2021 Dragon Ball Wishlist/Predictions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: 2021 Dragon Ball Wishlist/Predictions

Post by Jord » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:48 am

Grimlock wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:37 am My only wish just became stronger after WandaVision's last episode, I want the series' cast (or just Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and whoever they want to throw in) to meet the GT/movies cast so badly.

This has to happen eventually. Please put a hold to this very old formulaic heroes vs villains plot where things don't actually make a big change/impact in the grand scheme of things, and do this sort of "crossover". Let's go big!
That is an excellent idea. I guess the closest thing we have now is Herpes.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:55 am

Um... was Herpes intended or was that a tyop?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:59 am

Jord wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:48 amThat is an excellent idea. I guess the closest thing we have now is Herpes.
I'm sorry, I'm not even close to have Herpes! :lol:

Anyway, yeah. Dragon Ball Heroes is the only piece of media doing this, which is mindblow to be honest. You'd think this theme/subject would've taken over the franchise by now, but nope... Why we are still getting these very old formulaic sagas are beyond me. We should be aiming high by now, doing crossovers, you know.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

jaisonas
Beyond Newbie

Post by jaisonas » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:03 pm

Wishlist: Proper bluray release of the old series
Prediction: More super...
I enjoy tinkering with video and audio.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:06 pm

Wishlist: Rights taken away from Toei and Toriyama, anime reboot with proper studio, staff, budget and time. DVD/BD release of DB-DBZ-DBGT with original broadcast audio. Funimation losing rights to Dragon Ball.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:02 pm

Wish list: trans character added to series with a contributor there to make sure nothing offensive is done with the character.

Prediction: TV special remake of the first Dragon Ball Hunt.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:31 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:02 pm Prediction: TV special remake of the first Dragon Ball Hunt.
This one sounds more like a very nice wish... but would you really predict such a thing happening in 2021? I love the idea and it wouldn’t be a first considering Toei did the exact same thing with One Piece. But still, it’s so very unlikely unfortunately. But now that you mentioned it I want it. It would fit so perfectly as a 1 hour TV special.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:37 pm

emperior wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:31 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:02 pm Prediction: TV special remake of the first Dragon Ball Hunt.
This one sounds more like a very nice wish... but would you really predict such a thing happening in 2021? I love the idea and it wouldn’t be a first considering Toei did the exact same thing with One Piece. But still, it’s so very unlikely unfortunately. But now that you mentioned it I want it. It would fit so perfectly as a 1 hour TV special.
I mean...it's only February. If Toei is still on their bullshit with cramming in productions then it is not impossible. It's also the 35th anniversary of the original 1986 series' beginning.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:47 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:37 pm
emperior wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:31 pm
I mean...it's only February. If Toei is still on their bullshit with cramming in productions then it is not impossible. It's also the 35th anniversary of the original 1986 series' beginning.
You are much more knowledgeable than me when it comes to productions and this kind of stuff, so if you say it’s possible... I guess the reasoning is there because the fact it’s the 35th anniversary could be a good excuse to make such a TV special, especially if they do not intend to make a new movie or to bring back the anime.

Hopefully Toei will surprise us with such a release! I would love it to look back at this thread in a year and see that this particular prediction was accurate.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:07 pm

My (unrealistic) wishlist:

- Super coming back to TV. It won't happen though (see the reason in the predictions).

- Fighterz having a whole bunch of Dramatic Finishes and/or extra costumes and/or alternate intros/outros (see Mortal Kombat) added, even with a whole season sacrificed for it with "no new character for once, every efforts pointed to the awesome presentation".
Why it won't happen? You guessed it, because it's a competitive game and all efforts must go in priority to keeping the gameplay fresh and interesting with new characters offering new gameplay possibilities and rebalancing the scales. This is what the players want to keep being interested and so this is what the devs better do to keep the success going.

My predictions:

- Nothing new anime-wise, the series doesn't return, no new movie either. Only Heroes promotional episodes keep going all year long.
I think Dragon Quest: the Adventure of Dai is basically both a way to give a worthy adaptation to a manga that deserves it AND a placeholder and training ground for the return of Super. Only when Dragon Quest ends will Super return and use the same production process and team, and it sure won't be in 2021 even if the DQ adaptation is thankfully going fast for maximum viewing pleasure!

- Kakarot's 3rd DLC will FINALLY get announced and it will be the Goku Black arc. The tournament between Universe 6 and 7 will be skipped and not even mentionned, since going from Golden Freeza to Goku Black directly works aside from Goku's Blue Kaioken - which will instead be brought up in the Goku Black arc as part of what Goku came up with when training after the first defeat. The 3rd DLC will be more massive content-wise (as announced) not only because of the story, but because you'll have side missions in the explorable city of the future to help the people there, with basically the West City area being "reskinned" for the occasion as it includes both a large city and wilderness for the player to freely roam and find side activities. Underground resistance areas will serve as a hub for side missions (replacing the Capsule Corporations' hub).

- Kakarot will arrive on Switch, which should have already been the case quite a while ago as it seems to be an obvious thing to do.

- Fighterz will have a new season announced to keep it living on. However, with the development process being extremely slow since the COVID changed the way they work and already slowing down season 3 way too much, season 4 will only be about bringing new characters: there will be zero Dramatic Finish added from now on and even less "gameplay game-changer" update like there was in season 3.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue May 18, 2021 10:42 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:36 pm Things that I predict have a decent chance of happening:
  • A new movie announced and maybe released by the end of the year or early 2022
  • Toei blu-rays announced for Z/GT
  • Confirmation from Toei that they plan to create new Super episodes eventually (I'm guessing we'll get new episodes after Super finishes re-airing on BS Fuji 2 years from now, which will give the manga enough time to develop without risk of the anime catching up).
Things I wish would happen but don't actually believe will happen:
  • New Super episodes, but as a seasonal series so we get fewer episodes but much higher quality
  • A Galatic Patrol spin-off series begins involving the weaker Z fighters
  • The SDBH arcade game gets released worldwide
  • Funimation releases a special edition of the Z blurays without any cropping or DNR
  • The Banpresto Ichiban Kuji lottery comes to the US.
So I got the movie prediction right, and now the ichiban kuji lottery is coming to the US which I never really thought would happen...
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR218523

I wonder what else I'll get right? 🤔 I'm really hoping for the Super anime to return as a seasonal series with a higher production budget now 😄