Future Gohan and his scars

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Future Gohan and his scars

Post by Trouser » Fri May 28, 2021 3:26 am

Hello. There is something I find quite interesting... Why is Future Gohan presented today with both arms and scars? He got this scars when he was blasted protecting Trunks. He got them and lost his arm. I know it's a silly question, but it bothers me a little. Does anyone know why is that? Is it some cultural change (like Piccolo and his fingers) or is it just coincidence?
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Re: Future Gohan and his scars

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri May 28, 2021 7:08 am

May I just ask where he presented today with scars and both arms? I legitimately don't know where we would come across future Gohan.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri May 28, 2021 7:20 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:08 am May I just ask where he presented today with scars and both arms? I legitimately don't know where we would come across future Gohan.
Sure. It's not that big of a deal but I'm just curious why he is presented that way. Here are some screenshots from Xenoverse 2, Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Shin Budokai and Legends:

"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri May 28, 2021 7:38 am

Trouser wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:26 am Hello. There is something I find quite interesting... Why is Future Gohan presented today with both arms and scars? He got this scars when he was blasted protecting Trunks. He got them and lost his arm. I know it's a silly question, but it bothers me a little. Does anyone know why is that? Is it some cultural change (like Piccolo and his fingers) or is it just coincidence?
The arm is retarded censorship.
I think it's the same as piccolos finger count, something to do with Asian criminals cutting off limbs or soemthing.

The games often show him only Using one arm, alluding to the truth.

In the manga we know he lost his arm to the androids, but not when or how, the scars aren't explained but he probably got them from the androids too maybe on a seperate occasion. The TV special is not canon.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:51 pm

Trouser wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:20 am
TheGreatness25 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:08 am May I just ask where he presented today with scars and both arms? I legitimately don't know where we would come across future Gohan.
Sure. It's not that big of a deal but I'm just curious why he is presented that way. Here are some screenshots from Xenoverse 2, Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Shin Budokai and Legends:

Ohhhhh in the video games? I don't really count those. If I had to guess, it's because the scars are a very defining trait and one arm is too difficult to program fighting mechanics for.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sat May 29, 2021 3:43 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:51 pm
Trouser wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:20 am

Ohhhhh in the video games? I don't really count those. If I had to guess, it's because the scars are a very defining trait and one arm is too difficult to program fighting mechanics for.
Animating one harm is probably easier to be honest.