Goten and Trunks has been treated really bad in DBS

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

Goten and Trunks has been treated really bad in DBS

Post by super michael » Sun May 02, 2021 11:17 am

Long story short Goten and Trunks are forbidden from fighting evil by keeping secrets from them, which is really stupid because they like to train and fight. Goten and Trunks are very powerful with the potential to unlock more Super Saiyan transformation and doesn't have anything against team work or fusion.

In the anime it takes it further when Goten and Trunks arrives in RoF everyone wants Goten and Trunks to leave, but no one has any problem in Bulma staying despite her childish act toward Freeza. In the anime everytime Goten and Trunks wanted to train they were forbidden and everytime they wanted to help out the good guys they were forbidden.

Now this new character Granola has a huge hatred toward Saiyans, if they keep Goten and Trunks away from battle again that would be really stupid. Everyone got to shine even Chiaotzu and Mr Satan, but Goten and Trunks hasn't been allowed to battle evil at all.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Goten and Trunks has been treated really bad in DBS

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun May 02, 2021 11:24 am

The time skip shows that Goten and Trunks stopped giving a shit, anyway. And personally, I don't like either of them as characters to begin with, so there's no real loss.

Dragon Ball's not pro wrestling or some ensemble cast where everybody has to do important things just because they have a fanbase. Interesting characters should, and Goten and Trunks are just a couple of brats.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sun May 02, 2021 11:25 am

There is already a thread about this, isn't there?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sun May 02, 2021 11:29 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:24 am The time skip shows that Goten and Trunks stopped giving a shit, anyway. And personally, I don't like either of them as characters to begin with, so there's no real loss.

Dragon Ball's not pro wrestling or some ensemble cast where everybody has to do important things just because they have a fanbase. Interesting characters should, and Goten and Trunks are just a couple of brats.
The time skip also has Goku and Vegeta saying that they became slacker, while in DBS we see that the reason they don't train and fight is because they are forbidden and any danger that happens is kept a secret.
In DBO Goten and Trunks gets inspired by Gohan books and decides to open their dojo and teach Kenjutsu to infuse ki into their weapon.

I enjoy them both especially since they like to train and fight and they both get along with each other.
PurestEvil wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:25 am There is already a thread about this, isn't there?
I believe I made one a few months ago, but bumping that thread might be against the rules.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 02, 2021 11:36 am

Not one but two threads about these characters. Might as well come up with "Goten & Trunks Appreciation Thread".
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~