Big Green Roundup

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Big Green Roundup

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:27 am

I’ve read your original post a few times and I’m not clear on what exactly you’re asking people. What’s a roundup in this context? What are they voting for and why? I have no idea. If I have no idea, most people reading this probably have no idea.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gilby1385
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gilby1385 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:34 am

VegettoEX wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:27 am I’ve read your original post a few times and I’m not clear on what exactly you’re asking people. What’s a roundup in this context? What are they voting for and why? I have no idea. If I have no idea, most people reading this probably have no idea.
Well, I asked people which order they want to riff the films in: Japanese theatrical order, or Big Green dub order. My idea of the latter order is the order of the Dutch DBZ DVDs with that dub: start with DBZ movie 3, then 2, 4 up to 9, the two TV specials, then move to the TV-exclusive dubs: DB movies 1 to 3, and finally, the GT special. After weeks of no votes, I was getting close to doing it in Japanese theatrical order (and I already prepared my take on DB movie 1), but then someone asked to do it in Big Green dub order (again, the order of the Dutch DVDs for DBZ). Since it was a couple of weeks since I started, I decided to close the votes and start it off with DBZ movie 3. ​I hope you understand.

Oh, and a roundup is basically people reviewing on all installments of a certain product, like the MLP Roundups you can find on Allspark. There are Roundups for Tales and G3 if you want context. Apologies for any confusion (and delay) this may have caused, as I've tried to explain it as best as I can.
Come out, come out, wherever you are! I see you! Well, it was worth a try.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:44 am

Gilby1385 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:23 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:56 pmI'm fairly certain Speedy's stuff also got distributed over there non officially as well, as it seems bootleg dubs such as these and others like the ones they did of select Sailor Moon episodes and the Doraemon movies (at least i believe they're not legit dubs as their quality or quite apparent lack thereof shows) were widely distributed in that region of Asia back in the mid/late '90s.
Well, I'm pretty sure they're not official, or at least not produced with the authorisation of Toei. Speedy likely produced these dubs because they got fed up of waiting for FUNimation to release their next dub (they dubbed one or two DBZ movies per year back then) and thought that producing their own dubs would be quicker. AB Groupe likely did those dubs for that reason, as FUNimation had yet to dub most of those films at the time (although they may or may not have released their dub of "Lord Slug" before AB's own dub of that film).

But we're really getting off the rails. Should we give this Roundup a second chance and let someone else have their turn, or should we decide there's not much of a point and close it? The latter is not what I wanted, but I thought it would be best considering the recent replies I got regarding my (kinda desparate) riffing on it.
Yeah kind of went on a tangent there, anyway i'm fine with this topic continuing on if you want.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Gilby1385
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gilby1385 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:15 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:44 am
Gilby1385 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:23 amShould we give this Roundup a second chance and let someone else have their turn, or should we decide there's not much of a point and close it? The latter is not what I wanted, but I thought it would be best considering the recent replies I got regarding my (kinda desparate) riffing on it.
Yeah kind of went on a tangent there, anyway i'm fine with this topic continuing on if you want.
Well, thanks anyway. If anyone else would like to participate, please do so whenever you can. After enough people have posted their riffings on "Super Battle in the World", then we can move on to "The Strongest Guy in the World".
Come out, come out, wherever you are! I see you! Well, it was worth a try.