How come Freeza doesn't care about getting revenge against Future Trunks

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

How come Freeza doesn't care about getting revenge against Future Trunks

Post by super michael » Mon May 10, 2021 12:49 pm

Future Trunks was the first character to cut Freeza into tiny little pieces and then incinerator to kill him. Future Trunks even kills his father and his crew members along with his ship, I am surprise Freeza doesn't use the Dragon Ball to bring Future Trunks to him or find his location.

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: How come Freeza doesn't care about getting revenge against Future Trunks

Post by TobyS » Mon May 10, 2021 1:22 pm

super michael wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:49 pm Future Trunks was the first character to cut Freeza into tiny little pieces and then incinerator to kill him. Future Trunks even kills his father and his crew members along with his ship, I am surprise Freeza doesn't use the Dragon Ball to bring Future Trunks to him or find his location.
Don't his men say they never saw a trace of him again?
If he was visiting when Freeza next showed up I'm sure he'd remember his hate.
He just hates Goku more and assumes he's missed the boat on revenge for Trunks.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon May 10, 2021 1:30 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:22 pm
super michael wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:49 pm Future Trunks was the first character to cut Freeza into tiny little pieces and then incinerator to kill him. Future Trunks even kills his father and his crew members along with his ship, I am surprise Freeza doesn't use the Dragon Ball to bring Future Trunks to him or find his location.
Freeza wanted to make a wish on the Dragon Ball to get taller, couldn't he use that wish to find Future Trunks location. Besides Earth Dragon Ball can grant 2 to 3 wishes depending what Freeza wish for.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 10, 2021 1:53 pm

In RoF, they said that they were unable to find him. Freeza's men think that he could be dead.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon May 10, 2021 2:47 pm

super michael wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:30 pm
TobyS wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:22 pm
Freeza wanted to make a wish on the Dragon Ball to get taller, couldn't he use that wish to find Future Trunks location. Besides Earth Dragon Ball can grant 2 to 3 wishes depending what Freeza wish for.
Why would he care? Also who is to say Shen Long can even grant that wish as it would involve pulling someone from an alternate timeline

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:42 pm

It's funny how there are quite a lot of references to Trunks in RoF, almost like Toriyama was anticipating all the fans screaming that Trunks killed Freeza, not Goku. But yeah, as Toby said, Sorbet handwaves it by saying that they assumed Trunks must've died or fled to another galaxy as their scouts couldn't find any trace of him. I think Freeza wasn't as bothered by Trunks simply because he didn't know him as long and wanted to focus the brunt of his hatred on Goku for being the first enemy to defeat him, but as shown in the Super anime and some DBFZ cutscenes, he still bears a lot of hatred for Trunks too. He's just locked out of the loop regarding the whole time travel situation.

Plus, I headcanon that Freeza might bear some respect for Trunks' no-nonsense approach to killing him as swiftly as possible. Like Vegeta, he hates that Goku was soft enough to spare him on Namek and sees that as the ultimate insult to his pride.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sat May 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:53 pm In RoF, they said that they were unable to find him. Freeza's men think that he could be dead.
That is something I didn’t know, nor remember seeing. It’s interesting how they assume a Super Saiyan which to them would be god-like, is dead.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon May 24, 2021 5:16 pm

I always figure that as twisted as Freeza is, he still respects strength and power. Trunks showed up and beat his ass soundly and swiftly, with no shenanigans.

Goku was a saiyan he toyed around with at first. Then he launched an attack that actually seriously hurt him. Afterwards, goku spared him and even gave him some energy. Goku hurt Freeza both outside and inside. And in ways Freeza can not let go.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue May 25, 2021 3:23 pm

Super addresses this though. After Gotenks unfused, he sees Goten, who looks just like Goku, and Present Trunks, who looks just like the one who killed him. And he gets pissed off and not long after that Goku and Vegeta show up

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Wed May 26, 2021 1:21 am

Writting for 6 year old will do such things.
Hellsing

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:49 pm

Goku was the one that completely humiliated him, defeated his best men, killed his ego, ruined his plans and exposed him as not being invincible. Trunks just gave him a fright and then finished him off. Who would you be more mad at? Someone who completely ruined your life, or some dude that just randomly showed up and stabbed you?

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu May 27, 2021 6:13 am

Aim wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:31 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:53 pm In RoF, they said that they were unable to find him. Freeza's men think that he could be dead.
That is something I didn’t know, nor remember seeing.
Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen Resurrection F, but I don't remember that either.

Shinsa
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinsa » Thu May 27, 2021 11:42 am

Nosferatu93 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:21 am Writting for 6 year old will do such things.
LOL in the real world...yea i agree. Its just bad writing with the creators wanting to focus more on Goku as always rather then give other characters light.

Could have delved more into Frieza's PTSD being down right terrified of Sayians and resorting to shaddy and scummy tactics to get his revenge rather then the same old "blow the whole planet up" thing. But I guess training off screen for 4 months (which was far fetched) with a silly golden design is good enough right?

Also maybe when or if he sees kid Trunks his trauma and fear would kick back in.............

But I guess if we are supposed to make up for the lack of writing in the show then i'd assume Frieza's men tried to look for Trunks and possibly take revenge but couldn't find him so Frieza didn't care or forgot? (unlikely for his character or anyone)So with Frieza unable to take revenge on the guy who killed him he will take revenge on who broke his ego, and the place where his life was ended. At this point, Earth seems to be a haven for the last remaining Saiyans so he wants to humilate and then destory everything that belongs to them.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:59 pm

Frieza DID care about Future Trunks but he knew that if they could have found Future Trunks they would have.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat May 29, 2021 12:48 pm

Because no matter how far Gohan and Trunks can go, Freeza will always think of defeating their parents, the Saiyan he enslaved and the Saiyan who defeated him.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.