If all the Dragon Ball players watched Major League Baseball, what team would they root for?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PanSimpson
Banned

If all the Dragon Ball players watched Major League Baseball, what team would they root for?

Post by PanSimpson » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:23 pm

While Yamcha is the only Dragon Ball character I know of that likes baseball because he actually is a baseball player who knows how to play the game, if he were an MLB fan, I'd picture him liking the New York Yankees or the Seattle Mariners because of the now-retired Ichiro Suzuki.

But what MLB teams do you think the characters in Dragon Ball would like???

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If all the Dragon Ball players watched Major League Baseball, what team would they root for?

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat May 01, 2021 12:21 am

Japanese ones?

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If all the Dragon Ball players watched Major League Baseball, what team would they root for?

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat May 01, 2021 1:23 am

...The ones that start the most fights?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat May 01, 2021 1:38 am

I was more into baseball when I was younger so I mostly only remember team names. Based on what the names could represent:

Whis: Los Angeles Angels
Goku (and most martial artists): Atlanta Braves
Vegeta: Kansas City Royals
Shenron: Arizona Diamondbacks
Freeza's army or RR Army: Pittsburgh Pirates
#16: St. Louis Cardinals or Toronto Blue Jays (he likes birds)
#17: Texas Rangers
Beerus, Korin, and Puar: Detroit Tigers (I don't know only feline named team)
Piccolo: Los Angeles...DODGERS

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat May 01, 2021 11:04 am

In keeping with his perpetual loser energy Krillin would cheer for the Cubs.

Vegeta cheers for the Washington Baseball Team to stick it to cancel culture but actually hates the sport.

Gohan doesn't root for an individual team but has very strong opinions about the DH and how it ruins the strategy behind the game.

Roshi is probably still ranting about the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn and how it killed the hometown feel of the sport.

Bulma cheers for the Brewers because it's an excuse to drink at the game.

ChiChi roots for the Mets because Ox King took her to a bunch of their games growing up.

Yamcha pulls for the Blue Jays and spends a little too much time trying to justify their poor record by pointing out how much traveling the team needs to do in a season.

#17 roots for the Rangers. #18 roots for whoever the Rangers are playing against.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat May 01, 2021 12:00 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:04 am ChiChi roots for the Mets because Ox King took her to a bunch of their games growing up.
As an ex-mets fan, that is kind of relatable
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

PanSimpson
Banned

Post by PanSimpson » Sat May 01, 2021 1:04 pm

Skar wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:38 am Goku (and most martial artists): Atlanta Braves
Which is why Goku is AWESOME. Go Bravos!!!

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat May 01, 2021 1:07 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:00 pm
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:04 am ChiChi roots for the Mets because Ox King took her to a bunch of their games growing up.
I think that's most Mets fans. Either you have a strong family association with the team or you immigrated to New York back in '86.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat May 01, 2021 3:27 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:04 am Vegeta cheers for the Washington Baseball Team to stick it to cancel culture but actually hates the sport.
not to be rude but i think you have your wires crossed a little, the nationals don't really have name controversy (besides expos fans maybe), it's the Cleveland Indians who do. Washington Football Team is just that..a football team.

also #16 has gotta be one of the bird teams.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat May 01, 2021 3:28 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:07 pm
PurestEvil wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:00 pm
I think that's most Mets fans. Either you have a strong family association with the team or you immigrated to New York back in '86.
Well, for me it was not the family, it were the school-sponsored ticket sales. Lots of my teachers (lived in queens) are mets fans, so yeah.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat May 01, 2021 4:27 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:27 pm
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:04 am Vegeta cheers for the Washington Baseball Team to stick it to cancel culture but actually hates the sport.
not to be rude but i think you have your wires crossed a little, the nationals don't really have name controversy (besides expos fans maybe), it's the Cleveland Indians who do. Washington Football Team is just that..a football team.
That was the joke. Vegeta's jumping on a bandwagon without actually knowing what's going on. :D

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat May 01, 2021 4:57 pm

oh lol, that's pretty funny.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸