Favorite characters?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gohanhx

Re: Favorite characters?

Post by Gohanhx » Sun May 23, 2021 10:17 pm

It's gotta be Yajirobe.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sun May 23, 2021 11:58 pm

Not to put words in Silva's mouth but I'm pretty sure they don't mean they're a 1 to 1 with Roshi. Even the worst weirdos aren't as bad as Roshi. Remember how he shrunk himself so he could sit in the toilet and watch Bulma pee?
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon May 24, 2021 12:03 am

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:58 pm Not to put words in Silva's mouth but I'm pretty sure they don't mean they're a 1 to 1 with Roshi. Even the worst weirdos aren't as bad as Roshi. Remember how he shrunk himself so he could sit in the toilet and watch Bulma pee?
Yeah Roshi is really disgusting.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon May 24, 2021 12:28 am

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:58 pmEven the worst weirdos aren't as bad as Roshi.
You may want to hear what women say about harassment.

Anyway, I do hope I am misunderstanding him...
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Mon May 24, 2021 12:39 am

Yeah I assumed da Silva was just referring to himself as a pervert in general, not necessarily the particular kind of pervert that Roshi is.

Aside from that, it's okay if someone enjoys the character because of his perverted antics, including his most indefensible and criminal acts.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:58 pm Even the worst weirdos aren't as bad as Roshi. Remember how he shrunk himself so he could sit in the toilet and watch Bulma pee?
Nah, there are way worse creeps than Roshi. His stuff doesn't even begin to compare.

I don't think he was trying to watch her pee so much as he was trying to watch her undress. Either way, that's one of my favorite Roshi gags. It's almost like something you would catch on Nickelodeon back in the day.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon May 24, 2021 12:49 am

I got tired of Roshi's perversion a while back.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

nhienphan2808
Beyond Newbie

Post by nhienphan2808 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:54 am

Vegeta, Chichi, Piccolo, Present Trunks (minus GT). Goku - depends on his backstory and context of the arcs - It's Buu Saga that i like him most, and Super Anime Goku is not wrong or flanderized, he just lacked everything of those.
ShadowWolf87 wrote:Freeza beat Goku, beat Vegeta, and destroyed the Earth. Even if no one else knows it, who does? Goku.
Who gets told it's his fault for being so careless? Goku.
Who has to live with that similar to how he wanted to make Freeza live with the fact he'd been beaten by what he considered trash, and have to live with that shame? Goku.
Freeza got the perfect revenge.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon May 24, 2021 8:33 pm

So many characters are likeable, it's one of the great things about Dragon Ball, so it's tough to choose.
But Son Goku just has a certain magic to him as a character, even after all those years and all those new characters.
He's undoubtedly my favorite among "normal" characters.

Otherwise, if we're free to choose even "temporary" characters that exist only for a little while, it's Vegetto followed closely by the new Gogeta (the same person for me, but Vegetto has the benefit of having two bangs instead of one and a mix of Goku and Vegeta's clothes). Both are absolutely stunning in Super Saiyan Blue.

I must mention characters that have significantly upgraded over time though:

- Freeza is MUCH more interesting ever since he came back in the Tournament of Power. He was already more interesting in Resurrection F, but only power-wise thanks to his Golden Freeza form, since his behavior showed no real sign of evolution and he remained sort of okay for me, but that's it. However, HUGE improvement after that.

- C-17, another character brought back to relevance with a nice makeover both in his appearance and in his extremely enjoyable "no non-sense" yet peacekeeping attitude.

- Trunks was always stylish, but his Super appearance with blue hair is miles better than he ever was in Z and his "tragic longlasting survival" aspect was even reinforced as well.

Lots of characters have improved as well simply because of having extra background and layers added through the various new adventures (Krilin becoming a police officer, Ten Shin Han having his own dojo, etc...) and the way they all function as friends and family in Super really helps getting more attached than ever to all of them.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue May 25, 2021 3:59 am

I really like the Movie #20 depiction of Bardock. He's got a calm and weariness to him that really sets him a part from the other Saiyans. His desire to go beyond normal Saiyan ways and try something new--saving his son--is so sexy. Nozawa's performance was so sexy!!!!

I also like Tullece. Like her future Bardock there is a sort of subtlety to his voice and personality thank to Nozawa's performance. With Tullece you can really tell how much of a sadist he is. He really feels like a mirror Gokuu! Tullece's body is so hard and sexy! I want him to bite into me like he does the fruit of the Shinseiju. 😭😭
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue May 25, 2021 6:42 am

This is controversial but Son Goku is my favorite character.

Bulma, Kuririn* and Freeza are also always welcome on page or screen. I also think literally every central character in the Boo arc is just swell.

*Well, except when Kuririn is doing his repetitive confidence-regaining shtick or being exposition-man in the Super anime. So almost always.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue May 25, 2021 7:11 am

Going with Son Goku as well. He remains the most interesting and unpredictable character in the cast.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue May 25, 2021 5:05 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:49 pm tien and piccolo
Mostly these guys and Trunks. Cell is my favorite villain. I like Goku Black as well, but only when Nozawa-san is voicing him. I'm a huge Yamcha mark too. Anytime he does something cool it gets a good response from me.

Piccolo is one of the most interesting characters in fiction and has such a great design. If DB was ever rebooted from the ground up, I'd love more of a focus on Piccolo's history and life.

I love a lot of the support characters as well.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Tue May 25, 2021 5:34 pm

BWri wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:05 pm
PurestEvil wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:49 pm tien and piccolo
Mostly these guys and Trunks. Cell is my favorite villain. I like Goku Black as well, but only when Nozawa-san is voicing him. I'm a huge Yamcha mark too. Anytime he does something cool it gets a good response from me.

Piccolo is one of the most interesting characters in fiction and has such a great design. If DB was ever rebooted from the ground up, I'd love more of a focus on Piccolo's history and life.

I love a lot of the support characters as well.
Piccolo is certainly a very interesting character. The lore that he carries himself (nameless namekian, Kami, etc) fascinates me.
King Piccolo is my personal favorite villain, in addition.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue May 25, 2021 5:40 pm

My favorite characters are these below:

- Future Trunks
- Goku (except DBS Anime)
- Gohan
- Goten
- Trunks
- Piccolo
- Vegeta
- Cell

BWri

Post by BWri » Tue May 25, 2021 9:01 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:34 pm Piccolo is certainly a very interesting character. The lore that he carries himself (nameless namekian, Kami, etc) fascinates me.
King Piccolo is my personal favorite villain, in addition.
Right! He's a walking, talking mythology onto himself -- being that he's God, the Demon King, a reincarnation, and ultimately the fully formed whole of the two, and though he's not exactly the creator of the Dragon Balls like we once thought, his connection to them is a point of interest.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Goku da Silva

Post by Goku da Silva » Sat May 29, 2021 8:41 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:05 pm That's irrelevant. What I don't like and is utterly unacceptable is to be a pervert "like Muten Roshi" (as you describe yourself), who keeps consistently harassing women.

Please reconsider why you like the character.
Hahaha, you're one prudish mate! Don't know what you're missing... :lol:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 29, 2021 10:17 pm

Toriyama and JUMP editorial should be blamed for placing Roushi in a kid's comic. They made a poor decision making him into a sex pest considering the context of the work.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat May 29, 2021 10:30 pm

Roshi is annoying.

Broly has the most interesting potential. If only the new Broly still had his tail.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:59 am

Goku (more so as a child than as an adult)
Piccolo
Cyborg 18
Fat Boo

I would put Kame Sennin the mentor but Kame Sennin the sexual predator kinds of cancels him out.

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:30 am

I did mention in another similar topic that Roshi was one of my favourites. However, those more recent episodes have me conflicted a bit... I still can't quite figure out if he will actually stop with his... Desires.

The latest of his acts was with Caway, wasn't it? I'm still not sure if he actually caved in or if it was all a scheme.

Rozie and Broly still remain favourites of mine, as well as Vados.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.