Is there a english translation for people who worked on the 1986 anime?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Is there a english translation for people who worked on the 1986 anime?

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:53 pm

I was watching the anime in Japanese. I was watching another episode and the credits appeared in Japanese to give credit to people who worked on it which said in the opening. But I don't know what's the translation. The FUNimation Version has the creditless OP. Harmony Gold Version has credit to the people who re-dubbed the intro. Someone give me the translation of the credits (NOT THE SONG LYRICS) but the credits for people who worked on it!

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is there a english translation for people who worked on the 1986 anime?

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:11 pm

Unfortunately Funimation’s shitty disregard for the original Japanese version meant we didn’t start seeing the Japanese cast and crew receiving credit for their work until Kai*

If you have any the season sets for DB, Z, and GT only the English cast and crew receive credit even when watching the show in Japanese with subtitles. The Hulu (and I think FunimationNow?) uploads at least used creditless versions which is less annoying.

The Pioneer dubs for the movies (which actually have the decency to credit the Japanese cast and crew before the English crew), Kai, and Super are the only ones that give proper credit.

*They do at least credit the series director, Shunsuke Kikuchi for the background music, and the like four people responsible for the Opening and Ending music but they did that as far back as the edited Saban days

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:12 pm

Brilliant_Gear_258 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:53 pm I was watching the anime in Japanese. I was watching another episode and the credits appeared in Japanese to give credit to people who worked on it which said in the opening. But I don't know what's the translation. The FUNimation Version has the creditless OP. Harmony Gold Version has credit to the people who re-dubbed the intro. Someone give me the translation of the credits (NOT THE SONG LYRICS) but the credits for people who worked on it!
There is! Every episode on the main Kanzenshuu site has full translations of the OP and ED credits at the bottom of the page:

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/episode/db/eps-001/

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:12 pm

I was about to say the same. Thanks KBABZ. One can always rely on Kanzenshuu for info on the Japanese version of the show!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:10 pm

KBABZ wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:12 pm
Brilliant_Gear_258 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:53 pm I was watching the anime in Japanese. I was watching another episode and the credits appeared in Japanese to give credit to people who worked on it which said in the opening. But I don't know what's the translation. The FUNimation Version has the creditless OP. Harmony Gold Version has credit to the people who re-dubbed the intro. Someone give me the translation of the credits (NOT THE SONG LYRICS) but the credits for people who worked on it!
There is! Every episode on the main Kanzenshuu site has full translations of the OP and ED credits at the bottom of the page:

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/episode/db/eps-001/
Thanks for the help!