Dragonball Z Boo Saga vs Kai Final Chapters Dub help which one to watch

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Dragonball Z Boo Saga vs Kai Final Chapters Dub help which one to watch

Post by Nosferatu93 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:20 am

I just watched Kai, and thought it was great. Music not perfect but kikuchi is dbz for me. (Ssj2 Transformation was a mess...).but Dialogue and picture quality on my oled tv superb.

But now i found out the Boo saga is 16:9 .....green tint and awful music.

So i need help how is the z dub on the dragon boxes vs the kai final chapters? Because i really think Saiyan,freeza,cell = kai, but undecided for boo saga. Could only find some youtube ones but not enough to form an opinion

Kai never seen so far. Hope u can help me and sorry for the bad english I'm just a german guy who moved to english dragonball because our releases are cut and just shit. 😂 so i bought the english dragon boxes and kai. But the dialogue is much worse(dragon box)than in even german which is faithfull most of the time but still far from perfect.

Also why is boo kai so messed up. Incredible not even english folk have a perfect release, at this rate dbz will outlive me with a perfect release.

Thanks
Hellsing

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragonball Z Boo Saga vs Kai Final Chapters Dub help which one to watch

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:54 am

If Kikuchi is the main thing for you just watch the Z dub as that has the Kikuchi music and Kai:TFC has Sumitomo a.k.a the composer for Super.

Translation wise Kai The Final Chapters dub isn’t much better than Z Boo (which was probably the best dubbed arc of Z) and the voice acting isn’t much better in Final Chapters either.

And finally the episode count isn’t much shorter in Final Chapters 69 for Final Chapters. 92 for Z Buu. (97 if you count The Otherworld tournament arc which never felt like part of Boo to me anyways)

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:04 pm

Nice thank you just as i thought then its dragon box for Boo Saga.

Another question how is this movie set with all movies? Its extremely cheap for what it contains here. How is the quality?

https://www.amazon.de/Dragon-Ball-Movie ... 216&sr=8-5
Hellsing

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:10 pm

The movies & TV specials dubs are hit or miss. Here’s my opinion.

Dead Zone & World’s Strongest: Dumbs down the Pioneer dub script, but is mostly similar. If you don’t mind the Ocean cast I highly recommend the Pioneer dub.
Tree of Might: Takes the already bad Saban script and makes it worse. Watch the Pioneer dub instead.
Lord Slug: Terrible, but that’s also the movie itself.
Cooler’s Revenge: Unpopular opinion, but I like this dub. Cooler’s voice is excellent and yeah the script is not faithful at all it’s still fun.
Return of Cooler: Decent
Super Android 13: And we’re back to crap scripts again.
Broly 1: The best of the movie dubs. This one is almost Kai level in quality.
Bojack Unbound: Average
Broly 2/3: Meh, but of course Bio-Broly is the worst DBZ movie, so a meh dub really does it no favors.
Fusion Reborn/Wrath of the Dragon: I like these , but I know others don’t
TV Specials: Avoid the dubs at all cost. They reek of early FUNi awfulness. You’re better off watching these subbed.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:36 pm

Damn. But thanks a lot! How is the pq of the movies on bluray? :think:
Hellsing

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:09 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:10 pm Tree of Might: Takes the already bad Saban script and makes it worse. Watch the Pioneer dub instead.
Script wise was it worse? Voice acting sure, but I can’t recall the script doing anything worse. The fact that an Ultimate Uncut version would base itself off a censored for network syndication version is pretty embarrassing though.
Lord Slug: Terrible, but that’s also the movie itself.
I actually watched the dub with the subtitles on not too long ago. The first half wasn’t terribly bad as far as translation goes for 2000 era Funimation but then in the second half the writer just stopped giving a shit. I seem to remember Kaio’s explanation for Lord Slug being nothing like theJapanese version.
TV Specials: Avoid the dubs at all cost. They reek of early FUNi awfulness. You’re better off watching these subbed.
Bardock’s special rightfully gets ripped into how bad it is, but the Trunks special isn’t much better. Like all the other instances of Funimation using “real bands” the editor couldn’t properly place and mix songs in the special to save his life. Half the time it sounds like the songs aren’t even suppose to be there and someone just left their music playing during the recording session. With the exception of Interlude by Slaughter being used for Trunks finding Gohan’s corpse. Maybe the ONLY time Funimation’s music replacement actually made a scene effective

Oh and did you notice 17 and 18 have hair colors that correspond with a Saiyan’s hair color and a Super Saiyan hair color, respectively? Chris Neel sure did so we get TWO jokes about it. On top of all the comments alluding to 17 and 18 being full robot which uhhh well that definitely didn’t bite them in the ass or anything. It’s not like 18 would have a biological child with Krillin in the next arc or anything

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:08 pm

I would never watch without the original music. Also 18 and 17 are cyborgs they are called that. C17 c18 i mean yea. 16 is a robot tho . 🤡
Hellsing

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:05 am

Nosferatu93 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:08 pm I would never watch without the original music. Also 18 and 17 are cyborgs they are called that. C17 c18 i mean yea. 16 is a robot tho . 🤡
They’re called Jinzoningen (Artificial Human) which doesn’t really mean cyborg.

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:31 am

I know. But they are literally. Androids is a wrong term too😅. I mean what do you think a cyborg is. Not called cyborgs in a lot of dubs for no reason
Hellsing