GT and misogyny

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: GT and misogyny

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:44 pm

UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:33 pm
goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:18 pm JulieYBM, UltraInstinctRorikon & SoppSaiaPeople Nothing about my post was wrong or degrading but if it made you a little uncomfortable then, tough! that's on you not me. I was piggy backing off Dr.Casey's post about women's "Prime Years".
It most certainly is on you. This isn't thecoli.
Their Dragon Ball threads are more fun, though.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:17 am

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:41 pm All those men and enbies getting pregnant out here shaking their heads at this shit, too.
Shake em up, shake em up, shake em up, shake em!

That's cool, I don't expect everyone to agree ( especially folks who live an alternative lifestyle), otherwise this thread wouldn't be 30+ pages.

jjgp1112 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:44 pm
goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:18 pm JulieYBM, UltraInstinctRorikon & SoppSaiaPeople Nothing about my post was wrong or degrading but if it made you a little uncomfortable then, tough! that's on you not me. I was piggy backing off Dr.Casey's post about women's "Prime Years".
Oh that's TheColi, interesting.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:23 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:06 pm Because having children when there's less risk involved is bad?

Listen I'm all for women having the choice to do what they want, the ability to choose is a privilege that everyone should have BUT at same time there has to be an understanding that there're pros and cons for everything, so as long as folks can be at peace with what comes with the choices they make instead of complaining about how they cant have their cake and eat it too, then hey I can respect that.
who on earth brought up pregnancies though is the thing ? like i assumed dr. casey's post was more so about how we age we realize that the difference between 30 and 40 isn't much different, and that we kinda have a hyperfixation on getting old and all that stuff, not about the prime years to have a baby. it's such a weird way to view the world, sure if you strip away everything that makes us...well us, than yeah prime age to reproduce matters, but we're not animals and literally spefically mentioning it about women (and how their looks decline lol), is just really weird and kinda gross.

i just hope you misread what dr. casey was saying.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:28 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:17 am
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:41 pm All those men and enbies getting pregnant out here shaking their heads at this shit, too.
Shake em up, shake em up, shake em up, shake em!

That's cool, I don't expect everyone to agree ( especially folks who live an alternative lifestyle), otherwise this thread wouldn't be 30+ pages.

Oh that's TheColi, interesting.
'Alternative lifestyle' is not a thing, because there is no 'normal' or 'default' 'lifestyle'.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:44 am

From that thread:

Maybe I should make this my new avatar.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:35 pm

KBABZ wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:38 pm

In fact, as far as I'm aware, Bulma is one of the only character in the series who visibly ages on a more granular level; you can tell via her fashion that she's getting older through the 22nd TB, 23rd TB, Saiyan, Namek, Android and Buu arcs, before hitting her endpoints in EoZ and GT.
I agree for the most part but honestly during the late Saiyan saga and Namek it felt like she was being de-aged a bit. The blue dress and pony tail with hair ribbon during the Saiyan conflict made her look really young and so did the headband on Namek. I distinctly remember assuming she was a teenager when I first saw episodes of DBZ on Cartoon Network in the late 90s (though honestly Lalaina made her sound really young and Vollmer’s over the top Valley Girl caricature in season 3 didn’t help)

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:10 pm

As far as Bulma’s age goes, her post-RF look ironically makes her look younger than she does in the Cell or Boo arcs, and yet the series keeps telling us that she’s becoming an old hag with saggy breasts. That even plays a major part in the Broly movie. It’s a little weird.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:23 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:10 pm As far as Bulma’s age goes, her post-RF look ironically makes her look younger than she does in the Cell or Boo arcs, and yet the series keeps telling us that she’s becoming an old hag with saggy breasts. That even plays a major part in the Broly movie. It’s a little weird.
Yeah. I pointed out to Robo ages ago that the fact that Super decided to make a singular, persistent design for Bulma, on top of reverting Vegeta and Goku to their Android Arc looks, tells you everything you need to know about Super's desire to relive the past with as minimal effort as possible.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:17 pm

I can't help but think sometimes that Pan was intended to be more of a pre-teen during GT, but it goes back and forth. If Bra was presumably aged up a few years, it seems like Pan could have been too. But then sometimes I think I prefer her as a nine year old who dresses and behaves older than she is to get respect or attention, because it works for the character.

Maybe if GT hadn't ended when it did, there would have been more to go on concerning Pan and Bra's ages. Like a timeskip, or some love interests, etc.

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:35 pm I agree for the most part but honestly during the late Saiyan saga and Namek it felt like she was being de-aged a bit. The blue dress and pony tail with hair ribbon during the Saiyan conflict made her look really young and so did the headband on Namek. I distinctly remember assuming she was a teenager when I first saw episodes of DBZ on Cartoon Network in the late 90s (though honestly Lalaina made her sound really young and Vollmer’s over the top Valley Girl caricature in season 3 didn’t help)
I think that it would be in-character for Bulma to dress in a way that makes her look younger than her age, so those outfits make sense to me. I also think it makes sense that she has a more girlish sounding voice. I won't defend Vollmer's performance, but I don't mind Lindbjerg's take.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:46 am

MyVisionity wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:17 pm
I think that it would be in-character for Bulma to dress in a way that makes her look younger than her age, so those outfits make sense to me
Oh its not out of character. It was just interesting how much more adult she looked in the 22nd Budokai all the way to the Raditz stuff and then she randomly looks like a teenager again around the time Vegeta and Nappa arrive

I won't defend Vollmer's performance, but I don't mind Lindbjerg's take.
Oh Lindbjerg is probably my favorite English Bulma she just makes Bulma sound fairly young that back when I was only casually watching Dragon Ball Z the voice on top of her Namek design made me assume she was a teenager.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:19 am

Bulma looked her oldest when Radditz arrived. I guess it was because of the 5 year time skip from the end of Dragonball to DBZ and Toriyama wanted to make it look like she aged.

Then you're right, as the Saiyan saga goes on and she goes to her ponytail look and different clothing she looks younger again. I guess Toriyama felt he drew Bulma too old looking when Radditz showed up and went back on it.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:38 pm

precita wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:19 am Bulma looked her oldest when Radditz arrived.
-cough-

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Would you say this beautiful here is 63 years old? And it kinda feels she's younger than we last saw her in AGE 788, before Trunks and Cell fight.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:56 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:22 pm Would you say this beautiful here is 63 years old? And it kinda feels she's younger than we last saw her in AGE 788, before Trunks and Cell fight.

Wasn’t Trunks like 20 in the Zamasu arc? Bulma would only be early 50s

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:58 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:56 pm
Grimlock wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:22 pm Would you say this beautiful here is 63 years old? And it kinda feels she's younger than we last saw her in AGE 788, before Trunks and Cell fight.

No, Trunks is 30 in Super
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:01 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:58 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:56 pm

No, Trunks is 30 in Super
My mistake. That’s what I get for only half paying attention when watching

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:25 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:06 pm Because having children when there's less risk involved is bad?
My mom had me, and my two sisters in her 30s. Even my cousin just had her second kid at the age of 40 and everyone turn out fine. People have this stupid society rule where everyone must do things by a deadline. If you are still at home and going to a community college after 25, you are either stupid or poor. Also, people can freeze eggs and have babies at a later date. The post-Gen X generation are having less kids because they can't afford it. Not to mention, over population is a serious issue. The human race is over 7 billion people and you would still have billions of people left over in the next 100-200 years if people stop having sex.
goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:52 pm
That said I never understood the "Lolicon" appeal in anime/manga and not entirely sure who it's supposed to appeal too,
People use Lolicon as a gateway to jerk off to children. It falls under in a grey area because it's a drawing or CG image which is why Rule 34.net is still a thing. I find Lolicon to be gross and wrong even though it's not real. It's not the same when it comes to liking violent movies and video games.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:36 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:25 pm
My mom had me, and my two sisters in her 30s. Even my cousin just had her second kid at the age of 40 and everyone turn out fine. People have this stupid society rule where everyone must do things by a deadline. If you are still at home and going to a community college after 25, you are either stupid or poor. Also, people can freeze eggs and have babies at a later date. The post-Gen X generation are having less kids because they can't afford it. Not to mention, over population is a serious issue. The human race is over 7 billion people and you would still have billions of people left over in the next 100-200 years if people stop having sex.
That said I never understood the "Lolicon" appeal in anime/manga and not entirely sure who it's supposed to appeal too,
People use Lolicon as a gateway to jerk off to children. It falls under in a grey area because it's a drawing or CG image which is why Rule 34.net is still a thing. I find Lolicon to be gross and wrong even though it's not real. It's not the same when it comes to liking violent movies and video games.
This isn't a societal thing necessarily, and many people do have kids into their 30's, especially as the quality of medicine increases, but biologically speaking, people's prime physical years are usually in their 20s. After 35 the risk increases. That's not a controversial statement, just a statement of fact.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:57 pm

ABED wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:36 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:25 pm
This isn't a societal thing necessarily, and many people do have kids into their 30's, especially as the quality of medicine increases, but biologically speaking, people's prime physical years are usually in their 20s. After 35 the risk increases. That's not a controversial statement, just a statement of fact.
Maybe the physical prime of someone body is in their 20s, however that doesn't apply to me. Long story short from age 18-30 my health was extremely bad, whatever small thing I got like a cold or sore throat it was guaranteed it would turn into a virus of infection. Thanks to my health I did poorly in my studies and even had the bad luck to get many times sinus infections even on my exam day or close to it.
I did poorly in college thanks to it, I did poorly in my private lessons thanks to it.

However thanks to a treatment I am doing, my allergies has been under control and I been 1 year+ without getting sick or infection. The treatment is called Immunotherapy.

At the moment I have 5 GCSE and I am doing A Level ICT and Business Studies. I am close to be able to go to University.

The only thing that pisses me of is that all those years I have waste thanks to my health being really bad. All those times I couldn't study good and failed was thanks to my health, especially when I was getting sinus infection.
Once when I had sinus infection I tried drinking tea, coffee, lucazade and energy shot drink but it didn't do anything. This was when I was doing GCSE Business studies, the day before the exam we did the practice exam and the teacher was confident I was going to pass. The next day I was with a lot of headaches, eyes really tired, nose block and sneezing, etc. Even just writing my name was hard thanks to that headache.

What pisses me of is there is no way to extend my life span and no way to gain back all those years I have wasted.

I made many thread in the past about this, although not in this website. While I been in minimum wage job getting little money for many years, everyone I know got their degrees, got a high pay job, got married and started a family.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:02 pm

It's not a hard and fast rule, but it is overwhelmingly true for the majority of people other things being equal. Again, not a controversial point and your anecdotal evidence proof that what I'm saying is wrong. The body does begin to begin to break down quicker when you hit your mid 30s GENERALLY SPEAKING.
Last edited by ABED on Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.