Who else likes Chi-Chi more than Bulma?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Who else likes Chi-Chi more than Bulma?

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:08 am

I repeat this a lot but I think it would be cool to just have Chi-Chi reveal that she never stopped training and then just let her fight alongside Gokuu in the next fight. Just ignore all the bad writing and start fresh from the present onward.
She/Her๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’œ ๐Ÿ’™
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:35 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:04 am Chi Chi is missing "her moment" in Dragon Ball. Bulma has had more than enough character expression to have each dynamic of her personality fleshed out. Chi Chi gets relegated to comic relief and being the annoying wife/mother trope when it's obvious she could have her own interesting dynamic. Even in smaller moments it matters - for example, when Yamcha dies we get a legitimate glimpse of Bulma's pain. It's not played for fucking laughs like when Roshi tells Chi Chi that Goku's dead.

Chi Chi has gotten screwed for this ENTIRE franchise.
Well she did smack Buu for killing Gohan and got turned into an egg.

I think everything about Chi-Chi makes sense once you remember she literally only appeared in two chapters up until Toriyama brought her back when he decided he wanted Goku to have a kid. I don't think her existence was ever much of a priority.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:35 pm

Nosferatu93 wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:25 am I dont know how a sane person can find a drawing attractive. Sorry
Are you new to the internet? There's artists making a fortune on paetron, devianatart or doujin artists who just create art of female characters from various anime or videogames.

Hell, the entire anime/manga industry in general is built around drawing cute girls in every series.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:53 am

Nosferatu93 wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:40 am
PanSimpson wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:23 am
Nosferatu93 wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:07 am Just wow. Probably a kid if you think thats okay.
Iโ€™m 26, but thanks for trying.
That makes it even worse seek help weirdo. Disgusting
What's disgusting is your attitude towards other people here. Human brain is so great that you can look at 2D cartoon and say "this character is attractive" because it recognizes traits you find attractive about real people and that's not even limited to visuals but includes clothing, body language and personality obviously. You don't have to be a weirdo to look at #18 and realize she's supposed to be very attractive woman. You're now trying to fool yourself into thinking that drawing can't be attractive.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:49 am

I'm not going to call people out on it, but I don't get the attraction either.

Do I like the character of Chichi more than the character of Bulma? I don't know. I don't even really see how it's possible considering that we barely get to see anything related to Chichi and even we do, it's very limited. But I don't dislike her. I'm very neutral.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:08 am

I like how she is living rent free in a lot of people's head. Imagen getting hate for being a good mother :lol:

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:55 am

I think Chichi in the Buu arc is pretty based. Not only is it her best design (come to think of it, all the girls had their best designs during this arc), but she's mellowed out a lot, even training Goten, cheering he and Gohan on at the tournament, etc. and being a pretty reasonably protective mom. I think that's a nice form of character development and I think that trait is pretty realistic to how a lot of real moms are. It's kind of an interesting juxtaposition of Bulma also getting older but being more maternal. Unfortunately, they decided to regress Chichi's character somewhat in Super much in the same way Vegeta was at the start of Super.
Last edited by Thanos on Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:57 am

I like the Dragon Ball Gals figure for Chi-Chi! I really appreciate the giant Mommy Milkers and implore the anime and conics to follow suit by drawing her with them. :)
She/Her๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’œ ๐Ÿ’™
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:45 pm

DBS Anime Chi Chi is the worst character of all time.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:46 pm

I don't think it's wrong to find drawing attractive, as long as you remember it's not real :)

Chi-Chi was ok in manga, but in anime and now Super, she is insufferable, i hate soccer mom trope in media, it never was funny and it never will be funny.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:11 pm

Chi-Chi generally feels like a product of 80's and Japan's customs, "women belong in the kitchen and stay home to raise the children."

Yes it may not be true anymore, but most of Chi Chi's run was written in the 80's and early 90's when Japanese women were expected to just be housewives and raise the children.

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:13 pm

Chi Chi is loyal if she loves you so i'll deal with the bitching for a loyal bride.
We the ones

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:15 pm

We can decouple the 'Japanese' part from that analysis because that is not a uniquely Japanese element. Women continue to suffer across time and space from misogyny and adding an exotic flavoring does not make the misogyny easier to chew.
She/Her๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’œ ๐Ÿ’™
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:19 pm

I'd also go on to say that characters that may not be good representation can make great spouses depending on the dynamic. Least there's a 1 on 1 kinda thing not representing a group of people lol.
We the ones

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:29 pm

JulieYBM wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:57 am I like the Dragon Ball Gals figure for Chi-Chi! I really appreciate the giant Mommy Milkers and implore the anime and conics to follow suit by drawing her with them. :)
ใƒใƒใฎไนณ
This post was brought to you by ้ญ”ๆ—

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:32 pm

JulieYBM wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:57 am I like the Dragon Ball Gals figure for Chi-Chi! I really appreciate the giant Mommy Milkers and implore the anime and conics to follow suit by drawing her with them. :)
You are a very horny person.
We the ones

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:55 pm

coola wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:46 pmI don't think it's wrong to find drawing attractive, as long as you remember it's not real :)
I think that's relative. Let's say, someone is sexually attracted to Pan. Then, we have two kinds of argument:

1 - "But it's a drawing, is not real"
2 - "But it's a child"

Which argument is correct?

About the topic, both are cute IMO, especially Chichi with her hair down:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:15 pm

forgot what z episode it is but the one with gohan's dream of Goku coming back, outside of being a really well directed scene, has chichi with her hair down and it's one of my favorite designs in the series lol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:34 pm

UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:32 pm
You are a very horny person.
Believe it or not I wasn't horny posting. I just like looking at giant Mommy Milkers. I only horny post when it comes to men. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
She/Her๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’œ ๐Ÿ’™
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:35 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:15 pm forgot what z episode it is but the one with gohan's dream of Goku coming back, outside of being a really well directed scene, has chichi with her hair down and it's one of my favorite designs in the series lol.
Her hairstyle there definitely reminds me of Pan's hair in GT, it looks so similar.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)