Is there a list of countries that has their own instrument remix of the DBZ Opening theme 1?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Is there a list of countries that has their own instrument remix of the DBZ Opening theme 1?

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Sun May 02, 2021 11:16 pm

I was wondering if there's a list of countries who used their own instruments to recreate the first DBZ Opening theme. We know that the Phillipine-Americans used different instruments for their dub of the 2 Cooler Movies (Movies 5 and 6). The other one for TV on RPN 9 was actually the Cantonese Dub Instrumental (The Cantonese Dub's Opening Theme was used for the TV Version by Age of Wonder). Is there a list of different countries that used different instruments to recreate the first DBZ Opening Intro? If anyone uploads the list of countries that recreated Cha-La Head Cha-La using different Instruments, i'll be reading because I thought ALL countries remixed the same First Opening Theme with different instruments. Let me know if the list of countries that remixed the song using different instruments is completed. Can't wait to read it.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Re: Is there a list of countries that has their own instrument remix of the DBZ Opening theme 1?

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon May 03, 2021 1:28 am

There are a few that come to mind, though this isn't necessarily a complete list:

-The German dub. Posted first because it is, in my opinion, the best dubbed version of Chala Head Chala. Kickass vocals and the instrumental mix has more of a rock/metal feel to it.
-The Serbian Dub. Cheating a bit because, well...it was based on the German dub, which you just heard.
-The European Spanish dub. I say "European" because the Latino Spanish dub used the original isntrumental mix.
-The Catalan Dub. Also cheating because it's also based on the European Spanish dub.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Is there a list of countries that has their own instrument remix of the DBZ Opening theme 1?

Post by sangofe » Mon May 03, 2021 5:02 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:28 am There are a few that come to mind, though this isn't necessarily a complete list:

-The German dub. Posted first because it is, in my opinion, the best dubbed version of Chala Head Chala. Kickass vocals and the instrumental mix has more of a rock/metal feel to it.
-The Serbian Dub. Cheating a bit because, well...it was based on the German dub, which you just heard.
-The European Spanish dub. I say "European" because the Latino Spanish dub used the original isntrumental mix.
-The Catalan Dub. Also cheating because it's also based on the European Spanish dub.
The german one is great, indeed.