Did you like seeing Gotenks and Vegito in their base forms fight Boo?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Did you like seeing Gotenks and Vegito in their base forms fight Boo?

Post by precita » Mon May 17, 2021 9:54 am

In the manga Gotenks in his base form fighting Fat Boo is shown off-screen as a joke panel. And when Vegito appears in the manga, he immediately powers up to Super Saiyan to fight Boo from the start.

The manga gives 1 episode to each fusion in their base forms with black hair, where we see Gotenks fight Fat Boo at a seaport, and then we get to see Vegito in his base form fight Super Boo. I liked how the anime let us see their base forms actually do something, simply because I really like the black hair, and glad they got an episode to those designs before they went Super Saiyan.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Re: Did you like seeing Gotenks and Vegito in their base forms fight Boo?

Post by super michael » Mon May 17, 2021 10:15 am

No one knew a fused Base Saiyan was able to transform, Piccolo was surprise when Base Gotenk transformed into his Super Saiyan form.
That is why Piccolo said for them to fuse in their base form first and their second time to try fusing while transformed.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon May 17, 2021 11:32 am

super michael wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:15 am No one knew a fused Base Saiyan was able to transform, Piccolo was surprise when Base Gotenk transformed into his Super Saiyan form.
That is why Piccolo said for them to fuse in their base form first and their second time to try fusing while transformed.
I always found that weird, they have no precedent to assume they couldn't and it'd be more logical to assume they. Could.

I don't like it base vegetto should be too weak for buu that was pure Toei Saiyan wank. And it makes scaling from the idiotic kids buu is the strongest buu crowd even worse
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon May 17, 2021 5:25 pm

Sure, I like seeing battles escalate. For the love of all that's holy forget about power scaling for a moment.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon May 17, 2021 5:32 pm

I actually think it would have been awesome to see Vegetto for example to be so strong that SSJ wasn’t even necessary. We rarely see Saiyans with a base form so powerful that transforming isn’t necessary but I think it’s sick. We got a glimpse of it with Ultimate Gohan as well as Goku and Vegeta before Blue was the norm but I wish there was more of it.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:04 pm

Base Vegito fighting Buu was kinda pointless because he didn't need to fight in his base form. At least Base Gotenks vs. Buu give us on what the fight could have looked like in the manga.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue May 18, 2021 8:37 am

In story Goten and Trunks says that when they turn into Super Saiyan 3, that only gives them 5 minutes of fusion time. It makes sense not to turn into Super Saiyan 3 directly and use their lower form for 25 minutes, then at the final 5 minutes they turn Super Saiyan 3 and fight.

Although using Super Saiyan 1 doesn't reduce anyone fusion time.