What popular, dumb fanfiction concepts are you surprised haven't yet been used in the Heroes sub-franchise?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: What popular, dumb fanfiction concepts are you surprised haven't yet been used in the Heroes sub-franchise?

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:30 pm

Where's my Vegeta's mom :? ? We have Goku's in official media, where's the one from his rival?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: What popular, dumb fanfiction concepts are you surprised haven't yet been used in the Heroes sub-franchise?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:32 pm

This. There is plenty of people who'd like to see those two fuse and fight against fusion of real Goku and Vegeta. Maybe even against fusion of SSJ4 and SSJ Blue to make it even more hyped. There is already a cool fanmade fight of Baby Vegetto Black and Broly SSJ4 on youtube.

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:24 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:13 pm
Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:04 pmThere are some dumb fanfic concepts Heroes hasn't gotten around to using that are so baffling in their exclusion that it makes me wonder if Heroes might actually have some bare, fleeting artistic merit.
Go home Yuli, you're drunk. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:00 pm

Well, what kind of fanfiction are we talking about? I'm definitely not surprised we haven't seen Dragon Ball Mpreg Edition, but if you're just talking about the uninspired trite it has currently and variants thereof:

1. Ultra Instinct + anything else. People talk about stacking Super Saiyan on top of UI, which I feel is another chip in the narrative armor of it being a state of acute hyper-awareness achieved through mental conditioning not locked to any single species, so they might as well go whole hog in ruining it.

2. Also, just giving it to any saiyan they can sell toys of, the same way they did with Super Saiyan.

3. Super Saiyan X, where X is any number higher than 4. Frankly they might as well just turn transformations and characters into actual Pokemon cards at this point, since that's how much meaning they have now.

4. Actually putting Heroes on TV. Even though I don't want Dragon Ball to be obliterated in the face of lifeless trash, it would make them money. The fact that Super managed to be made instead of a Heroes anime shows Dragon Ball's charm is not long for this world. They're gonna do to Toriyama what Nickelodeon did to Stephen Hillenburg, I'm sure.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:51 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:00 pm
3. Super Saiyan X, where X is any number higher than 4. Frankly they might as well just turn transformations and characters into actual Pokemon cards at this point, since that's how much meaning they have now.
Well, Dragon Ball Heroes already is a card game, so that's probably why it seems that way. :D That's pretty much why every character (except Zoidberg Pan) gets Super Saiyan 1-4 and every episode of the anime (concurrent to every mission of the arcade game) MUST have a new transformation. I'm curious about why they seem more keen on making slight variations of transformations we already have rather than coming up with new ones wholehog, resulting in the likes of "Super Full Power Saiyan 4 Limit Breaker".

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:43 pm

We still haven't seen Baby take over the body of Freeza, Cell, or even Buu. Baby Janemba was already cool as hell for being random and creative. Heck, we still haven't gotten Majin Baby Vegeta or Baby Majin Vegeta.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:57 pm

Things I'd want to see that haven't appeared yet:

Baby Vegito Black
Cell getting more DNA/a new form
Saiyan characters that do not have any/some of the SSJ forms getting them
Frieza getting a form similar to Cooler's final form instead of painting himself gold
Moro Saga content, like a fusion between 7-3 and Perfect Cell

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:12 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:43 pm We still haven't seen Baby take over the body of Freeza, Cell, or even Buu. Baby Janemba was already cool as hell for being random and creative. Heck, we still haven't gotten Majin Baby Vegeta or Baby Majin Vegeta.
Baby tried to infect Buu in GT but it didn't work.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:58 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:51 pm
Well, Dragon Ball Heroes already is a card game, so that's probably why it seems that way. :D That's pretty much why every character (except Zoidberg Pan) gets Super Saiyan 1-4 and every episode of the anime (concurrent to every mission of the arcade game) MUST have a new transformation. I'm curious about why they seem more keen on making slight variations of transformations we already have rather than coming up with new ones wholehog, resulting in the likes of "Super Full Power Saiyan 4 Limit Breaker".
No I get that, I'm just saying it's weird to me that DB's "extended universe" of alternate timeline crap (Heroes, Online, XV) pretends to have a story with meaning sometimes, so if they literally just reduced every recognizable character or power to a flat piece of cardboard, I would respect it more simply for being honest.

I suppose one thing I haven't seen anyone say is just straight-up making actual fanfictions canon, like Multiverse. I already dislike that comic, they could throw it in with another thing I dislike and make the misguided DB product to end all misguided DB products.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:25 am

Shaddy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:58 am
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:51 pm
No I get that, I'm just saying it's weird to me that DB's "extended universe" of alternate timeline crap (Heroes, Online, XV) pretends to have a story with meaning sometimes, so if they literally just reduced every recognizable character or power to a flat piece of cardboard, I would respect it more simply for being honest.

I suppose one thing I haven't seen anyone say is just straight-up making actual fanfictions canon, like Multiverse. I already dislike that comic, they could throw it in with another thing I dislike and make the misguided DB product to end all misguided DB products.
Oh no worries, thanks for clearing that up, I agree. I remember that one disconnected episode of the promo anime that gave a glamorised depiction of the PvP gameplay -- no haphazard Demon Realm storyline, no faff, no BS -- and I respect that episode for just being upfront and honest about what the game is really about: your Saiyan (or whichever species) OCs have 7 vs. 7 matches between Dragon Ball characters, go nuts. Chuck Gogeta against Vegetto, Broly against Super Saiyan God Trunks, Yamcha against the Grand Priest. Just pure "kids playing with action figures" madness. Even though the anime is made for Japanese audiences who are presumably already familiar with the arcade game, it usually doesn't do a great job at explaining what the game is actually like.

I don't think it's likely Multiverse will ever get any kind of official acknowledgement but if it does, that'll be a dire day indeed.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:51 am

To expand on that earlier point about the anime not always being a good representation of the game because it's not letting me edit for some reason, I will say that the game can be very funny and charming at times, more so than the storyline-focused tie-in media ever convey. Check out some of the combination meteor attacks for example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJXs9ASttlc Just ignore the massive framerate drops. :)

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:52 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:25 amI don't think it's likely Multiverse will ever get any kind of official acknowledgement but if it does, that'll be a dire day indeed.
I don't think you'd have to worry about that. Shuiesha has hired a few Doujinshi artists but never formally acknowledged their previous work so it's unlikely they would acknowledge a foreign fan comic. It's technically illegal so that's probably why Toyotaro never talked about his AF doujinshi in any interview and uses a different name.

I don't mind the existence of Heroes it's basically an alternate universe and only meant for the specific audience of Japanese fans of the arcade game. It could be better but it's harmless overall. I can't really fault them if I'm going out of my way to read an unofficial translation since I recall the videos are region locked. I would be more bothered by it if it became like other video game/toy-based anime and continues for hundreds of full-length episodes but a short promotional anime is easy to ignore.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:48 am

Shaddy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:00 pm Well, what kind of fanfiction are we talking about? I'm definitely not surprised we haven't seen Dragon Ball Mpreg Edition
Do King Piccolo and Cell count?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:49 pm

We still never seen Super Buu absorbing Broly or Super Yi Xing Long.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:36 pm

I'd love them dare make real transformation for Namekian :mrgreen:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:44 pm

Lord, this thread just makes me want to see these ideas play out in SDBH even more. 😆

Damn, I wish this was a weekly half-hour series. 😭
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter