If Goku didn't marry ChiChi, which woman would you pair him with?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Fangirl

If Goku didn't marry ChiChi, which woman would you pair him with?

Post by Dragon Ball Fangirl » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:37 am

For me, I would say that Suno(the girl from Jingle Village) would be better suited to be Goku's wife. She developed a crush on Goku immediately after they first met and she's such a kind hearted woman. Suno was worried about Goku after he launched his assault on Muscle Tower. She showed many qualities which would have made her a much better wife for Goku than ChiChi.

If they had gotten married, I feel like Suno would better understand Goku's need to fight and would actually allow him to train for any threats to the earth. She would worry about him if he ever got hurt in a fight. She would be a loving wife to Goku and a great mother to their children.

Goku and ChiChi's marriage felt... forced. ChiChi is just there to nag Goku all the time and she's one of the most irritating and pointless characters to have ever existed in the Dragon Ball Franchise.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If Goku didn't marry ChiChi, which woman would you pair him with?

Post by Cipher » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:49 am

Bulma.

It wouldn't be that weird.

dragonmagico
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonmagico » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:51 am

Bulma, her and suno were the only other women he really had any interaction with that wouldnt be inappropriate in age. And of the two, he had a lot more character development with bulma.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:09 pm

Suno was boring. Say one interesting thing about her other than “nice” and “had a crush on Goku” had she and Goku gotten hitched she would have been window dressing.

Bulma as Goku’s wife could have been interesting I guess. Gohan’s character likely would have been more like young Trunks but less arrogant. His character development would have been less “sheltered mama’s boy becomes a fighter” and more “spoiled brat who grew up in the life of luxury learns to be selfless” in the Saiyan arc I’d imagine.

Also I’d imagine the Trunks character would just be their second child since he would need to be Bulma’s child for the story to work .

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:53 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:09 pm Suno was boring. Say one interesting thing about her other than “nice” and “had a crush on Goku” had she and Goku gotten hitched she would have been window dressing.

Bulma as Goku’s wife could have been interesting I guess. Gohan’s character likely would have been more like young Trunks but less arrogant. His character development would have been less “sheltered mama’s boy becomes a fighter” and more “spoiled brat who grew up in the life of luxury learns to be selfless” in the Saiyan arc I’d imagine.

Also I’d imagine the Trunks character would just be their second child since he would need to be Bulma’s child for the story to work .
Here me out, but what if the Trunks character were the son of....Vegeta and Launch?! Let's say Launch gives up on chasing Tien and decides to live at Capsule Corp instead of Roshi's house. Vegeta's training one day, sees Good Launch Transform into Blonde Launch and then after having a mental breakdown (he still hasn't gone Super Saiyan by this point, so seeing that would fuck him all the way up), maybe he likes Blonde Launch's personality and the feeling is mutual :?:
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:09 pm

Obviously Suno. She understands Goku's nature, his desire & adventurous fire inside him. Wud make great wife for Goku ☺️

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:31 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:09 pm Suno was boring. Say one interesting thing about her other than “nice” and “had a crush on Goku” had she and Goku gotten hitched she would have been window dressing.
Oh Suno, easily! While we didn't see her for that long, she has this immediate fascination and chemistry with Goku that I felt would have benefited the later storylines greatly, compared to Chi-Chi's unsympathetic venom.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:14 pm

I think if they had written Chi-Chi differently--less single-mindedly with more balance between education and martial arts--it could've worked out better. Say she continued training, but also wasn't about to let Gohan get away without a typical education (picture him combining his exercise with math problems or something like that). I feel like she's got a lot of wasted opportunities as a character. There's a lot of wasted potential for comedy there too.

If not that, then yeah I guess Suno.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:57 pm

Caulifla. :P

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:36 pm

The only real answer here is Bulma, his first friend. But since Toriyama paired her up with Yamcha at the very beginning of the series, it obviously was not something he ever thought about.

I wonder if the height/age difference came into play, even though Goku was only 4 years younger than Bulma given she was 16 and he was 12....but he looked half her age due to his height.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Sno was nice, but probably too nice to be the wife of Son Gokū. Goku doesn't need sympathy or any more enablers in his life. Chichi's unwavering opposition to Goku's antics balances out the relationship. Chichi also understands Goku in a way that others cannot, as a former martial artist and daughter of Gyūmaō.

Chichi is similar enough and different enough from Goku to make the marriage work.

Bulma and Goku are anti-chemistry.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:25 pm

Chichi is the best choice for Goku because she is strong. A docile girl like Suno would not be able to keep Goku in line at all. Bulma would have also worked.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:26 pm

precita wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:36 pm The only real answer here is Bulma, his first friend. But since Toriyama paired her up with Yamcha at the very beginning of the series, it obviously was not something he ever thought about.

I wonder if the height/age difference came into play, even though Goku was only 4 years younger than Bulma given she was 16 and he was 12....but he looked half her age due to his height.
Toriyama definitely thought about it when Goku grew up and he wrote Bulma to say something like "maybe I made the wrong choice with Yamcha and should have waited for Son Goku!"

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:45 pm

Lunch I guess, I feel like Goku is the only one that could deal with her bizarre personality shifts.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:24 am

Nobody. Romance was never a serious aspect of the character, and Chi-Chi as a wife never added anything to the story.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:28 pm

Caulifla, if she was older
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:18 pm

Bulma might be the best next option given she already has a Saiyan for a husband. On the surface, Suno seems like a good fit but I can't imagine her putting up with Goku's quirks.

Some may say Caulifla but she called him an old man so.. not likely unless they age her up.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:58 pm

Probably with Launch but realistically Goku would not engage with her unless she makes him promise to marriage her in the future, and as the good heart boy that Goku is he keeps the promise when Launch makes him remember that.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:27 am

I completely forgot that Suno existed, so i would pair her with him :lol:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:23 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:58 pm Probably with Launch but realistically Goku would not engage with her unless she makes him promise to marriage her in the future, and as the good heart boy that Goku is he keeps the promise when Launch makes him remember that.
https://www.deviantart.com/artex-raito/ ... -824256157 Now that's something i would love to happen, if only to see their son/daughter with two personalities.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015