Lalainia Lindbjerg's Bulma

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Lalainia Lindbjerg's Bulma

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:57 pm

Know this is going back 2 decades now, thought I'd ask what are you guys thoughts of Lalainia Lindbjerg's take on Bulma? Myself, I thought she was a great Bulma. Yes it was the first time I was introduced to the character, but I thought she made the character her own and gave her a good voice. That was why it took a bit for me to get used to Ms. Vollmer as Ms. Lindbjerg made it so memorable, kind of how some folks tend to compare new Batman voices to Mr. Conroy. Those are my thoughts, but what about you guys who heard her? Should also note she didn't do the later Canadian eps as she took a break to start a family in-between season 2/movies 1-3 and Gundam Seed Destiny.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Re: Lalainia Lindbjerg's Bulma

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:04 pm

From the Ocean dubbed episodes i have seen here and there as well as the Pioneer movie 1-3 dubs where Lindbjerg was Bulma i thought she did a really good job overall, and for me personally her voice is up there along with Monica Rial's in Kai and onward. Both are definitely much better than the stereotype bratty valley girl type voice that Tiffany Vollmer did much of the time when she played the character.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:54 pm

I always liked her the best of the English Bulma’s

1. Lalaina Lindbjerg
2. Maggie O’Hara
3. Monica Rial
4. Wendee Lee
5. Tiffany Vollmer
6. Harley Quinn from the AB Groupe dub
7. The British nanny from Sleeping Princess in Devil’s Castle

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:32 pm

Like the overwhelming majority of the pre-1999 Ocean cast, I think she was much better than her successor. I think her timing, acting, delivery, and overall voice was great. Even dating back to the original Dragon Ball, I really enjoyed her work, though she definitely improved going into Z.

Vollmer was someone who started off terribly, but by the middle of her Z run and in Dragon Ball, she also came into her stride.

Rial is okay, though kinda grating sometimes. I can't see how she's leaps and bounds better than Vollmer like some claim. Vollmer's acting during the "Ginyu" and "Frieza" sagas? Sure. But overall? Nah.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:37 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:32 pm Like the overwhelming majority of the pre-1999 Ocean cast, I think she was much better than her successor. I think her timing, acting, delivery, and overall voice was great. Even dating back to the original Dragon Ball, I really enjoyed her work, though she definitely improved going into Z.

Vollmer was someone who started off terribly, but by the middle of her Z run and in Dragon Ball, she also came into her stride.

Rial is okay, though kinda grating sometimes. I can't see how she's leaps and bounds better than Vollmer like some claim. Vollmer's acting during the "Ginyu" and "Frieza" sagas? Sure. But overall? Nah.
Yeah I always kind of eh on Rial myself, she was honestly my least favorite of Bulma's VAs, not bad but not amazing either.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku