Who is your favorite God of Destruction?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Who is your favorite God of Destruction?

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:34 am

I've been conducting a cross-internet poll over various sites to see which GoDs the fans like.

I started the poll earlier in the day, so a good chunk of people already voted, but it's always nice to see more people choose their favorites. All 12 GoDs of the multiverse, plus the 3 SDBH GoDs, are choices you can pick. Don't worry if can't choose 1 GoD, you are able to vote for more than 1 GoD.

So far the top 5 GoDs are:
  • Quitela
  • Beerus
  • Shandy
  • Liquiir
  • Champa

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Who is your favorite God of Destruction?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:51 am

I'm genuinely surprised Quitela is leading the poll, since he literally has 20 seconds of screentime. I guess the people who voted on that poll liked the idea of a rat as a Destroyer God? I don't know.

DevilKing99
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DevilKing99 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:58 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:51 am I'm genuinely surprised Quitela is leading the poll, since he literally has 20 seconds of screentime. I guess the people who voted on that poll liked the idea of a rat as a Destroyer God? I don't know.
In terms of story, he is might be the most relevant god of destruction in the future besides Champa and Belmod because of his rivalry with Beerus.

I'm sure the poll is going to be

1. Beerus

2. Champa

3. Belmod

4. Quitela

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:00 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:51 am I'm genuinely surprised Quitela is leading the poll, since he literally has 20 seconds of screentime. I guess the people who voted on that poll liked the idea of a rat as a Destroyer God? I don't know.
I don't get it either, but I pulled off a similar poll back in 2017, and he too was in first place:

If anything, I'm more surprised Shandy is this high up considering he's only existed for a few weeks now.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:01 pm

I'm honestly surprised that anyone except Beerus is leading. He's the main one. None of the other Hakaishin have had anywhere close to the amount of development or exposure. What's really so special about Quitela besides his rivalry with Beerus (which I thought Champa and Belmod also fulfilled)? He's annoying and fairly basic in terms of design. KEKEKEKEH, yeah, shut up.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:33 pm

I went with Champa. I don't think there's any GoD as funny (looks and personality), his original VA is great as well. Plus, he always seems to get screwed and has no problem going nuts in public.

I'm also on the what-is-so-interesting-about-Quitela train, I hate his minimalistic design (and his colours), they could've given him some nice moves or something, but no. Seems he is minimalistic in his abilities as well. But I'm more baffled with that chibi-Beerus getting so much love, that guy creeps me out.

I love Vermoud's design and his laid back personality, but I kept expecting more, I thought he was going to be more like Digimon's Piedmon. I guess that's my bad.

I didn't pick Beerus because that'd be the obvious choice.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Quitela doesn't seem like one of the GoDs who care all that much about rules...

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:10 pm

It's a toss up between Beerus and Champa for me, though them being brothers of differing physiques and the moments where they are at each other's throats are by far my favorites.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:13 pm

I voted for the bunny girl because she was cute. :lol:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:09 pm

It's been almost a day since the poll started, so here are the results so far:

Quitela is still in the lead, but Beerus is not too far behind. Positions have been consistant for the most part, but Saria did barely make the jump to double digits.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:38 pm

Okay, we need the Quitela lovers to come here and explain themselves
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:23 pm

I guess part of Quitela’s apparent popularity in this poll might be because he’s implied to be one of the only Gods of Destruction whose strength is on par with Beerus. Still, I never got the impression that he was ever a particularly popular character. I always thought Liquiir was the most popular.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Are there people in here who find rats to be really cute or something? I can't think of any other reason as to why the rat God is leading. He was so forgettable, I had to goggle up his name. This is true to every GoD btw, except for Beerus and Champa of course. They should be leading. Or at least Helles for being arguably the hottest GoD.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:40 pm

Yeah, I would've expected Helles to be leading the poll, maybe only behind Beerus. She's a hot woman, and hot women tend to be very popular, especially amongst anime fans :roll:

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:13 pm

Judging by a handful of comments I've read, what I can sum up is that people like Quitela either because of his cocky attitude or because they think he's cute.

Anyways, here's the current results before I leave for work:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:34 pm

Those SDBH GoDs are getting a lot of votes. Perhaps without them on the poll, other GoDs would've gotten better results. But the Quitela trend should remain anyway.

I guess those chibi-GoDs get more attention in SDBH than the main-continuity ones, thus attracting more votes.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:37 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:27 pm Are there people in here who find rats to be really cute or something? I can't think of any other reason as to why the rat God is leading. He was so forgettable, I had to goggle up his name. This is true to every GoD btw, except for Beerus and Champa of course. They should be leading. Or at least Helles for being arguably the hottest GoD.
I thought he’s supposed to be a mouse?

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:31 pm

Favorite: Beers. I also really like Vermod and Liqiir. Love rats, but I'm indifferent to Qitela besides his cat&mouse thing with Beerus

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Quitela has a much bigger role in the manga. I can understand why people voted for him.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:02 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:59 pm Quitela has a much bigger role in the manga. I can understand why people voted for him.
Not really. He has some prominence in the exhibition match, but in the anime, he manipulates Sidra into going after Universe 7.