Which is the character that you don't like

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

Re: Which is the character that you don't like

Post by super michael » Wed May 12, 2021 5:45 am

Tai Lung wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:12 am
super michael wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:25 am While DBS Anime Goku has a lot of negative which ruins him, he also has a lot of positive to his side also.
basically it's the same chichi Z - DBS
when she forbade gohan to go to namek or when she did not want goku to train in the android saga

--------------------
I would also say that chichi ....
and besides her I would say that shin in a hopeless case has only been a useless in general the same kibito too

Paikuhan ... too much like piccolo

From the current Dragon Ball
Tagoma ... it was tried to give it a development but it disappears so fast that it is really wasted
a case similar to shin is cabba ... its existence is unnecessary .. once you think about it, the promise to visit sadala is something that was never realized and therefore .. the character does not contribute anything

Merus very mary sue they even revived him
Chi Chi minds was changed, so she allowed Gohan to go to Namek. Chi Chi mind was changed to allow Gohan to train for the Android with Piccolo and Goku for 3 years and then in the ROSAT for 1 year.
In the Buu Saga she stopped the whole forbidding thing altogether and allowed her sons to do as they like which was study or train. The only thing Chi Chi had a problem was Gohan skipping school, that is until she heard the prize money.

Chi Chi mind in DBS Anime doesn't change one bit, even when Goten tells her that he wants to be strong and sneaks away nothing and she even gets Bulma involved. Goku has no say in changing Chi Chi mind one bit.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 12, 2021 1:50 pm

I think that I'm the only one who actually likes Cabba... :think:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed May 12, 2021 5:31 pm

super michael wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:45 am
super michael wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:25 am While DBS Anime Goku has a lot of negative which ruins him, he also has a lot of positive to his side also.
when she forbade gohan to go to namek or when she did not want goku to train in the android saga

--------------------
and besides her I would say that shin in a hopeless case has only been a useless in general the same kibito too

Tagoma ... it was tried to give it a development but it disappears so fast that it is really wasted
a case similar to shin is cabba ... its existence is unnecessary .. once you think about it, the promise to visit sadala is something that was never realized and therefore .. the character does not contribute anything

Chi Chi minds was changed, so she allowed Gohan to go to Namek. Chi Chi mind was changed to allow Gohan to train for the Android with Piccolo and Goku for 3 years and then in the ROSAT for 1 year.
In the Buu Saga she stopped the whole forbidding thing altogether and allowed her sons to do as they like which was study or train. The only thing Chi Chi had a problem was Gohan skipping school, that is until she heard the prize money.

Chi Chi mind in DBS Anime doesn't change one bit, even when Goten tells her that he wants to be strong and sneaks away nothing and she even gets Bulma involved. Goku has no say in changing Chi Chi mind one bit.
she's always like this ... the only reason she lets goku train gohan ... is because she can't stop him .. so she has to resign herself
Goten never trained ... he just "played" with Trunks
chichi was forbidden goten to become SSJ

The only reason she allow her children to enter the tournament ... is for the money otherwise you would not allow them to fight ...
the character is only defined by some traits and nothing else
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:50 pm I think that I'm the only one who actually likes Cabba... :think:
it starts out being interesting ... just like shin ... but when I think back on his character and what he contributed I realize that he didn't really contribute anything ...
although some hate its tarble-like design and in general their participation is forced
Last edited by Tai Lung on Wed May 12, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Wed May 12, 2021 5:54 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:31 pm

--------------------

she's always like this ... the only reason she lets goku train gohan ... is because she can't stop him .. so she has to resign herself

The only reason you allow her children to enter the tournament ... is for the money otherwise you would not allow them to fight ...
Call it whatever you want resign or change her mind, however Goku was willing to take Goten to Whis planet, but Chi Chi forbid it. When Goku and Goten sneak away, Chi Chi didn't resign no she called Bulma to stop Goten specifically.
Chi Chi changed her mind and resigned in DBZ, which is something you will never see from DBS Anime Chi Chi.

First of all there is nothing in the story that indicates Goten and Gohan were forbidden from entering the tournament, the only thing Chi Chi had a problem was Gohan skipping school. It was the tournament money that granted Gohan permission to skip school.

As for Chi Chi not wanting Goten to turn Super Saiyan, that you have a point.

Chi Chi doesn't forbid in Buu Saga, Yo Son Goku Ova and BoG. Chi Chi doesn't forbid in DBS Manga, however DBS Anime is 100% forbid.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed May 12, 2021 6:23 pm

super michael wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:54 pm

The only reason you allow her children to enter the tournament ... is for the money otherwise you would not allow them to fight ...
Call it whatever you want resign or change her mind, however Goku was willing to take Goten to Whis planet, but Chi Chi forbid it. When Goku and Goten sneak away, Chi Chi didn't resign no she called Bulma to stop Goten specifically.
Chi Chi changed her mind and resigned in DBZ, which is something you will never see from DBS Anime Chi Chi.

First of all there is nothing in the story that indicates Goten and Gohan were forbidden from entering the tournament, the only thing Chi Chi had a problem was Gohan skipping school. It was the tournament money that granted Gohan permission to skip school.

Chi Chi doesn't forbid in Buu Saga, Yo Son Goku Ova and BoG. Chi Chi doesn't forbid in DBS Manga, however DBS Anime is 100% forbid.

Yes, but the difference is big ... she resigned and let goku go with whis ... with goten there was no reason for it .. he will not make money or it is important that goten go so that ...

when frieza going earth in DBZ .. gohan escape to battle's place

when goku goes to train with gohan ... he insists and takes it anyway because gohan is important for the fight with cell it is not the case of goten ...
that gohan will never train in buu arc ... leaves that misunderstood ... despite the promise to protect the earth

in the DBS manga it is not that chichi allows him to go ... in fact it is implied that chichi and bulma do not tell the children when something happens

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Wed May 12, 2021 6:24 pm

That scene is the pinnacle of that aspect of her, not "always". Chichi trained Goten, and she didn't forbid him to go SS, she just didn't like it and "got mad because he looked like a delinquent".
--

Anyway, manga-wise, I don't think I dislike anyone aside from few particular scenes.
Maybe Miza-Kikaza-Iwaza fusion, mainly because the fat joke scene is so unfunny and pretty much all there is to her.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed May 12, 2021 6:28 pm

The Great Saiyaman

I do like Gohan. I just hate when he acts like that.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu May 13, 2021 6:56 am

I'm rewatching DBZ and I realized I don't have patience for Chichi hysterical scenes anymore.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 13, 2021 9:23 am

There would be some of them:
Bulma, Gotenks, Pilaf, Ginyu Force, #19, Goku Black, Cabba, Jiren, Dolltaki

If we talk about specific versions of characters:
Post-Namek Frieza, anime Kale, DBS Chichi, DBS Goku, supreme kai (unfused), Cell saga Gohan, Cell 2nd/perfect forms

I didn't count some completely irrelevant or filler specific characters like jelly Vegeta from Super or some random fighters across entire franchise like majority of ToP or some villains sidekicks (Garlic Jr., some movie villains, Moro etc.)
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu May 13, 2021 9:26 am

Tai Lung wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:23 pm
super michael wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:54 pm

Yes, but the difference is big ... she resigned and let goku go with whis ... with goten there was no reason for it .. he will not make money or it is important that goten go so that ...

when frieza going earth in DBZ .. gohan escape to battle's place

when goku goes to train with gohan ... he insists and takes it anyway because gohan is important for the fight with cell it is not the case of goten ...
that gohan will never train in buu arc ... leaves that misunderstood ... despite the promise to protect the earth

in the DBS manga it is not that chichi allows him to go ... in fact it is implied that chichi and bulma do not tell the children when something happens
Goten told Chi Chi that he wants to become strong, if that is what he wants then he should be allowed and not make excuse that there are no bad guy. That is how Future Gohan and Future Goten died, since they were weak. There are always bad guys, heck Gohan became weak in the Buu Saga since he chose not to train due to peace time.

If Future Gohan and Future Goten died due to being weak, then who is to say Present Goten won't die from being weak. The excuse that there are not bad guys is weak.

Nice point about Freeza going to earth and Gohan had to sneak instead of getting permission, I can't believe I forgot that.

As for DBS Manga very rarely do they keep secret from them when there are dangers, however they are not forbidden from training.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 am

Disliking something uses up so much energy. When I think of things I dislike I can begin to feel my body feel tired and in pain. I like to avoid thinking about things I dislike if I can.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu May 13, 2021 2:07 pm

super michael wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:26 am Goten told Chi Chi that he wants to become strong, if that is what he wants then he should be allowed and not make excuse that there are no bad guy. That is how Future Gohan and Future Goten died, since they were weak. There are always bad guys, heck Gohan became weak in the Buu Saga since he chose not to train due to peace time.
with this you are confirming my point ....

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu May 13, 2021 3:21 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:07 pm
super michael wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:26 am Goten told Chi Chi that he wants to become strong, if that is what he wants then he should be allowed and not make excuse that there are no bad guy. That is how Future Gohan and Future Goten died, since they were weak. There are always bad guys, heck Gohan became weak in the Buu Saga since he chose not to train due to peace time.
Are you insinuating that Chi Chi is directly responsible for that? That is merely a fan-theory.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 13, 2021 3:29 pm

I don't get why everyone seems to hate Cabba. Is it because he's a Saiyan that's not a battle junkie like the rest of them?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu May 13, 2021 3:47 pm

What is your point, we know that Gohan never enjoyed fighting since episode 1 of DBZ, Gohan always enjoyed to study. However when Gohan needed to protect others, then he did what he needed to do.

Goten on the other hand since his first appearance he has always enjoyed training and fighting. There was nothing that indicated that he hates fighting. There was nothing indicating that he was a slacker.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:29 pm I don't get why everyone seems to hate Cabba. Is it because he's a Saiyan that's not a battle junkie like the rest of them?

In the manga he is fine, but in the anime he is a stick. Cabba has no muscles at all. They went too far with Cabba design.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu May 13, 2021 4:10 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:29 pm I don't get why everyone seems to hate Cabba. Is it because he's a Saiyan that's not a battle junkie like the rest of them?
As someone who liked Cabba, I assume it is because he had a promising dynamic with Vegeta that ended up going nowhere. He ended up coming off as a bit of a shoe-shiner with Vegeta, too.
Also because of his appearance. His limbs look like twigs.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu May 13, 2021 6:58 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:21 pm
Are you insinuating that Chi Chi is directly responsible for that? That is merely a fan-theory.
No. I'm saying that chichi does not encourage her son to continue training even though she knows very well what happened in the future of trunks ... or that goku is dead and her son gohan is the only one who can protect the earth
if you read the context of the conversation ...

Basically if gohan dedicated himself to having a normal life ... chichi literally allowed it ... and most likely she preferred it that way

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu May 13, 2021 7:09 pm

super michael wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:47 pm What is your point,
Are you telling me ... that chichi does not allow Goten to train even though he knows what happened in the future ...
the same happened with gohan ... if chichi had changed the way of thinking ... so she would have encouraged him to train ... but that never happened
super michael wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:47 pm In the manga he is fine, but in the anime he is a stick. Cabba has no muscles at all. They went too far with Cabba design.
depends on the drawing ... generally not consistent and he is more skinny

anyway the real reason ... is mentioned ... the character promises ... a new adventure in his world given to the relationship with vegeta and once again there is nothing

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu May 13, 2021 7:29 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:09 pm
super michael wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:47 pm What is your point,
Are you telling me ... that chichi does not allow Goten to train even though he knows what happened in the future ...
the same happened with gohan ... if chichi had changed the way of thinking ... so she would have encouraged him to train ... but that never happened
super michael wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:47 pm In the manga he is fine, but in the anime he is a stick. Cabba has no muscles at all. They went too far with Cabba design.
depends on the drawing ... generally not consistent and he is more skinny

anyway the real reason ... is mentioned ... the character promises ... a new adventure in his world given to the relationship with vegeta and once again there is nothing
Yes I am saying Chi Chi doesn't let Goten train, she literally stopped Goten from going with Goku to Whis planet. Goku wanted someone to spar and just because Gohan said for Goten to spar with Goku, Chi Chi wanted to murder Gohan for even saying that idea. So training with Goku is not allowed and going to Whis planet is not allowed.

Gohan chose to stop training after Cell defeat and nothing implies that Chi Chi forbid Gohan from training after Cell defeat.

As for Cabba I guess he isn't always drawn good.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu May 13, 2021 7:39 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:10 pm
As someone who liked Cabba, I assume it is because he had a promising dynamic with Vegeta that ended up going nowhere. He ended up coming off as a bit of a shoe-shiner with Vegeta, too.
Also because of his appearance. His limbs look like twigs.
"It went nowhere" When was Vegeta supposed to do all of this? When he's in the middle of the TOP or the Zamasu conflict? You can easily assume he does it after the tournament.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.