Does your dub keep the Kid Version's of the Son Family consitent

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Does your dub keep the Kid Version's of the Son Family consitent

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:03 am

I know its not really necesary but the Latin American version does. Every Son Family Kid Voice is Laura Torres sans the few times she was replaced due to pay disputes.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Re: Does your dub keep the Kid Version's of the Son Family consitent

Post by jamiljamtheman » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:19 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:03 am I know its not really necesary but the Latin American version does. Every Son Family Kid Voice is Laura Torres sans the few times she was replaced due to pay disputes.
In Funimation I don’t think they do. Kid Goku, GT kid Goku, and kid Gohan are all the same actress. But kid Goten is not

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:08 am

As far as Funimation produced dubs go it seems Goku and Gohan will always share a voice actress as kids. First Saffron Henderson, then Stephanie Nadolny, and now Colleen Clinkenbeard but Goten will have a different voice actress. But I imagine a big reason Goten had his own voice actress is because the Buu saga and original Dragon Ball were being dubbed concurrently.

mh2207

Post by mh2207 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:41 pm

The German one doesn't. Even Goku in Dragonball and Goku in DragonBall Gt have different voice actors.