New Blu Ray sets? Let's compare!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Arteaga4K
Not-So-Newbie

Re: New Blu Ray sets? Let's compare!

Post by Arteaga4K » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:04 pm

Honestly Toei just needs to stop being stubborn and hand over the original film prints to FUNimation, but as far as picture quality goes, they're okay (I guess). Also a little unrelated but why is the English dub in HD on funimation while the subbed version is stuck with the orange brick footage on the funimation app (until the buu saga where the Japanese version uses dragon box footage, oddly). Cannot wrap my head around funimation's thought process at all sometimes
Personal Top 5 Anime List
1. Attack on Titan
2. Code Geass
3. Hunter x Hunter (2011)
4. Yu Yu Hakusho
5. Dragon Ball/DBZ

Googaliemoogalie

Re: New Blu Ray sets? Let's compare!

Post by Googaliemoogalie » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:48 pm

Arteaga4K wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:04 pm Honestly Toei just needs to stop being stubborn and hand over the original film prints to FUNimation, but as far as picture quality goes, they're okay (I guess). Also a little unrelated but why is the English dub in HD on funimation while the subbed version is stuck with the orange brick footage on the funimation app (until the buu saga where the Japanese version uses dragon box footage, oddly). Cannot wrap my head around funimation's thought process at all sometimes
I think that may have to do with the rights they purchase for streaming or set out for streaming. Funimation is cheap.
Funimation also had good enough prints when they were doing the Levels set, but canceled them. That kinda proves that it's Funimation's fault mostly