Favorite Form?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Re: Favorite Form?

Post by Vijay » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:05 pm

Any time, SSJ3 Goku & DBZ M8 & 10 SSJ & LSSJ Broly

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:52 pm

As far as saiyans go, I like Super Saiyan 2 the most. I like that it's a kind of "perfect Super Saiyan" since it's a direct upgrade to Super Saiyan 1 that doesn't have any drawbacks (except for the stamina issues that Toriyama mentioned once in an interview but have never been brought up in the actual story ever), and it's the only advanced form that's like that. Everything else either has clear drawbacks (3, the grade forms) or calls upon another, separate power (4 with the monkey stuff, God and Blue with divine stuff). I also like that it's a subtle change from SS1, with just some spikier hair and an electric aura. It's a very Toriyama-esque, clean and simple transformation.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:34 pm

Favorite(s) SSJ1, SSJ3, and SSJ4

Least favorite, Bluer. (Blue Evolution)

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:51 pm

Yo'Goodfella wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:15 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:25 pm
Kinokima wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:07 am Games well specifically Dokkan have really made me appreciate SSJ4

But story wise the only forms that has any significance for me are SSJ and SSJ2
Why did Dokkan make you appreciate SSJ4?
I know he already responded, but Dokkan has given the SSJ4 form so much love recently, it's not even funny. It started with a newer SSJ4 Gogeta who is still a monster with pretty much no weaknesses and leads a category that includes all SSJ4s. Then the Heroes collab came, and with it 4 SSJ4s: Vegito, Gohan, Bardock and Broly. All at least very solid. And last, but not least, a very recent shared celebration which not only gave EZAs to SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta, two color leads renowned for their inpact at the time, but also introduced a new GT SSJ Goku and Vegeta which turn into their SSJ4 forms for their active skill. And all 4 of them are obscenely powerful.
No wonder the subreddit was filled with Monke memes.

Still, my favorite form is regular SSJ, more for the great moments I watched in my childhood than anything.
I can respect your favorite. And yeah SSJ4 is indeed an absolute BEAST!
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:35 am

Oh, you bet. It's become a top tier team for sure.

I'd say SSJ4 is my 2nd favorite for a similar reason as SSJ, Really got into the Shadow Dragon saga as a kid. Yet for some reason the one fight I remember the most is the one against Naturon.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

Wizard Sesame
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wizard Sesame » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:26 pm

Super Saiyan 4, 1, Blue Evolution, and Oozaru for the Saiyans. Frieza form 2 for Frieza. Toppo's God Form, Perfect Cell, Evil Buu for all others.

SuperSunnyDee

Post by SuperSunnyDee » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:56 am

My favorite forms are:

Super Saiyan Grade 4. I enjoy it as a concept, becoming so accustomed to a power that it becomes your default level, and are consequently able to gain more power from it when you exert yourself. I enjoy the gentler way eyes are drawn and the lighter shade of yellow.

Super Saiyan God. The ritual itself is whatever. I love this form mainly for its appearance. I adore the way it looks in Battle of Gods. The thinner physique, tanned skin, gentle red eyes, and hair color that’s a mix of red, magenta, and purple. I also like the flaming red aura and how it just lights up Goku’s attire to be a vibrant yellow-orange.

Ultra Instinct Omen. I like the white hair since it enjoy “pure” types of transformations, but I prefer the black haired version since I feel it had the best showcases of the form’s unique movements and is more in line with the idea of the transformation being a state of mind. I enjoy the wild hair, silver eyes, and aura. It’s raw but also has a sense of calm and focus. Like how a person focused on something may not notice when their appearance gets messed up. Love this form.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:16 pm

SSJ3 is still my favorite. That it is limited in every series adds to its uniqueness.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:36 pm

blacksymbiote wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:16 pm SSJ3 is still my favorite. That it is limited in every series adds to its uniqueness.
I've always loved Super Saiyan 3's look. The angrier face without the eyebrows and the long hair just looks super cool to me, especially whenever it was well drawn and had a good flow to it.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:39 am

Official:
1. Vegeta’s Dark SSB(E?) from SDBH
2. Ultra Instinct Omen
3. Super Saiyan 4

Fan-Made:
1. Super Saiyan 5
2. “Hakaishin” purple-haired Vegeta thats been floating around lately
3. Gohan SS White (aka “Gohan Blanco”)

Though, as always, the original super saiyan is iconic and wonderful. I like pretty much every Saiyan form that they’ve gotten in the series

Triggered Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by Triggered Vegeta » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Super Saiyan 2

What a beast of a form! Looks the best imo!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:35 pm

I actually like False SSJ more than ordinary SSJ since it looks like a warrior that has broken the boundaries of Saiyan limits and also looks like it is mad with fury. I wouldn't have minded if it ended up being the true SSJ design, though the gold hair is also awesome.
I can see why a similar look was incorporated into SSJ4 & SSJG.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:56 pm

Visually, I like Super Saiyan 3 the most, and I also think it jives well thematically with the bombastic shark-jumping self-paraodying nature of the Boo arc. But it's hard to ignore the genius simplicity and narrative impact the original Super Saiyan form had.

Out of the modern forms, I like Ultra Instinct the most even though it has been severely mishandled (though I guess that's par for the course for every form after SS1).

Goku da Silva

Post by Goku da Silva » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:33 pm

Super Saiyan, to me that's where DB should have finished.