Favorite characters?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kappa
Not-So-Newbie

Favorite characters?

Post by Kappa » Sat May 22, 2021 12:24 pm

-Goten
-Trunks
-Android 17
-Gotenks
-Gohan
-Zamasu
-Caulifla
-Kale
-Kefla
-Piccolo
-Baby Vegeta
-Hit
-Broly
-Bardock
Last edited by Kappa on Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 25 times in total.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Favorite characters?

Post by Trouser » Sat May 22, 2021 12:36 pm

Every version of Trunks and Goku (except Goku from DBS).
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:17 pm

Without a doubt it would have to be Zamasu, he is not only the best villain in Dragon Ball but also the most well-written and complex. This naturally includes Goku Black, as he is Zamasu. However design-wise he is my least favourite version of Zamasu, simply because I prefer the "Rogue Supreme Kai" design over the "Dark Goku" design.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat May 22, 2021 3:35 pm

Broly is my favorite of all.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sat May 22, 2021 4:05 pm

I think it's gotta be either Colonel Silver or farmer with a shotgun

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat May 22, 2021 4:39 pm

Oolong and teenage Bulma.

Just the worst people. Love them to bits.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat May 22, 2021 4:49 pm

tien and piccolo
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat May 22, 2021 5:09 pm

When I say Broly I don't make a distinction between the two main Broly's. The original and DBS one. I love them both.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sat May 22, 2021 5:10 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:09 pm When I say Broly I don't make a distinction between the two main Broly's. The original and DBS one. I love them both.
A rarer sight than a unicorn

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat May 22, 2021 5:14 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:10 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:09 pm When I say Broly I don't make a distinction between the two main Broly's. The original and DBS one. I love them both.
How is liking both Broly's rare?

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sat May 22, 2021 5:43 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:14 pm
Most people I encountered who spoke about Broly only like one over (sometimes hating) the other. I have not seen anyone else say they love both iterations.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat May 22, 2021 7:14 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:43 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Most people I encountered who spoke about Broly only like one over (sometimes hating) the other. I have not seen anyone else say they love both iterations.
Ah I see. Well older Broly is cool and he has access to my favorite Super Saiyan form and he has a tail. But new Broly is more interesting and impossibly strong.

Shinsa
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinsa » Sat May 22, 2021 8:49 pm

DB and DBZ Goku - NOT Goku from Super! Like I said in another threat, he's a Gary Stu, good at everything and full of deus ex machina...but there is something so charming about the original Goku which made me love the series.
Kid Gohan - He was a special character back in the day with lots of potential until Toriyama dropped the ball during the Buu arc.
Vegeta - Possibly one of the most deep characters in the series....has so much potenial to go even farther and expanding him as well if Toriyama or Toei would allow it.
Piccolo - Has always been a badass to me in DB/Z and I love his design/voice/animation. I even like him becoming a mentor as every character doesnt need to be "powerful" as strength comes in more ways then another.
Roshi - I grew up with many Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee and Jet li movies and many of them are what Roshi was influenced by. While being inappropriate for todays standards he was a product of its time. In DB he was pervy yes but wise, strong and a mentor.
Frieza - My Fav villian in all of DB, he was scary, unstoppable and creepy from DBZ not from Super. I hate what they did to his character but they did him better then Goku atleast....
Future Trunk - Again from DBZ and not from Super. His story with the Trunks special made his reality very dire with a timeline in which the main characters died. That ontop of his sword or when he first got Saiyan armor made him super badass as a kid.
Bardock - From the DBZ and not minus. Always loved the rough around the edges character like him :)

Ill also add I like all the females in the series such as Bulma, Chi Chi, Videl and 18. Toriyama isnt good at writing females but he does have little bits of brilliants here or there.

Bulma - i like that shes a scientist that isn't afraid to talk back to the prince of Sayians.
Chi Chi - I liked that at one point she was pretty much one of the strongest females in the world during the world tournament
Videl - During the Buu saga i liked her and Gohans dynamic when they first meet. How she was investigating and also training under him.
18 - One of the few female villans that was cool but also had growth. She was also scary in the Trunks special but changed/less evil in the normal timeline.

Goku da Silva

Post by Goku da Silva » Sat May 22, 2021 9:27 pm

1 - Son Goku (he's simple the best caracter ever created in the history of manga);
2 - Kame Sennin (i'm a pervert like him, plus he has the best life style, also he seens to be immortal...);
3 - Vegetta;
4 - Tao Pai Pai (i just can't explain...);
5 - Freeza (the ultimate villan).

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:31 pm

Frieza certainly is the perfect villain. Brutal, sadistic, dangerous, charismatic, and pure evil to the core. While he isn't as complicated as some great villains he is still a perfect villain.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 22, 2021 9:40 pm

Goku da Silva wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:27 pm2 - Kame Sennin (i'm a pervert like him,
Huh... Excuse me? :|
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat May 22, 2021 10:41 pm

As you can probably tell from my signature, my favourite character is... Exactly, it's Vegeta!
What? Yeah, I find Bulla extremely adorable, but she's not much of a character. And I'm not taking GT into account.
No, but seriously. I like Piccolo a lot, I like Future Trunks, I like Krillin and Gohan and Beerus and Whis and Bulma and Frieza and Goku and so on and so on, but Vegeta's at the top. I love his characterisation and development throughout the series (save maybe for some parts of the Cell arc). I'm mainly talking about Vegeta in Z, just to be clear, rather than Vegeta from GT or Super.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

GrandpaFrieza123

Post by GrandpaFrieza123 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:41 am

Future Trunks, Frieza, Vegeta, Hercule/Mr. Satan, Android 17, Krillin and Piccolo
On his 18th birthday, Goku (Justin Chatwin) receives a mystical Dragonball as a gift from his grandfather. There are only six others like it in the whole world, and legend has it that whomever possesses all seven will be granted one perfect wish. When the arrival of a dark force triggers a tragedy, Goku and his companions (Chow Yun-Fat, Emmy Rossum) are propelled into an epic quest to collect the seven Dragonballs and save the Earth from destruction.

Goku da Silva

Post by Goku da Silva » Sun May 23, 2021 8:49 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:40 pm
Goku da Silva wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:27 pm2 - Kame Sennin (i'm a pervert like him,
Huh... Excuse me? :|
Don't you like women mate?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 23, 2021 9:05 pm

That's irrelevant. What I don't like and is utterly unacceptable is to be a pervert "like Muten Roshi" (as you describe yourself), who keeps consistently harassing women.

Please reconsider why you like the character.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~