DBE Emporium - The Dragonball: Evolution Archive

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

DBE Emporium - The Dragonball: Evolution Archive

Post by dragondyle » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:50 am

Hey there! It's been awhile since I made a topic on here but I got something to share with you guys that I've been working on for a bit now: DBE Emporium, the Dragonball: Evolution Archive. It's very "work-in-progress" right now and I'm continually updating it but I really like where it's at to share. It's got news timelines, merchandise guides and a bunch more.

I don't need to go into how bad the movie is or how the fandom has perceived it. You all know that by now and this is just to celebrate it in a way, whether we celebrate it's infamy depends on the topic. However, DBE has been my biggest guilty pleasure since the it's release so it was actually a lot of fun doing this.

Also, if any of you have something that needs to be added to the archive, shoot me a message. Thanks for checking out and enjoy!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: DBE Emporium - The Dragonball: Evolution Archive

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:16 pm

- Link to original script - https://thedaoofdragonball.com/blog/new ... iscovered/
- A debate section of all the changes made, and if any were justified
- Go over what Dragonball Evolution did right
- Interviews
- Links to the endless riffs from other people talking about the movie, good and bad.
-"Where Are They Now?" of the cast, directors, and producers.

MrSatan2099
Patreon Supporter

Post by MrSatan2099 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:26 am

I'm really glad you took the time to put this together. I think it's important for newer fans who only see things like Evolution years after the fact to have a little more context about them. There's a very similar website for the live action Super Mario Bros movie, which I would say is very similar as an adaptation. I followed the news about this film very closely back in 08, and even though I had let it all slip from my conscious memory it all came flooding back after going through your archive. Is that necessarily a good thing? Debatable at best. It's just hard to believe it's been 12 years, and like many things it's so wild to see how the landscape of the franchise has changed in that time. We do have Evolution to thank for Battle of Gods in a way, so it's place in history is unquestionable. Thanks for all your work!

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:28 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:16 pm - Link to original script - https://thedaoofdragonball.com/blog/new ... iscovered/
- A debate section of all the changes made, and if any were justified
- Go over what Dragonball Evolution did right
- Interviews
- Links to the endless riffs from other people talking about the movie, good and bad.
-"Where Are They Now?" of the cast, directors, and producers.
Thanks for the ideas! Will definitely write those at some point.
MrSatan2099 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:26 am I'm really glad you took the time to put this together. I think it's important for newer fans who only see things like Evolution years after the fact to have a little more context about them. There's a very similar website for the live action Super Mario Bros movie, which I would say is very similar as an adaptation. I followed the news about this film very closely back in 08, and even though I had let it all slip from my conscious memory it all came flooding back after going through your archive. Is that necessarily a good thing? Debatable at best. It's just hard to believe it's been 12 years, and like many things it's so wild to see how the landscape of the franchise has changed in that time. We do have Evolution to thank for Battle of Gods in a way, so it's place in history is unquestionable. Thanks for all your work!
Thanks for your appreciation! I'm glad you had a blast from the past in a really odd way haha. I love that SMB movie site and I guess subconsciously I was influenced by that kind of archiving of weird things. Totally forgot that site existed actually!
Founder of The Dragonball: Evolution Archive.
You must have faith in who you are.