What popular, dumb fanfiction concepts are you surprised haven't yet been used in the Heroes sub-franchise?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

What popular, dumb fanfiction concepts are you surprised haven't yet been used in the Heroes sub-franchise?

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:10 pm

I'm surprised we haven't seen certain Fusions, namely 'Gokhan' (Goku and Gohan). That one nearly happened in the manga and show, if Gohan hadn't been a butterfingers. Considering that it's unlikely to ever happen in the main Super storylines at this point, I'm surprised they haven't taken the initiative themselves considering how popular Fusions are. Also, no Super Saiyan forms for Pan and Tullece. That feels like a huge misstep considering that both of these characters are semi-relevant to current storylines.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: What popular, dumb fanfiction concepts are you surprised haven't yet been used in the Heroes sub-franchise?

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:29 pm

Super Saiyan 5 and above because the AF craze made it so iconic.
Last edited by Dragon Ball Ireland on Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Re: What popular, dumb fanfiction concepts are you surprised haven't yet been used in the Heroes sub-franchise?

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:32 pm

There's actually still some dumb fanfic concepts that Heroes HASN'T gotten around to using yet? I'm genuinely shocked.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:39 pm

I’m more annoyed that Heroes used an actually decent concept for a villain in Hearts, and completely wasted it by virtue of being schlock that only exists to promote an arcade game. The idea of a villain who is opposed to the Gods for being a bunch of destructive tyrants is actually an interesting concept for a villain, but because of Heroes, we’re probably never going to see it be handled in any meaningful capacity in the series proper.

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:48 pm

Whatever it is I hope it gets more 'dumb'. This series is great because it doesn't take itself seriously and it's pure fanservice.
We the ones

slifer875

Post by slifer875 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:45 pm

Correct if i am wrong but android 21 hasn't appear in a DB heroes episode yet right? despite how popular and beloved she became over night, she is the most succesful video game original character in the franchise and one of the strongest female characters, she is pure fanservice and she hans't appear in a fan service centric anime? weird.

Why we haven't seen zamasu and baby meeting in DB heroes? even a fan made a pixel animation about it.

Why not a few hit centric episodes where he is hired to kill some of the prisoners that have escaped, it could be use as an excuse to bring back movie and GT minions while hit chase them.

The dump fanfiction thing would be goku meeting his father/mother in DB heroes.....

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:09 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:32 pm There's actually still some dumb fanfic concepts that Heroes HASN'T gotten around to using yet? I'm genuinely shocked.
So, so many. Not because Heroes hasn't been doing a lot of crazy nonsense, but because the world of Dragon Ball fan fiction is enormous.
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:29 pm Super Saiyan 5 and above because the AF craze made it so iconic.
Super Saiyan 5 was my first thought as well. In fact, the only AF thing I can think of that's in Heroes is Super Saiyan 4 Gohan, which is a bit surprising considering AF's "status".
There's plenty of fusions and character teamups that appear in fan fiction but don't appear in Heroes. "Baby Vegito Black", for example. Or a Goku-Gohan potara fusion, the one that failed to happen in the Buu arc. Or maybe Turles and Goku Black meeting up, perhaps with Ginyu-Goku added in as well... the list could go on and on.
There's also tons of forms that could be distributed to characters that don't have them. Piccolo gaining the Namekian powerup from DB Online, Turles going Super Saiyan, Frieza copying Cooler's form, Super Buu with alternate absorptions, more characters getting Super Saiyan 4... Even something as outlandish as Pan getting Super Saiyan 1 could technically happen, but it hasn't. how does she STILL not have anything lmao
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:08 pm

Super Saiyan Krillin. I'm sure they could find a way to make it happen. :crazy:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:54 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:10 pm I'm surprised we haven't seen certain Fusions, namely 'Gokhan' (Goku and Gohan).
The DS game Fusions has a kid Goku and Gohan fusion named Kuhan. That game has a lot of crazy fusions! It's not the adult what-if Potara fusion seen in fanfiction but it might be the only official fusion they'll get. We might one day see something close to the AF SSJ5 if SSJ4 Xeno Goku learned UI.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:51 pm

Hero Raditz
Gohan if raised by the Saiyans (*coughs*)
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:12 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:29 pm Super Saiyan 5 and above because the AF craze made it so iconic.
If they do add a SSj5, it won't be the silver form that many people love. Bandai would have to pay Tablos for the rights of it and official companies very rarely buy fan ideas.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:21 am

Not surprised that fanfic stuff (like Super Saiyan 5) and other nonsense hasn't debuted in Heroes yet, because that's not the kind of stuff the game does. Actually, I'm surprised Dragon Ball Super hasn't dealt with those, yet. Since it's more likely those things to appear there.

Realistically speaking, Super Saiyan Pan and Super Saiyan 2 Goten are some examples I kind of miss.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:03 pm

I don't think Heroes would ever do Super Saiyan 5 for the reasons mentioned, plus Bandai generally don't seem interested in making up new forms in favour of recycling older ones. But Bandai are oddly selective about who gets the pre-existing forms. Like, Bardock, Gohan, Trunks etc. get every transformation under the Sun but Pan gets nothing? Nappa skips straight to Super Saiyan 3 for some reason?

I don't really want this to turn into another thread debating over which series has the most fanservicey nonsense, but I think it's inarguable that DBH has quite a glut of it no matter which way you slice it. What's really the thematic point of having Bardock go Super Saiyan 4? There is none, the developers just made it up because it's cool and sells cards.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:18 pm

Yeah, but to keep "complaining", bringing up that a game does fanservice is beyond idiotic and pointless. Games exist to entertain/satisfy whoever wants to be entertained/satisfied.

What's really "dumb fanfiction" about Bardock getting Super Saiyan 4? Any official rule/statement saying he can't achieve it? There isn't any, so just try to enjoy it or ignore it. You aren't being obliged to waste any money anyway.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:46 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:18 pm Yeah, but to keep "complaining", bringing up that a game does fanservice is beyond idiotic and pointless. Games exist to entertain/satisfy whoever wants to be entertained/satisfied.

What's really "dumb fanfiction" about Bardock getting Super Saiyan 4? Any official rule/statement saying he can't achieve it? There isn't any, so just try to enjoy it or ignore it. You aren't being obliged to waste any money anyway.
Well, this thread's actually trying to be somewhat positive about Heroes, I'm fielding the silly ideas I'd perhaps like to see that haven't already been done, seeing as Heroes is here to stay whether we like it or not. But that's apparently still not good enough.

Nevertheless, Bardock getting Super Saiyan 4 is dumb fanfiction in my eyes because there's zero purpose behind it other than "it's cool and kids will buy it". For Goku, gaining SS4 at least served a narrative purpose as the culmination of an arc's worth of hard work (and getting his tail plied out of his ass by the Kaioshin). It wasn't absolutely breathtaking, but it was something. Meanwhile, Bardock just gets it because reasons. That's what I mean. But it's for Heroes, which I agree should be allowed to use these ideas for gameplay and entertainment, which is all its trying to be.

Even so, it shouldn't be completely exempt from criticism.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:04 pm

I have not followed Super at all, but things that I figured it ought to do to be as fanficcy as possible:

- Super Saiyan 5.

It can get around this by having Xeno Goku go Super Saiyan 4 + Ultra Instinct

- Golden Super Saiyan 4

Gogeta ALMOST did this. For whatever stupid reason, Super Saiyan 4 Kaioken gave him orange-golden hair, but didn't change his fur hair.

- Fusion-Fusion.

This I have no idea if they've done, but a fusion of fusions would be fun and dumb to see. Like Tenshinhan and Yamcha fusing with Krillin. Or maybe double it up with Gogeta fusing with Vegetto.

- Spirit Kamehameha

We've had the Spirit Saiyan in DBZ movie 7 and Trunks' Spirit Sword, so why not have Son Goku form a Genki Dama and channel it into a Kamehameha? It's the one attack I've been waiting years to see.

- Oozaru vs Giant Namekian

This one would be unironically cool to see, even in canon. But we never get Oozarus or Giant Namekians and it's possible Toriyama may have forgotten they're even things that characters can do (the Giant Namekian at least hasn't been referenced in quite some time). DB never does kaiju battles well but that's largely because it's a kung fu story at heart and the type of kaijus it does do devolve into Micro-David vs. Turbo-Goliath (whereas its specialty tends to be in David vs. David's dwarf brother who's ten times stronger than Goliath). Having both monsters fight each other would basically be a super-sized fight but with more boyish spectacle. Nothing wrong there.

- Super Saiyan Bargain Bin Sale

Still no Super Saiyan Pan, still no Super Saiyan 2 Goten or Trunks. In canon if there's no reason for them to do this, fine, but in HEROES? The most shameless fanfiction-brought-to-life we'll ever see until the day AI can generate any media upon prompt? How on God's degenerate Earth have they missed this STILL?
Kunzait_83 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:32 pm There's actually still some dumb fanfic concepts that Heroes HASN'T gotten around to using yet? I'm genuinely shocked.
There are some dumb fanfic concepts Heroes hasn't gotten around to using that are so baffling in their exclusion that it makes me wonder if Heroes might actually have some bare, fleeting artistic merit. I mean things that fans internationally have been pining for in fanfiction and fancomics for DECADES, infinitely more than anything silly like Mecha-Zamasu or Golden Cooler that it still hasn't even ATTEMPTED in over a decade. Like the aforementioned Super Saiyan Pan.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:04 pm - Fusion-Fusion.

This I have no idea if they've done, but a fusion of fusions would be fun and dumb to see. Like Tenshinhan and Yamcha fusing with Krillin. Or maybe double it up with Gogeta fusing with Vegetto.

- Oozaru vs Giant Namekian

This one would be unironically cool to see, even in canon. But we never get Oozarus or Giant Namekians and it's possible Toriyama may have forgotten they're even things that characters can do (the Giant Namekian at least hasn't been referenced in quite some time). DB never does kaiju battles well but that's largely because it's a kung fu story at heart and the type of kaijus it does do devolve into Micro-David vs. Turbo-Goliath (whereas its specialty tends to be in David vs. David's dwarf brother who's ten times stronger than Goliath). Having both monsters fight each other would basically be a super-sized fight but with more boyish spectacle. Nothing wrong there.
I too am shocked a Vegetto/Gogeta fusion hasn't happened yet. I saw some convincing fanart of it which piqued my interest for a second, but alas, it's not yet to be. It's all the more surprising because Gogeta and Vegetto (or, indeed, two alternate versions of either) are always being paired up in promotional material.

There was that Ultra Fusion thing from the 3DS Fusions game where five characters could simultaneously fuse, but it produced... an abomination...

I'm fairly sure you can have kaiju battles in Heroes at least. Though I don't think Giant Namekians are included. :(

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:42 pm

This thread is making me feel mixed emotions. On one hand, it's making me glad I've never seen Super Dragon Ball Heroes and making me wish it didn't exist. On the other hand, it's making me glad there's a branch of DB I care so little about that can absorb all these terrible fanfiction ideas so they can stay out of... um, well, something I guess. The DB Super manga? In an effort to not sound too poo-poohing, I guess I'm glad there are people who appreciate it, but, sadly, X character gets X transformation, or X character gets to fight Y character is so foreign to why I enjoy any piece of media that I just can't comprehend. I wish I could, but I can't.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:47 pm

Most of the Dragon Ball AF fan fiction ideas already have come to life since 2009:

Evil Goku
The return of Future Trunks
SSj4 forms for Gohan, Vegito, and Broly
Silver hair form for Goku
Bardock going SSj
Nappa and Raditz having SSj forms
Mira's final form in XV2 is a homage to SSj5 form Tablos
Vegeta and Trunks fusing
Adult Gotenks
Zamasu is a evil kai similar to West Kaioshin in many AF fan fictions

The only thing that is missing is SSj Pan.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:13 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:04 pmThere are some dumb fanfic concepts Heroes hasn't gotten around to using that are so baffling in their exclusion that it makes me wonder if Heroes might actually have some bare, fleeting artistic merit.
Go home Yuli, you're drunk. :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.