Can Cell and Cell Jrs do Namekian Fusion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

Can Cell and Cell Jrs do Namekian Fusion

Post by super michael » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:05 pm

We know Cell and Cell Jrs has Namekian DNA in them, which is why they are able to regenerate. But I wonder can they do Namekian Fusion?
Would they be able to do Namekian Fusion with each other and even do Namekian Fusion with Namekians?

I wonder if Cell and Cell Jrs can learn some Dragon Clan Namekian techniques and special abilities like making Dragon Balls and healing.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Re: Can Cell and Cell Jrs do Namekian Fusion

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:11 pm

I think it depends on whether they count as other Cells or if they're closer to whatever Piccolo's children were. Namekian fusion was never explained (afaik) but I figure there has to be somekind of provision that would have prevented Tambourine from fusing with Cymbal.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:26 pm

Cell has several namekian abilities, having kids on the spot and regen, so yeah, he may be able to do it. Scary to think how strong he'd get if he fuses with all 7 of them.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:20 pm

I always seen the namekian fusion more of a "fusion dance" sort of technique than "potara earring". As in, both parties need to agree that's what they doing, rather than it just happening.

Then there's the fact that Cell, and maybe the Jrs, already have a "fusion" so to speak in the form of just obsorbing the other entity, and if that actually provides a larger boost.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:10 pm

Given the way Namekian fusion seems to work, I always figured that it was more of a spiritual soul deal unique to Namekians and thus something you can't just "clone and learn".