Who else likes Chi-Chi more than Bulma?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Who else likes Chi-Chi more than Bulma?

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 08, 2021 11:06 am

So, fun little fact: I recently learned that my niece is into anime. Like...big time weeb. Her parents don't rrally support that but she has been watching Fruits Basket 2019 and reading The Promised Neverland and also wants to learn Japanese. She also uses a VPN to watch Japanese Netflix! Like, Christ girl. Anyway, that's put me into this weird position as the Resident Anime Expert. I'm not close to my nieces since they are forbidden from knowing that I'm a girl and pre-hatching I hated kids. Anyway, the point I'm making is...I can't really suggest anything to her to watch from my collection despite mostly owning shounen. Ironic, isn't it? I think the only comic I have on hand that I feel is safe enough is The Prince of Tennis. With some of the shit we see in Dragon Ball I just wouldn't feel good about letting an eleven year old read or watch.

Which, of course, is ironic since I was watching uncut Dragon Ball back when I was nine years old myself. :lol:
PurestEvil wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:45 am
UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:31 pm
PurestEvil wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:08 amironic
Is it? Because I haven't done anything ever since my ordeal. Listened to what people had thoughts on I've even attempted to alter my own username for the past several months to no avail from the moderation team.

I'm aware you might be friends with this particular user but you shouldn't defend what they are saying by focusing on something I've done in this particular topic. It makes you come across as petty, which I have no interest in.
I was not attacking you, sorry. The irony I was pointing out was how Julie said she wanted to see chi chi in a skimpy suit when Chi chi actually did wear one before.

I hold no position in this argument.

EDIT: seems like MasenkoHa already pointed that out, they were correct
To quote Yamcha after he knocked out Chi-Chi (who was wearing that yikes outfit): "Ore wa rorikon ja nai..."
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sun May 09, 2021 3:23 am

JulieYBM wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:10 am
Android 50 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:55 am
Nosferatu93 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:40 am

That makes it even worse seek help weirdo. Disgusting
LMAO you sure showed them huh?

anyways chichi isn't as susceptible to becoming a total thot like bulma is so chichi wins for me.
Actually, Chi-Chi dressing slutty would only be more feminist and more awesome because it might seem so unexpected of her. 💜💜💜
No it wouldn’t, it’s a show written mostly by men. Just because a women dresses in a slutty way in a anime doesn’t mean it’s feminism. There’s more nuance to this.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sun May 09, 2021 3:28 am

UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:06 am
JulieYBM wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:10 amActually, Chi-Chi dressing slutty would only be more feminist and more awesome because it might seem so unexpected of her. 💜💜💜
No. What the heck? How in the world is depicting a woman a slut in a cartoon about warriors and macho men feminism? How is objectifying a minority in a series that spams that constantly any form of improvement compared to the male characters?

How is it even unexpected? Media in general makes women appear as sex objects constantly or narratively which you are saying here would empower her when it's already spammed by meathead men who can't think for anything outside from their dongs.

Your post offends me as does several of yours. It feels like you in particular keep oversexualizing things in this pseudo form of feminism that means, in all areas, in all contexts, in all arenas be as horny as sexual as possible not reading the room not being respectful.

Really this is vulgar. This is not sex positivity. I hope you will learn the difference.
Maybe this is just me but Goku doesn’t come across as macho. All the men in the series are mostly bent on fighting, but it’s not the same kind of macho-ness you see from assholes in our world. I can’t put my finger on it.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sun May 09, 2021 4:01 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:06 am Stuff
Julie, we have a lot in common, both probably leftists, although you have some optics to work on, both love Dragon Ball, etc. If you are willing to sit and listen to me for a bit and hear me out (in your own time, not when you’re with your partner, that’s time between you and her, so I suggest not going on forums when you’re with her), I’d really appreciate it.

People from what I can see are criticising you because in many threads, political topics are brought up, which look like are initiated by you. When you get political, you tend to completely jump into it all at once which leads the average DB fan’s brain to explode, which you can’t blame them because they are not as into the whole politics thing such as you or me. Now bringing up politics is fine, but you actively on almost every thread leave yourself wide open for a barrage of shitting on. I don’t know how far you have ventured off this site, I’ve seen your name mentioned almost several times on platforms that are more so underground from this fandom, you could call it the place we got our infamous broadcast audio.

Now don’t get me wrong, I agree with you, the Dragon Ball fandom is shit, misogynistic, full of fucking creeps, and toxic and honestly I hate it. (I blame the English fandom, I don’t see this happening at all in the Japanese community. Turns out making Son Goku a cocky **** brings certain people into the series, ain’t that right peeps from my previous posts?), but that’s besides the point, I think if you toned it down a bit there’d be a lot less people getting irritated with you. I must admit at times I cringe and some of your posts, which is why I suggested improving on optics. I understand it’s hard being a woman online, you’re going to need to trust my lived experience here, but you need to understand when you’re constantly pointing out that you’re trans AND your a woman? You’re going to start attracting people who want to climb into you, and people who are asking “why is she saying this?”. Being a woman shouldn’t, and to be quite frank doesn’t, mean much. Your opinions are just as valid as the next person, and this being one of the most progressive Dragon Ball forums, you can bet most people here will accept and listen to you, like they have. But when you bait people and try and try to push political agendas constantly, you begin to start looking like you’re deliberately trying to start a flame war. Now with that said, there’s no problem being political, however you aren’t doing it right. If you want you can dm me and we can talk more.

Commenting the sexual stuff on the Vic topic doesn’t seem like something you should defend and is quite inappropriate considering the situation with that guy and countless women, so I assume you’d concede to that. Overall Julie, you need to be able to engage in discourse without constantly bringing up and initiating IDPOL.

Now with all the criticisms said, there’s definitely a problem within the community that can only be addressed through a big content creator, or moderators on forums speaking out and putting rules in place to stop this behaviour. The western world is especially toxic when it comes to the fandom unfortunately, but it’s good we have Kanzenshuu because the other places, and even the fans responsible for the audio being leaked, are extremely harsh places even for DB fandom standards.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sun May 09, 2021 7:33 am

I would just like to say that I also prefer Chi Chi's traditional Asian attire. I am biased, though, traditional dress always appeal to me more than modern fashion.
Bulma does have some nice outfits as an adult, too, though.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon May 10, 2021 1:17 pm

I miss Shou Mayumi's portrayal of Chi-Chi. There was such a lightness and fun to her performance that I feel is missing from Watanabe's Chi-Chi. Furthermore, I felt like the intensity and sharpness of her acting stuck out more. Watanabe's dramatic yelling didn't quite have that rhythmic flow or speed to it that Shou had. It definitely makes me wonder how Chi-Chi will be portrayed in the future when the time comes to have a third actress voice the character in future productions. Will they do something like Shou or will they follow Watanabe? Maybe do something new entirely?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Mon May 10, 2021 4:12 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:05 pm I'd much rather be both of them so that I can fuck their husbands. 😤
I never related more to a comment on this site then I do right now.

Vegeta (especially in his RoF outfit) <3

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:22 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:17 pm I miss Shou Mayumi's portrayal of Chi-Chi. There was such a lightness and fun to her performance that I feel is missing from Watanabe's Chi-Chi. Furthermore, I felt like the intensity and sharpness of her acting stuck out more. Watanabe's dramatic yelling didn't quite have that rhythmic flow or speed to it that Shou had. It definitely makes me wonder how Chi-Chi will be portrayed in the future when the time comes to have a third actress voice the character in future productions. Will they do something like Shou or will they follow Watanabe? Maybe do something new entirely?
Definitely, i much prefer Sho's more youthful cuter take for Chi Chi in DB and early DBZ over Naoko Watanabe's harsher strict sounding performance. If they eventually replace Watanabe as Chi Chi at some point it would be nice if they get a seiyuu that is more in the vein of Sho's voice.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon May 10, 2021 4:27 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:12 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:05 pm I'd much rather be both of them so that I can fuck their husbands. 😤
I never related more to a comment on this site then I do right now.

Vegeta (especially in his RoF outfit) <3
Lawd, I miss that outfit. 😭 I hope we get to see Vegeta in a variety of outfits from here on out. I'm tired of the blue!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue May 11, 2021 6:50 am

I like both

Do we really need to compare them?

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Wed May 12, 2021 5:48 am

Kinokima wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:50 am I like both

This is a discussion board, why wouldn’t we be able to compare them? It’s like saying “dub vs jap, arc vs arc, who cares both are good”, there wouldn’t be a discussion board if people thought like this.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Wed May 12, 2021 5:51 am

Honest it would be cool if Chi Chi gets erased from DBS Anime completely. She is the worst anime character of all times.

As for Bulma while not perfect she is a great character.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed May 12, 2021 4:04 pm

Aim wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:48 am
Kinokima wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:50 am I like both

This is a discussion board, why wouldn’t we be able to compare them? It’s like saying “dub vs jap, arc vs arc, who cares both are good”, there wouldn’t be a discussion board if people thought like this.

Because pitting them against each other only leads to character bashing which I see all the time from this fandom. Everyone can have their preferences of course but I don’t really see the need to say why ChiChi is better than Bulma
and Vice Versa

A more interesting discussion that doesn’t pit two characters against each other would be who is your favorite female character.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 13, 2021 12:32 am

Personally, I would like to see Chi-Chi be cool and beat up strong foes while Blooma is cool and out smarts smart foes. Let's play to their strengths to make interesting stories!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Thu May 13, 2021 2:02 am

Sounds good to me.
We the ones

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu May 13, 2021 6:13 am

That would be badass
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu May 13, 2021 9:35 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:32 am Personally, I would like to see Chi-Chi be cool and beat up strong foes while Blooma is cool and out smarts smart foes. Let's play to their strengths to make interesting stories!
Nice idea but here my little suggestion, why not have Bulma build gadget which will help her and her team mate? Think of
It contains Static Shock spoiler
None the less your idea is great. Although now it is too late, Chi Chi is way too weak she can't even beat King Piccolo who is now ultra low tier. Getting Chi Chi from King Piccolo power to God Tier will seem really bad, unless they make something really creative how she got to that level of power.

I am against character making ultra huge gains from nothing. That is why Krillin gym training, Mr Buu with Mr Satan, Freeza beating Tagoma for four 4 month, Master Roshi secret training, etc, are badly written.

I do hope that both Pan and Bra become great characters, unlike their GT version.
Pan and Bra should be super strong, since they are hybrid Saiyans. Pan father has SS2/Ultimate while Vegeta got SS2/SSG/SSB.
Pan father is a smart, while Bra mother is a genius. So they both should be smart and strong.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri May 14, 2021 12:20 pm

They basically killed her character with these 2 scenes

it doesn't matter if it's DBS or Z it's the same character and she's always been like that
Her character has no development and is only characterized by some traits ...
bulma and 18 are better

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Fri May 14, 2021 1:18 pm

Chapter 245 I took of the link since it didn't work, I took photo but I can't see option to upload it.
Chi Chi gives in and allow Gohan to go to Namek, despite being a peaceful planet. You don't see this in DBS Anime.

Chapter 336
Chi Chi gives in and allow Gohan to train with Goku and Piccolo. You don't see this in DBS Anime.

Chapter 366
Chi Chi even says there is no point trying to stop Goku and lets Goku train with Gohan in the ROSAT. You don't see this in DBS Anime.

http://mangareader.cc/chapter/dragon-ba ... ter-427#12
http://mangareader.cc/chapter/dragon-ba ... ter-427#13
Chi Chi gave no trouble on Gohan going to the tournament to compete and even said he can go to school later.

Chapter 428
Chi Chi trained Goten personally, that is something you won't see in DBS Anime.

https://youtu.be/iAyQ96ymghQ
Here in Yo SOn Goku Ova we see Chi Chi and Bulma happy they get to see Goten and Trunks fight villains.

https://youtu.be/iAyQ96ymghQ?t=1304
Here we see Chi Chi being excited that Goten landed a hit on the villains.

Now comes DBS and all we get are these:
https://youtu.be/9G3uaW8bpeo?t=56
Goten wanted to go to Whis planet and no matter what Goten said, the answer was no. Chi Chi gave poor excuse. When Goku and Goten sneaks away, Chi Chi alerts Bulma to stop them. Bulma would then need to talk to Chi Chi. Chi Chi didn't even trust Goku to make any call.

Goku was looking for opponent to spar, just because Gohan suggest Goten to spar with Goku his own father, Chi Chi wanted to murder Gohan. I would put the video but looks like it was deleted. Here is the full episode from Crunchyroll a official website https://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-ball ... nds-723763
At 4:12 Gohan suggest Goten to train, since he was retired from fighting.

https://youtu.be/l6yQ8FojL-A
Goten wants to race with Goku and Piccolo to see who picks up the most vegetable which is fun and training, but no Chi Chi forbids it.

See you don't see Chi Chi compromise or give in a little. It has to be Chi Chi way or nothing.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri May 14, 2021 2:39 pm

super michael wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:18 pm Chapter 245 I took of the link since it didn't work, I took photo but I can't see option to upload it.
Chi Chi gives in and allow Gohan to go to Namek, despite being a peaceful planet. You don't see this in DBS Anime.

Chapter 336
Chi Chi gives in and allow Gohan to train with Goku and Piccolo. You don't see this in DBS Anime.

Chapter 366
Chi Chi even says there is no point trying to stop Goku and lets Goku train with Gohan in the ROSAT. You don't see this in DBS Anime.

http://mangareader.cc/chapter/dragon-ba ... ter-427#12
http://mangareader.cc/chapter/dragon-ba ... ter-427#13
Chi Chi gave no trouble on Gohan going to the tournament to compete and even said he can go to school later.

Chapter 428
Chi Chi trained Goten personally, that is something you won't see in DBS Anime.

https://youtu.be/iAyQ96ymghQ
Here in Yo SOn Goku Ova we see Chi Chi and Bulma happy they get to see Goten and Trunks fight villains.

https://youtu.be/iAyQ96ymghQ?t=1304
Here we see Chi Chi being excited that Goten landed a hit on the villains.

Now comes DBS and all we get are these:
https://youtu.be/9G3uaW8bpeo?t=56
Goten wanted to go to Whis planet and no matter what Goten said, the answer was no. Chi Chi gave poor excuse. When Goku and Goten sneaks away, Chi Chi alerts Bulma to stop them. Bulma would then need to talk to Chi Chi. Chi Chi didn't even trust Goku to make any call.

Goku was looking for opponent to spar, just because Gohan suggest Goten to spar with Goku his own father, Chi Chi wanted to murder Gohan. I would put the video but looks like it was deleted. Here is the full episode from Crunchyroll a official website https://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-ball ... nds-723763
At 4:12 Gohan suggest Goten to train, since he was retired from fighting.

https://youtu.be/l6yQ8FojL-A
Goten wants to race with Goku and Piccolo to see who picks up the most vegetable which is fun and training, but no Chi Chi forbids it.

See you don't see Chi Chi compromise or give in a little. It has to be Chi Chi way or nothing.
resignation is not development ... literally chichi resigns himself to goku going with whis so ...

Gohan had to yell at her to let him go .... and goten won't do it
because goku insists on taking gohan with him ... not goten's case ...
Just for the money ... and currently chichi letting goku go with whis for the money .. no difference
which is never really seen ... and is still she forbidden him to be SSJ

She still lets goten watch over the island of 17 ...

And currently how canon are those specials? taking into account that the characters can act in different personalities or not