Why couldnt Toei do more of THIS PAN!?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Why couldnt Toei do more of THIS PAN!?

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:12 pm

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/kin-sama/181152877988

I know this are earthling weakling criminals but this DOES look quite cool.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Why couldnt Toei do more of THIS PAN!?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:49 pm

Nothing has really changed. Xeno Pan does nothing and they still didn't give her a super saiyan.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:38 pm

"Her Saiyan blood is too diluted."

[Looks to her grandson, who goes Super Saiyan as a child.]

Mmmmmmmmhm. I hope we get a time skip at some point so we can see Super's version of Pan proper. At least we have Caulifla and Kale now as official female Super Saiyans, but Pan should have been the first.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:51 pm

Image requires Tumblr Log in

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:00 pm

I was wondering why no one was paying any attention to my link.

It shows Pan being UTTERLY BADASS against earth criminals. I know that is lame compared to the Super Saiyans but its much better than the deal she got later on.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:14 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:00 pm
It shows Pan being UTTERLY BADASS against earth criminals.
So something Chi Chi or Videl could pull off?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:28 pm

YES! A MILLION TIMES YES!

Bet you didnt expect that.

NeoZ Duwang
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NeoZ Duwang » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:33 pm

It's very frustrating how almost every female fighter in the original series either didn't get involved on the main conflict at all (Number 18) or was retired from Martial Arts before that (Chichi and Videl). And while I don't think a character NEEDS to be strong or "cool" to be fun (I mean, just look at Blooma) having more girls who can kick butt is always cool
she/they.