Who else likes Chi-Chi more than Bulma?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Who else likes Chi-Chi more than Bulma?

Post by Saiya6Cit » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:59 am

Oh gee... well.. No, I did not read it all, but I read the begining of the post.

The guy asking how can someone be attracted to a cartoon/drawing, hey you remind me of my brother, my puberty was hard because I would get it on anime characters so he would make fun of me for that. I don't care. To me it's like liking a color, imagine you love blue and the someone comes and tells you you can't like it, because it's not normal... what? Thankfully lots of people share it and the internet brought us together, so it's a time to celebrate, not to get tiggered and upset, those who don't understand, just let it be.

Having said that.

All Toriyama babes are beautiful. Being objective when it comes to the body, all of them are almost the same, because that is the toriyama proportions, his very own aesthetics. Which is why the personality is to me the best parameter to consider. In other words, both of them are awesome, it depends on what you like.

BULMA
Bulma is my second favorite character in DB (just right after Vegeta). To me she has it all, she is cute, smart, hot body and she is rich. She is like a female bruce wayne or tony stark.Bulma is fun, adventure, she is hardcore, she is not for everybody. Also I love scifi and Bulma represents that in DB, I won't even lists all of her inventions, by this point we should all know them.

CHICHI
Chichi on the other hand might have a difficult character but she is the perfect wife. Despite the world ending she always worried about Gohan's education and overall being a devoted mother as she took care not only of Goku's home but she also assisted Videl and Gohan with their own household too. She was more than patient with Goku's friends. She took care of Goku when he had the heart disease, she also forgave him for all of his mistakes, always.

I like Bulma better because with her I would never get bored, even if Vegeta doesn't let us get intimate we could even talk about science and engineering. I'm very interested in the time machine and the capsules. I could ask a few questions.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:13 am

PurestEvil wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:32 am
dva_raza wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:14 am I've always loved Bulma, but she somehow became annoying and unpleasant to me now, really since the Majin arc but especially in Super.
Now that I think about it maybe it was Vegeta. He ruined her. Same with kid Trunks.
Bulma has practically stayed the same since Chapter 1.
Uh..no?
She was fun and sexy

In super she is just.. not? Only the bitchiness remained

PS - she also became short for some reason. Being a bit taller than Vegeta kinda suited her, now she's 2 inches shorter than him LMAO

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:50 am

dva_raza wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:13 am
dva_raza wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:14 am I've always loved Bulma, but she somehow became annoying and unpleasant to me now, really since the Majin arc but especially in Super.
Now that I think about it maybe it was Vegeta. He ruined her. Same with kid Trunks.
Uh..no?
She was fun and sexy

Did you not see that one scene where she was flirting with Zamasu?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:15 am

And we have this too:

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:28 am

PurestEvil wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:50 am

Uh..no?
She was fun and sexy

I did. That wasn't sexy nor fun. It was lame. It's not about her flirting, I'm talking about her whole personality. She just kinda lost something.
Like I said I particularly started to dislike her in Buu saga. She was just insufferable since the tournament. The way she was fighting with Chichi about Vegeta and Trunks being better than Chichi's guys considering Chichi's family actually need the money..just..ugh. She would not have been that way in the earliest sagas, she was actually nice and cool

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:50 am

dva_raza wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:28 am
PurestEvil wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:50 am

Uh..no?
She was fun and sexy

I did. That wasn't sexy nor fun. It was lame. It's not about her flirting, I'm talking about her whole personality. She just kinda lost something.
Like I said I particularly started to dislike her in Buu saga. She was just insufferable since the tournament. The way she was fighting with Chichi about Vegeta and Trunks being better than Chichi's guys considering Chichi's family actually need the money..just..ugh. She would not have been that way in the earliest sagas, she was actually nice and cool
Firstly, she did that same flirty thing with General Blue.
Secondly, she totally would have started an argument like that. She was almost gonna break ties with Yamcha because he was getting attention from other girls at one point and was irritable when she was at planet namek
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:03 am

Bulma was flirting with Zarbon, just because he looked good and she was in a relationship with Yamcha. Bulma was flirting even in a relationship and it had nothing to do with survival unlike Zamasu to stall time.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:08 am

super michael wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:03 am Bulma was flirting with Zarbon, just because he looked good and she was in a relationship with Yamcha. Bulma was flirting even in a relationship and it had nothing to do with survival unlike Zamasu to stall time.
This is what makes the idea of Yamcha being a player hard to believe considering Bulma lusted after anything with a dick. If anything, she's the unfaithful one.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:19 am

Toriyama's writing of women is just as shitty as his writing of men, so it's no surprise that he would just write whatever dumb shit he wanted to to vaguely give characterization to Blooma--like having he be weirdly competitive with Chi-Chi during the Majin Buu arc--or whatever else. Women are like aliens to Toriyama and they will always be because he refuses to approach them as anything like himself.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:52 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:08 am
super michael wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:03 am Bulma was flirting with Zarbon, just because he looked good and she was in a relationship with Yamcha. Bulma was flirting even in a relationship and it had nothing to do with survival unlike Zamasu to stall time.
This is what makes the idea of Yamcha being a player hard to believe considering Bulma lusted after anything with a dick. If anything, she's the unfaithful one.
I know right in the original Dragon Ball we only saw Bulma being the jealous and getting angry just because girls went up to Yamcha, even though there was no hint of cheating. But in the Namek Saga we actually see Bulma trying to cheat on Yamcha.

We never saw Yamcha cheating on Bulma at all, not even a little hint.

ZeroIsOurHero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ZeroIsOurHero » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:33 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:19 am Toriyama's writing of women is just as shitty as his writing of men
Why are you a Dragon Ball fan, exactly? Not trying to take the piss, just genuinely curious because of how much you seem to hate anyone associated with the show. If you seriously think Dragon Ball is a horribly-written pile of bigotry, why not find a show you actually like?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:22 pm

ZeroIsOurHero wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:33 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:19 am Toriyama's writing of women is just as shitty as his writing of men
Why are you a Dragon Ball fan, exactly? Not trying to take the piss, just genuinely curious because of how much you seem to hate anyone associated with the show. If you seriously think Dragon Ball is a horribly-written pile of bigotry, why not find a show you actually like?
1. Toriyama is not the only creative force for the series. I'm here for the work of many people, Toriyama include.
2. Criticism makes DB better.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:24 pm

The story is decades old. Criticism won't change it.

And to answer the question, dear lord no. Even though the anime overdoes her worst qualities, she's still not interesting. Bulma, on the other hand, is very interesting and one of Toriyama's greatest creations.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:36 pm

ABED wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:24 pm The story is decades old. Criticism won't change it.

And to answer the question, dear lord no. Even though the anime overdoes her worst qualities, she's still not interesting. Bulma, on the other hand, is very interesting and one of Toriyama's greatest creations.
Criticism will affect future works and push others to think critically about how media propagates negative stereotypes and ideas. Obviously as a woman (and an for-fun media academic) I talk about how we're negatively portrayed in media all the time but considering how many of my loved ones are men I also have a vested interest in seeing better portrayals of men in media.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ZeroIsOurHero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ZeroIsOurHero » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:13 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:22 pm 1. Toriyama is not the only creative force for the series. I'm here for the work of many people, Toriyama include.
I know Toriyama isn't the only guy behind the show, but you've made equally hateful comments towards other people associated with the franchise. And a lot of those comments have really toed the line between "a healthy amount of constructive criticism" and "Jesus why are you a fan of this show if you hate it so much." Don't get me wrong, you seem like a nice person, I just have no idea why you're here. I should probably drop the subject though.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:19 pm

ZeroIsOurHero wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:13 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:22 pm 1. Toriyama is not the only creative force for the series. I'm here for the work of many people, Toriyama include.
I know Toriyama isn't the only guy behind the show, but you've made equally hateful comments towards other people associated with the franchise. And a lot of those comments have really toed the line between "a healthy amount of constructive criticism" and "Jesus why are you a fan of this show if you hate it so much." Don't get me wrong, you seem like a nice person, I just have no idea why you're here. I should probably drop the subject though.
I'm not obligated to make a quota of positive comments about the series to appease anyone but anyone that has read my recent posts will know that I have been very positive about not only the latest comic chapter of Dragon Ball Super but also the forthcoming film and the possibility of it both on a story and visual-level. I've also probably made other positive comments lately but I can't remember because of health issues.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ZeroIsOurHero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ZeroIsOurHero » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:29 pm

Okay, sorry for making assumptions then. I guess the most negative comments stand out most. Like I said, I should probably shut up.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:08 am

I would say that Chichi is a more likable person than Bulma. However, Bulma is the more interesting character.

Calling out Toriyama and others for shitty writing and bigotry does not equal hating them. Additionally, it's possible to like and enjoy horribly written and bigoted media.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:44 am

MyVisionity wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:08 am I would say that Chichi is a more likable person than Bulma. However, Bulma is the more interesting character.

Calling out Toriyama and others for shitty writing and bigotry does not equal hating them. Additionally, it's possible to like and enjoy horribly written and bigoted media.
Sure, but when you don't see much if any enjoyment coming from someone, one wonders why they are on a fan forum.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:03 am

I've seen enjoyment come from Julie!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: