You get a wish from Shenron

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: You get a wish from Shenron

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:13 am

But I wanna be a Kamen Rider. 😭😭😭
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:51 am

I would wish there was a cure to all diseases in this world, specially cancer and Alzheimer.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:05 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:51 am I would wish there was a cure to all diseases in this world, specially cancer and Alzheimer.
That is one of the wish that no amount of money can ever give. Money can’t cure someone of every illness or disease or regenerate lost limbs. Money can’t extend life span or regenerate internal organs to last longer or return one youth.

Money wish will never give me what I truly want.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:04 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:51 am I would wish there was a cure to all diseases in this world, specially cancer and Alzheimer.
Sadly there a downside to this wish. Get ride of diseases and you get ride of one of the few things left in the world that can have a natural, tangible control of the human population. Without disease the population will explode even faster and on top of that it will also have a faster growing elderly population.

To look at a previous wish idea, this counters any attempt to save animals on the verge of extinction as the humanity will, as it always dose, priorities itself when push comes to shove.

So then the question is asked, what do you do when the number of humans eventually exceeds all support?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:04 am

Sadly there a downside to this wish. Get ride of diseases and you get ride of one of the few things left in the world that can have a natural, tangible control of the human population. Without disease the population will explode even faster and on top of that it will also have a faster growing elderly population.

To look at a previous wish idea, this counters any attempt to save animals on the verge of extinction as the humanity will, as it always dose, priorities itself when push comes to shove.

So then the question is asked, what do you do when the number of humans eventually exceeds all support?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:33 am

Lord Frieza wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:04 am
I mean people are procreating less and less so there’s that.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:21 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:33 am
That's a very fixable issue though, it'll just require some extreme reprogramming to reverse a lot of modern society's indoctrinations on "Independence" instead of "interdependence" when it comes to thriving families and communities.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:38 am

Putting aside the creepy pro-eugenics post for a moment to piggyback off of you: technological advances are why we no longer have people having large families. The "humans need to be culled!" Argument is ridiculous and holds zero water.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:48 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:21 am

That's a very fixable issue though, it'll just require some extreme reprogramming to reverse a lot of modern society's indoctrinations on "Independence" instead of "interdependence" when it comes to thriving families and communities.
Yeah but I am 100 percent pro people not having children for the sake of having children.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:15 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:48 am

Yeah but I am 100 percent pro people not having children for the sake of having children.
Not quite sure what you mean, elaborate a little.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:23 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:15 am
MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:48 am

Not quite sure what you mean, elaborate a little.
People. Should. Not. Have. Kids. Just. Because. Society. Expects them to.

Some people clearly have no business being parents.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:56 am

I agree, but there are more people who do want kids and a family than there are people who don’t. Certain standards or expectations exist for a reason.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:00 pm

Are they? or do you mean people in the west are? In many third world countries they certainly are not but then again this is to match their horrific death rates so it could even out. Then again looking at your later posts, while I totally agree some people are not fit, nor will ever be fit, to have kids how are you going to stop them without making them?

An intreasting idea, but certainly not one many people will go along with. Calling it "reprogramming" will put a lot of people's backs up for a start. Also would such ideal not lead to a far less empathetic culture?
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:38 am

Putting aside the creepy pro-post for a moment to piggyback off of you: technological advances are why we no longer have people having large families. The "humans need to be culled!" Argument is ridiculous and holds zero water.
Edit: I'm retracting what I posted here as I want to better understand what you said and if it was aimed at my post at all.

Edit 2: I'm not for culling or eugenics of any kind. Why I ask why is because this is very, very complex issue with many parts. One umbrella wish may not help as much as you think it might, and may bring it's own problems in the long run.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:14 pm

@Lord Frieza, do you have anyone close to you that died from cancer or has Alzheimer or has AIDS? (Out of curiosity)
Last edited by Hugo Boss on Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:15 pm

Alright then, how about we use up that wish to finish what zamasu started, if we are getting our knickers twisted over overpopulation?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:24 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:00 pm

Are they? or do you mean people in the west are? In many third world countries they certainly are not but then again this is to match their horrific death rates so it could even out.
You do know it’s not just the west that is seeing declining birth rates, right?

Then again looking at your later posts, while I totally agree some people are not fit, nor will ever be fit, to have kids how are you going to stop them without making them?
Not remotely the point I was making. Nobody can or should stop people from having kids if that’s what they want. The point is we should not be ACTIVELY ENCOURAGING people to have kids. We should not put pressure on people who don’t desire children to have children. We should not act like someone (especially womens) life is unfulfilled if they don’t procreate

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:14 pm @Lord Frieza, do you have anyone close to you that died from cancer or has Alzheimer or has AIDS? (Out of curiosity)
Twice to cancer and far to many people from Alzheimers. All cruel ways to die, my dog actually has terminal cancer right now.

From my point of view, and I am completely irreligious I'll have you know, virus and cancer are part of life. A horrible part but they have their place. Nature is not all sunshine and rainbows, is ugly and painful also. Life on this planet evolved into a system of balance, but one not actually set by any other law then the laws of cause and effect. Hell the whole universe dances to that tune. It's not perfect but thats how it works. We humans, in our natural setting, should be dead by about 30 or so, long befor cancer can get us. Yet as we live longer they become an issue. You take them away and what other price are we going to pay for living longer and healthier? Hell to primitive humans we would seem immortal given that we live longer then three or four of their generations.

I'd like to think that we could put are minds to better things if we didn't have to worry about every disease, but their is always a price to be payed. Our planet and it's bio-diversity is the monument to that fact, as our success made it that way. As I was typing befor you posted, their is currently no way to leave this world, no way to magically fix it and as it stand nowhere to go. Also our current climate crisis shares some bad similarities to the Permian mass extinction, which killed 90% of all life on this planet.

Sorry if thats a bit incoherent, it's just well theres is never a one all fix to anything from my perspective. You tip the scales to far one way and crap hits the fan. It's not that I want people to suffer, I really don't, I've seen to much of it in short time on this planet, but you throw a giant stone like that in the lake, who knows what bad ripples may come back to haunt you.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:50 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:24 pm
Lord Frieza wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:00 pm

Are they? or do you mean people in the west are? In many third world countries they certainly are not but then again this is to match their horrific death rates so it could even out.
You do know it’s not just the west that is seeing declining birth rates, right?
Actually no I didn't know that. Could you explain more please?

Then again looking at your later posts, while I totally agree some people are not fit, nor will ever be fit, to have kids how are you going to stop them without making them?
Not remotely the point I was making. Nobody can or should stop people from having kids if that’s what they want. The point is we should not be ACTIVELY ENCOURAGING people to have kids. We should not put pressure on people who don’t desire children to have children. We should not act like someone (especially womens) life is unfulfilled if they don’t procreate
[/quote]

Thank you for clearing that up.
PurestEvil wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:15 pm Alright then, how about we use up that wish to finish what zamasu started, if we are getting our knickers twisted over overpopulation?
I'd say no to that give that, as it stand, we' the re only planet with advanced life on it in the known universe. Better to take care of it then whip it out.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:58 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:50 pm

East Asia is seeing declining birth rates as well. It’s not exclusively a western phenomenon.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:59 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:58 pm
Lord Frieza wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:50 pm

East Asia is seeing declining birth rates as well. It’s not exclusively a western phenomenon.
I'll have to look that up, thanks for the info.