Who else likes Chi-Chi more than Bulma?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Who else likes Chi-Chi more than Bulma?

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:51 pm

Goku da Silva wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:37 pm Seriously? Nobody likes Chi-Chi! :problem:
I do and I like her better than Bulma.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:43 pm

Sure they played up Chi Chi's naggi-ness and such up a little much in Z, especially after Naoko Watanabe stepped into the role after Mayumi Sho departed but it's still not quite to the extreme up to 11 levels that the Super anime played her up at quite often.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:54 pm

I like them both about the same. And that's not in a bad way. Both are great, if eccentric moms, neither takes any crap from their husbands, but also are the matriarchs of their families in their own ways. :thumbup:

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:04 am

Chi Chi doesn't contribute to the story at all, heck Chi Chi even wanted to force Krillin to fight even though Krillin was retired from fighting. Even though Chi Chi insist that Krillin fight, she herself is a coward who didn't even think of joining the fight against Beerus who used to be a fighter.

Bulma on the other hand contributes to the story along with Future Bulma.

Bulma not fighting in the Moro chapter is fair, she was never a fighter. Although making Mr Satan fight powerful alien was stupid of her.

Too bad Goku Black only killed Future Chi Chi and not Present Chi Chi.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:05 am

super michael wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:04 am Chi Chi doesn't contribute to the story at all,
Okay but what does that even mean? Does Kuririn contribute to the story when he’s not dying? She’s a comic relief character and a nice foil to Goku. She doesn’t have to personally advance the plot. Her character has a big influence on Gohan’s character so saying she doesn’t contribute to the story is just inaccurate.
heck Chi Chi even wanted to force Krillin to fight even though Krillin was retired from fighting. Even though Chi Chi insist that Krillin fight, she herself is a coward who didn't even think of joining the fight against Beerus who used to be a fighter.
Chi Chi is even weaker than Videl. Probably weaker than Mr.Satan. She retired from fighting long before Kuririn did but go off I guess.
Bulma on the other hand contributes to the story along with Future Bulma.
She kicks off the entire story by meeting Goku and introducing him to the dragon balls and her time machine allows Trunks to go back and warn about the cyborgs and later Goku Black. The vast majority of the time she’s on the sidelines just like Chi Chi.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:50 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:05 am Okay but what does that even mean? Does Kuririn contribute to the story when he’s not dying? She’s a comic relief character and a nice foil to Goku. She doesn’t have to personally advance the plot. Her character has a big influence on Gohan’s character so saying she doesn’t contribute to the story is just inaccurate.
Kuririn while he is weak, he contributed by fighting in RoF, ToP and Moro Chapter. It was thanks to Kuririn that Goku was able to get from whatever planet he was to earth.
As for Chi Chi that was in DBZ, in DBS she has done 0 useful thing. There is nothing funny about Chi Chi in DBS Anime, she is just plain annoying, especially when every character acts like she is the queen.

In DB and DBZ she was ok while she got better in the Buu Saga by a lot. Chi Chi even gave Super Buu a huge slap due to her thinking Gohan was killed.

Chi Chi is even weaker than Videl. Probably weaker than Mr.Satan. She retired from fighting long before Kuririn did but go off I guess.
Chi Chi knows that Kuririn is super weak, yet she wanted to force Kuririn to fight.

She kicks off the entire story by meeting Goku and introducing him to the dragon balls and her time machine allows Trunks to go back and warn about the cyborgs and later Goku Black. The vast majority of the time she’s on the sidelines just like Chi Chi.
It was thanks to Bulma that they were able to go to Namek and whenever Goku broke the Dragon Ball Radar she was able to fix it. Bulma was able to trade her shrinking watch for a submarine to go underwater with Goku.
In DBZ Bulma was able to fix a Saiyan scouter to locate all the Z fighters to go to Kami Look Out.
Bulma was able to create a disguise so no one knows Gohan identity, I guess that is all she did in the Buu Saga.
Bulma was able to fix the Time Machine that Cell left behind, to allow Goku back to the future.

Then there Future Bulma, why without her Goku would die and the present time line would end up like their future time line.

SuperSunnyDee

Post by SuperSunnyDee » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:48 pm

I like Bulma more. She contributes a lot more to the story, has some really funny moments, and I find the interactions she has with Vegeta and Trunks cute.I like Chichi too. I found her more endearing with the idea that she’s actually just as dumb as Goku but is obsessed with pushing towards “smart things” because that was what she was exposed to as a kid.

And on the subject of how they are as wives?…uh, okay. I think I’m more of a Chichi person I guess. She seems nice as long as you aren’t a total man child. But I’d hope someone more even tempered like Videl personally.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:45 pm

I like Bulma more because she reacts how most normal people would react to crazy situations like she always finds herself in, but unlike Chi-Chi she actually knows how to get shit done when necessary and she's also pretty funny. Her scenes with Yajirobe and the cat(damn I can't remember either his dub or original name) in the Garlic Jr saga are a highlight, plus I love this outfit of hers:Image
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:05 pm

Planetnamek wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:45 pm I like Bulma more because she reacts how most normal people would react to crazy situations like she always finds herself in, but unlike Chi-Chi she actually knows how to get shit done when necessary and she's also pretty funny. Her scenes with Yajirobe and the cat(damn I can't remember either his dub or original name) in the Garlic Jr saga are a highlight, plus I love this outfit of hers:Image
That’s Maron

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:09 pm

Damn you're right, their hairstyles look so similar that I mixed the two up, whoops :lol:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:10 pm

Maron being a complete bimbo is so relatable.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:19 pm

Planetnamek wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:09 pm Damn you're right, their hairstyles look so similar that I mixed the two up, whoops :lol:
:lol: :lol: I legitimately remember watching the Garlic Jr New Years marathon in 2001 and thinking they were the same person until they appeared on screen together

Not helping Vollmer’s valley girl performance during that time sounded really similar to Daphne Green’s Maron

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:26 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:19 pm
Planetnamek wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:09 pm Damn you're right, their hairstyles look so similar that I mixed the two up, whoops :lol:
:lol: :lol: I legitimately remember watching the Garlic Jr New Years marathon in 2001 and thinking they were the same person until they appeared on screen together

Not helping Vollmer’s valley girl performance during that time sounded really similar to Daphne Green’s Maron
Yeah they really do sound similar, I only just watched the Garlic Jr episodes a few weeks ago too, glad i'm not the only one that made that mistake.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:26 pm

Weirdly enough, as a kid I liked Chi-Chi better. Now, I like Bulma better, but I still like Chi-Chi.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Bridgeman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Bridgeman » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:33 am

Well, I'm in the same boat. As a kid I hated Bulma, and that was mostly because during the Namek saga, whenever something cool was going down, it suddenly swapped to a scene of Bulma getting chased by dinosaurs or big crabs or whatever. That annoyed me so much.

Now I don't care as much, and Bulma does make herself useful once in a while. Can't say the same for Chi-Chi.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 am

Goten has the potential to get as strong or even stronger than Goku, the only one holding Goten back is none other than Chi Chi. Nothing is holding Goten back except Chi Chi.

Goten isn't at fault for being weak.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:14 am

I've always loved Bulma, but she somehow became annoying and unpleasant to me now, really since the Majin arc but especially in Super.
Now that I think about it maybe it was Vegeta. He ruined her. Same with kid Trunks.
Anyway, Chichi is fine but she's doesn't really have that much screentime for me to like or dislike her

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:32 am

dva_raza wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:14 am I've always loved Bulma, but she somehow became annoying and unpleasant to me now, really since the Majin arc but especially in Super.
Now that I think about it maybe it was Vegeta. He ruined her. Same with kid Trunks.
Bulma has practically stayed the same since Chapter 1.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:39 am

PurestEvil wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:32 am
dva_raza wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:14 am I've always loved Bulma, but she somehow became annoying and unpleasant to me now, really since the Majin arc but especially in Super.
Bulma has practically stayed the same since Chapter 1.
Eh if anything she lost a lot of her bitchiness and selfish streak after the Namek arc.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:57 am

Chi Chi she changed a lot, she like those that does martial art and then she herself did martial art. Then in Z she hates everything about martial arts and doesn't want her sons to learn or train in martial arts.

In the Buu Saga she no longer hates martial arts and let her sons train and learn martial art, heck Chi Chi her was was teaching and training martial arts, which was a huge change.
In Yo Son Goku Ova, BoG and DBS Manga she has no problem with martial art and fighting.

DBS Anime she goes back to hating martial art and doesn't want her husband and son doing martial art or fighting. Chi Chi doesn't let Goku teach or train his kid.

DBZ Buu Saga = selfless and not annoying
DBZ Yo Son Goku = selfless and not annoying
DBZ/DBS BoG = selfless and not annoying
DBS Manga = selfless and not annoying
DBS Anime = selfish, control freak and annoying

DBZ Chi Chi allowed Goku authority after the Saiyan Saga with conditions.
Last edited by super michael on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:02 am, edited 4 times in total.