I hope Goten and Trunks gets to shine in the new chapter

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

I hope Goten and Trunks gets to shine in the new chapter

Post by super michael » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:32 pm

It would be cool if Goten and Trunks gets their turn to shine in the new chapter, since they are the only character who hasn't powered up in anyway. I hope that Goten and Trunks finally are told of the danger and they get to train with someone extremely skillful and powerful.

We had Mr Satan and Chaiotzu of all people fight in the Moro Chapter.

Goten and Trunks kinda reminds me of Gon and Killua from Hunter X Hunter.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: I hope Goten and Trunks gets to shine in the new chapter

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:24 pm

le sigh
I would not advise you to hold your breath for this. Like, it would be nice, but it would be INCREDIBLY unlikely.
I suspect the new chapter will focus on Goku and Vegeta per usual.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:35 am

PurestEvil wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:24 pm le sigh
I would not advise you to hold your breath for this. Like, it would be nice, but it would be INCREDIBLY unlikely.
I suspect the new chapter will focus on Goku and Vegeta per usual.
It looks like Granolah has a grudge against Freeza and the Saiyans, I hope if he goes to earth they won't stop Goten and Trunks from being involved in any battle. There should be no reason to keep them away from battle.

GT was able to handle the revenge theme good with Bebi, which got every surviving Saiyan involved in those episodes. I hope Toyotaro does the same or even better than GT.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:45 am

So far there has been no hint of them being used in this arc, but I would like to see them used during a main battle again. I have a feeling when we do see them again, they will have mastered some new form on their own and shock Goku and Vegeta.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:07 am

They will probably get sent to 17’s island again

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:40 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:45 am So far there has been no hint of them being used in this arc, but I would like to see them used during a main battle again. I have a feeling when we do see them again, they will have mastered some new form on their own and shock Goku and Vegeta.
In DBS nothing was hinted that Mr Satan and Chaiotzu would fight in DBS against powerful alien, I hope that the writers can give Goten and Trunks fans a good surprise. Seeing Yamcha was a huge surprise that wasn't hinted at all.
Kinokima wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:07 am They will probably get sent to 17’s island again
That would be horrible writing if they do that again and it would make it pointless Goten and Trunks getting pissed off at Gohan for keeping the invasion a secret.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:36 am

At this point it feels like we're more likely to see Pan and Bulla fight than them. I'm obviously exaggerating, but that's how unlikely it feels for Goten and Trunks to be involved in anything ever again after what happened in the Moro arc. Oh, a large group of enemies are on Earth? You're going to the island now, and you're conveniently not able to tell that anything's going on, so you're gonna be mad at Gohan at the afterparty and that's it. Thank you and good night. Really? Had it been the Buu arc, Goten and Trunks would've ditched the island and come to see the fight, because that would in their character, but now they just don't because lol lmao. It's such a waste, and when even characters like Yamcha and Chiaotzu get to show up, it's especially egregious. At least in the ToP there was the (kinda flimsy) excuse of only having 10 fighters per team.

The treatment of Goten and Trunks is one of Super's worst writing faults, honestly. Sure they're not all that interested in fighting during EoZ, but is this going to be the reasoning behind that development? That they stop caring because they never get to be part of any of the battles because they keep getting left out and lied to? While all the old, weak and retired characters suddenly come back and get to join the action? It's so awful. Give this constant "in with the old, out with the new" nostalgia-bait crap a rest already. (Uub's involvement with the climax of the Moro arc does give me some hope for the future, at least, but not all that much.)
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link