My Dragon Ball Wishes for 2021

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

My Dragon Ball Wishes for 2021

Post by DestructoDisc » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:21 am

Since this year is on its last legs (thank God), I want to talk about my Dragon Ball wishes for next year

First I really hope that the next Manga arc will be good, at least better than the Moro arc. I also hope the angels and the GoDs will be explored more in this one.

I hope a new movie and the return of the DBS anime will finally be announced.

If the anime really will come back, I hope they won't do a retelling of the Broly movie

I also hope Xeno Goten and Xeno Gohan will make more appearances in Heroes (games, anime, manga). I love their designs, they're super cool and hot and I want to see more of them. They can literally kick me in the face and I would feel honoured. Sorry if that sounded weird.

That's pretty much it.What are your wishes?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: My Dragon Ball Wishes for 2021

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:28 am

I definitely hope for a continuation of the Super animated content, either through a new season or a new movie for the anime.

The manga is, ugh, fine I guess... but I just can't get into the story without animation, voice actors, soundtrack, etc. :(

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:40 am

My one wish is the same every year, give me a Blu-Ray release of the original DB. I'll gladly take SelecVision's release, just give me anything. :cry:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:52 am

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:40 am My one wish is the same every year, give me a Blu-Ray release of the original DB. I'll gladly take SelecVision's release, just give me anything. :cry:
Based post.

Give me Blue Ray release of the original Dragon Ball and I’ll take most of the bad things I ever said about FUNimation back.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:07 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:52 am Give me Blue Ray release of the original Dragon Ball and I’ll take most of the bad things I ever said about FUNimation back.
I'm surprised we haven't gotten GT on Blu-Ray yet considering how short it is. It's such a shame that 2 major parts of the biggest franchise in anime are still stuck on a decade old, outdated format. The original Naruto is now getting released on BLU-RAY, same for Bleach, so why not DB and GT ?

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:49 am

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:07 am
MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:52 am Give me Blue Ray release of the original Dragon Ball and I’ll take most of the bad things I ever said about FUNimation back.
I'm surprised we haven't gotten GT on Blu-Ray yet considering how short it is. It's such a shame that 2 major parts of the biggest franchise in anime are still stuck on a decade old, outdated format. The original Naruto is now getting released on BLU-RAY, same for Bleach, so why not DB and GT ?
Indeed, i mean the Green Bricks came out back in late 2008/early 2009 and the Blue Bricks were released from September 2009 to July 2010 so they're long overdue for new releases. Meanwhile Z of course has been released and re released multiple times over since then. Though that's also partly because FUNi doesn't have proper film masters of the former two series but rather just standard definition digibeta tape transfers from the early 2000's. They'd most likely have to request film stock copies from Toei or something before both would be releasable on Blu-ray.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:55 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:49 amThey'd most likely have to request film stock copies from Toei or something before both would be releasable on Blu-ray.
Select vision are releasing DB on Blu-ray so surely they could just import that version couldn't they ?

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:58 am

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:55 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:49 amThey'd most likely have to request film stock copies from Toei or something before both would be releasable on Blu-ray.
Select vision are releasing DB on Blu-ray so surely they could just import that version couldn't they ?
True, i suppose they could get those masters and all they'd really have to do is slap the dub track on there along with the Japanese audio obviously and it'll be good to go. The biggest things that would come from those versions coming out on BD here is the series' complete package with both openings, all four closing animations and the next episode previews which neither the Saga Sets or Blue Bricks have.
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:01 am

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:40 am My one wish is the same every year, give me a Blu-Ray release of the original DB. I'll gladly take SelecVision's release, just give me anything. :cry:
I'd love that, and definitely GT on Blu-Ray too.

Apart from that what I want most is for the Ocean dub of Kai to get some kind of release however unlikely that may be by now.

A new Super anime and movie would be great too, but I don't mind waiting for either.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:10 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:01 am I'd love that, and definitely GT on Blu-Ray too.

Apart from that what I want most is for the Ocean dub of Kai to get some kind of release however unlikely that may be by now.
GT would look great in HD.

Why hasn't that released yet ? if it's finished aren't they just sitting on money ?

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:33 am

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:10 amWhy hasn't that released yet ? if it's finished aren't they just sitting on money ?
Lack of interest from broadcasters. Some posters here have contacted Ocean reps who have confirmed they are shopping their Kai dub around to this day, but yeah any networks that turned it down are rejecting a very valuable asset.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:56 pm

• That the next manga arc will be a lot more fun (imo) than the Moro arc.
  • That we at least get a confirmation that the weekly anime or a movie will eventually be coming soon.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:01 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:33 am , but yeah any networks that turned it down are rejecting a very valuable asset.
Unfortunately the Funi dub of Kai has (afaik) aired in any potential market that would have an interest in Ocean Kai. So essentially they’re trying to sell what would amount to being reruns of Dragon Ball Z Kai just with a different cast (and yes the music and the dialog is going to be different but that’s really not going to matter to Networks) you would be hard press to honestly say rejecting Ocean Kai is “rejecting a very valuable asset”

DBPirate

Post by DBPirate » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:12 pm

Either a new movie or the continuation of the anime would be my top wants. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind a Kai-esque version of DB (which I think should've been done to begin with) to stall for time until Super can come back but I'm not sure if that's sacrilege around here.

It'd also be nice to get a fighting game that doesn't ignore some part of the series for the sake of Heroes content.
Favorite sagas: Tien Shinhan (DB), Frieza (Z), Future Trunks (Super)
Favorite characters: Frieza, Future Trunks, Beerus, Android 17, Zamasu, Gohan

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:54 pm

For Ocean Kai to finally fucking air and I would give up a kingdom for it.

Also for Me TV to air DBZ. I dont even give a damn what footage or dub they would be airing....although Ocean Kai is mighty tempting.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:06 pm

I don't want a long for new year's, there is just one thing I need:
Some good fucking anime content.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:07 pm

1: Funimation to make SD-Blurays of their shows. They could fit Dragon Ball on SD on three bluray discs.

2: I'd like to see them do a M.O.D system that can bring some anime back in print

3: Let/have Sony do their restorations. Even if the level sets were positive, they clearly don't have the resources to do it in house but Sony does.

Kingbrockstar1995
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kingbrockstar1995 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:56 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:07 pm 1: Funimation to make SD-Blurays of their shows. They could fit Dragon Ball on SD on three bluray discs.

2: I'd like to see them do a M.O.D system that can bring some anime back in print

3: Let/have Sony do their restorations. Even if the level sets were positive, they clearly don't have the resources to do it in house but Sony does.
what's the M.O.D system?

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:30 pm

Kingbrockstar1995 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:56 pm
eledoremassis02 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:07 pm 1: Funimation to make SD-Blurays of their shows. They could fit Dragon Ball on SD on three bluray discs.

what's the M.O.D system?
Like, they could so a run of the 4:3 DVD singles in limited quantity and then only print more if they run out of those stock. Similar to Warner Bros. archive.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:44 am

DBPirate wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:12 pmI wouldn't mind a Kai-esque version of DB to stall for time until Super can come back but I'm not sure if that's sacrilege around here.
I definitely agree with this. They should've done this awhile ago if they knew Super would be off the air for a few years. I think what's preventing this is a lack of time slot, as Digimon currently has DB's alongside One Piece.