Do you prefer manga to be weekly or monthly

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

Do you prefer manga to be weekly or monthly

Post by super michael » Fri May 21, 2021 12:46 pm

Just curious do you prefer the manga to be weekly or monthly? As we know Dragon Ball used to be a weekly manga, while Dragon Ball Super is monthly.

In my opinion both weekly and monthly has their advantage and disadvantage. When a manga is weekly that means we only need to wait for 1 week, so less waiting time to read the new chapter. However the disadvantage is there are normally 18-20 pages give or take.
Now monthly manga while we need to wait for 1 month, which mean we need to wait longer for the new chapter. When the chapter is out we get more pages to read on that chapter. I haven't counted the pages there are.

I think I prefer weekly since the wait is less, but that doesnt mean I don't like monthly.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Do you prefer manga to be weekly or monthly

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:50 pm

Without a doubt I'd prefer if it was weekly, it's kind of a no-brainer. If the manga is weekly then you're more interested in it, because you don't have to wait an entire month but only one week. And the reason why a lot of people (myself included) miss the anime is because it gave us weekly Dragon Ball content.

But I'm fine with it being monthly, since writing a weekly manga can be very stressful and miserable (as in the work conditions and time schedule are miserable). If the author prefers writing a monthly manga then I'll respect his wishes.

The Accountant
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Accountant » Sat May 22, 2021 3:59 am

I would prefer something in the middle of those two, maybe fortnightly.

BrBu

Post by BrBu » Wed May 26, 2021 9:26 am

Definitely weekly :D

Shobijin 小美人

Post by Shobijin 小美人 » Wed May 26, 2021 10:10 am

I prefer to just wait and buy the collected volumes. Same for anime.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed May 26, 2021 2:33 pm

If I don't consider the author's comfort, I prefer a little bit more weekly than having to wait a whole month without anything to have more in due time.

It's a bit nicer if you have a little bit more often than bigger amounts after a long time.
It keeps you fed.

But I understand how it can be nightmarish for authors to come up with a whole finished chapter in just a week and how it can burn them up quickly. So I get it and respect when they prefer to settle on a monthly schedule to make their job healthier.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed May 26, 2021 3:25 pm

I think I'm fine with either.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

TheQuestioner

Post by TheQuestioner » Sun May 30, 2021 3:17 am

Weekly. I'm ok with a small number of pages each week compared to monthly releases because weekly manga add up when they're done well.
"We don't have time to be fancy."