and those were only 4 episodes and also very good.

Had the TOP been shorter, most of the main cast would barely get a chance to do anything and all the other side characters would have been knocked out off screen similar to how rushed the manga portion feels. I'd much rather see the characters fight, and as I posted above, each TOP episodes focused on a different character or universe fighting each other. It wasn't the same thing continuously for all 35 eps. I do not see how they would have given time to everyone on Universe 7, Caulifa/Kale, Toppo/Jiren and everyone else inbetween if it was only say 15-20 eps....that would be a rushed disaster and everyone would have been shortchanged much more than they were.
The Universe Survival arc absolutely did not need to be as long as it was. 35 episodes of non-stop fighting in a single location is pretty exhausting, especially with how much repetition there is. How many times do the characters need to say things like “Can Goku surpass his limits” or (in the case of the Zen-Ohs) “this is so exciting”?

All that said, I’m kind of shocked that GT is currently leading in the poll.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 882
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 am

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:02 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:07 pm
Mad Swami wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:27 pm
The T.O.P which is one of the worst sagas in all of Dragonball. It's not as bad as Super 17, but it's cutting it close.
At least the Super 17 arc had the decency to just be 6 episodes long, that tournament and its build up were 55 episodes. To give an idea how long that is, the TOP arc is 17 hours longer than the Super 17 arc, which is just 2 hours.
precita wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:49 pm
The TOP itself is only 35 episodes. It starts in episode 97 and ends with the climax of the series. People were acting like the tournament was 50+ episodes or something, the build-up eps before hand don't count as part of the actual tournament.
35 episodes for the tournament (which is nothing but fighting), and 20 episodes for the build up. Why one earth did either have to be that long ? That's 55 episodes for the arc as a whole.
true. The T.O.P's horrid length may make it harder to stomach. However it actually has some decent bits. Few bit they exist

User avatar
Matches Malone
I Live Here
Posts: 3179
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: Super or GT poll

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:07 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:34 pm
I’m kind of shocked that GT is currently leading in the poll.
I thought whoever leading would be by a vote or 2, not nearly double as what GT's doing. I really wish Kanzenshuu allowed threads to have polls, at that would give us an accurate image of where they stand compared to one another, at least among members of this one site.
Mad Swami wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:02 pm
The T.O.P's actually has some decent bits. Few bit they exist
It definitely did, I just wish things weren't dragged out so much. The arc would've been far better had those moments been used in a shorter version of it.

Post Reply