Who else likes Chi-Chi more than Bulma?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PanSimpson
Banned

Who else likes Chi-Chi more than Bulma?

Post by PanSimpson » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:28 am

Sure, Chi-Chi may be a bit useless these days, but I’d MUCH RATHER have her as a wife than Bulma because I find her MUCH MORE attractive than Bulma.

I have a strong thing for bitchy women with black hair and Chi-Chi isn’t without her good traits.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Who else likes Chi-Chi more than Bulma?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:34 am

I do. I really like ChiChi. Would've still preffered Videl as a wife probably, but ChiChi is very close, she's very good mother and wife Goku doesn't deserve. I'm not fan of Bulma, i don't find her much attractive and she's mostly annoying. I liked her DBZ future version and Buu saga version (most attractive version of her imo) and that's it. She's also okay in GT for aiding Vegeta, but other than that i didn't care for her. I absolutely hate Bulma in Namek arc and pretty much entire DBS.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

dragonmagico
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonmagico » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:36 am

chichi isnt really a b**** though, filler makes her uhh interesting but thats it. that said both are good moms. Dunno if ether is fully better than the other over all but lots of subjective stuff

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:51 am

Bulma is a much more well-rounded character, but I prefer Chi Chi, too. Her "bitchiness" and "overprotectiveness" are overrated.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:04 pm

I feel neutral towards them. But I still have a preference for Chichi. She was so sweet when she was a child and when she grew up she became an overprotective and caring mother, which is sweet. Some people might find her annoying (totally understandable) but I don't find her as annoying as young Bulma who was way more irritating with her "princess/grumpy" attitude. She became better later on though.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:05 pm

I'd much rather be both of them so that I can fuck their husbands. 😤
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:38 pm

Call me vanilla but I think I'd prefer if the women in my life were more even tempered, less prone to violent outbursts, and unlikely to ever shoot a 12 year old square in the dome.

So my vote is for Bulma's mom. Not only is she calm and aloof, she probably also makes an amazing Pimm's Cup.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:27 pm

dragonmagico wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:36 am chichi isnt really a b**** though
She’s only a bitch because the narrative paints her as a bitch. She’s almost never actually in the wrong. Like, we’re suppose to think she’s an unreasonable shrew because she...::wants Goku to get a job to provide for the family and not just train all day?!?!?!

Kuririn acts like she’s off her rocker for being more concerned about Gohan’s injuries than Goku’s after the Saiyan battle but one is a 23-year old man who made his own choice and the other is a 5-year old who was kidnapped for a whole year and forced into it

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Chi-Chi definitely gets the short-end of the stick and has a portrayal that really underscores the misogyny of the people involved in making the various media in this franchise. Mens' views on women are just so boring at best and insulting at worse. It's my hope that future Dragon Ball media's handling of women is neither.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:09 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:38 pm Call me vanilla but I think I'd prefer if the women in my life were more even tempered, less prone to violent outbursts, and unlikely to ever shoot a 12 year old square in the dome.

So my vote is for Bulma's mom. Not only is she calm and aloof, she probably also makes an amazing Pimm's Cup.
In fairness to Bulma, how would you react to a mutant 12 year old lifting your car, throwing it, and then charging after you thinking you're a wizard controlling a monster? :P

Anyway, my thing with Chi-Chi is in the anime she's insufferable, and in the manga she basically has like...no character. I mean she's a dumb hillbilly mom but that's not really a character, just an archetype.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:25 am

I dont know how a sane person can find a drawing attractive. Sorry
Hellsing

PanSimpson
Banned

Post by PanSimpson » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:22 am

Nosferatu93 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:25 am I dont know how a sane person can find a drawing attractive. Sorry
I don’t know how or why any sane person would spend A GOOD AMOUNT of their time on a site like this while making this ridiculous comment.

Sorry, but not sorry.

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:07 am

Just wow. Probably a kid if you think thats okay.
Hellsing

PanSimpson
Banned

Post by PanSimpson » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:23 am

Nosferatu93 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:07 am Just wow. Probably a kid if you think thats okay.
I’m 26, but thanks for trying.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:29 am

The only time I actually liked Chi-Chi was during the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, but I also didn't like Bulma till the Android arc so it kinda balances out.

I just wish Toriyama didn't make her gave up fighting.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:40 am

PanSimpson wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:23 am
Nosferatu93 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:07 am Just wow. Probably a kid if you think thats okay.
That makes it even worse seek help weirdo. Disgusting
Hellsing

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:43 am

Nosferatu93 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:40 am
PanSimpson wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:23 am
That makes it even worse seek help weirdo. Disgusting
Chill. They said they found Chi Chi more attractive. They didn’t say they were going to marry their Chi Chi body pillow and take it to Disneyland for a honeymoon.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:21 am

Multiple forms of love and self-expression exist. So long as a person of adult age is able to consent and nobody is being harmed there is no reason to object to how they love and who they love.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:30 am

Nosferatu93 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:25 am I dont know how a sane person can find a drawing attractive. Sorry
Oh, young man, there are several even weirder things for a person to be attracted too. And besides, manga styles tend to give characters more "cute" features, so it is should not be that illogical.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:04 am

Chi Chi is missing "her moment" in Dragon Ball. Bulma has had more than enough character expression to have each dynamic of her personality fleshed out. Chi Chi gets relegated to comic relief and being the annoying wife/mother trope when it's obvious she could have her own interesting dynamic. Even in smaller moments it matters - for example, when Yamcha dies we get a legitimate glimpse of Bulma's pain. It's not played for fucking laughs like when Roshi tells Chi Chi that Goku's dead.

Chi Chi has gotten screwed for this ENTIRE franchise.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃