You get a wish from Shenron

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: You get a wish from Shenron

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:21 pm

Yuji wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:31 pm
PurestEvil wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:45 am
Yuji wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:11 am Assuming Shenlong can grant it, then solving the climate crisis is probably top of my list right now. After that, we can get to work in dismantling industry and technology.
Why dismantle the industry? Do you prefer living with an 1880s economy?
The industrial system is almost single-handedly responsible for the climate crisis. A serious reconstruction is needed or, if that fails to change our fundamental views in regards to machinery, technology and their relation to nature and our minds, complete destruction.

The 1880s were the birth of the second industrial revolution, so I'd rather we not imitate it again.
Reconstruction is feasible, but destruction is a Ted kaczynski pipe dream.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:51 pm

Why not just wish for the planet to naturally restore itself and reverse the effects of anthropogenic climate change once every year?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:54 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:51 pm Why not just wish for the planet to naturally restore itself and reverse the effects of anthropogenic climate change once every year?
That sounds like too far for Shenlong. Porunga needs a lot of time to restore the planet from destruction. This is effectively the same on a lesser, more immediate scale but for all eternity.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:14 pm

All humans are invincible.

We would no longer require food. We would immune to cancer/disease/illness/deformities because of our insane regeneration factor.

There would be no more violence. Other people could no longer harm each other. Not with missiles, radiation, weapons, or anything. The only thing that could be damaged would be "things" and property. We could move beyond scarcity based economics and explore space.

I imagine everyone being like superman, without the super strength or the powers to destroy.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:34 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:14 pm 1) hire somebody to build a Dragon Radar
Fuck that's a good point lol
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:06 pm

Yuji wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:54 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:51 pm Why not just wish for the planet to naturally restore itself and reverse the effects of anthropogenic climate change once every year?
That sounds like too far for Shenlong. Porunga needs a lot of time to restore the planet from destruction. This is effectively the same on a lesser, more immediate scale but for all eternity.
Porunga restored the Earth from being completely blown to smithereens. Doing this would be a lot easier.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Goku da Silva

Post by Goku da Silva » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:13 pm

Well... Like my favorite villan would say: Eternal youth!!

SuperSunnyDee

Post by SuperSunnyDee » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:08 pm

I’m not even gonna front, I’d go the Bulma route and wish for my most compatible girlfriend.

Or a lifetime supply of mangos.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:10 pm

SuperSunnyDee wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:08 pm I’m not even gonna front, I’d go the Bulma route and wish for my most compatible girlfriend.

Those are...very different wishes. :lol:
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

SuperSunnyDee

Post by SuperSunnyDee » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:33 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:10 pm
SuperSunnyDee wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:08 pm I’m not even gonna front, I’d go the Bulma route and wish for my most compatible girlfriend.

Those are...very different wishes. :lol:
It’s not THAT different! Bulma and I want someone to love and a lifetime supply of snacks. And really, how are those two any different in their results? Lol

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:32 pm

Yo, wishing for the perfect boyfriend is some good shit I tell you what. 😎
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:14 am

I was thinking of immortality, because it's just a straight-forward wish. As kids everyone wants to be immortal, but then you grow-up and realize: is it really worth it? I mean imagine outliving all your friends and relatives, imagine watching everyone you've known die while you keep living until you're the only one left. That's got to be very depressing.

So I'd probably just make a selfless wish like protecting all humans from major illnesses (cancers, viruses, etc.) or getting rid of coronavirus. I'd be dumb to only think about myself if I were able to make any wish, like I'd literally have the chance to improve mankind forever.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:50 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:14 am I was thinking of immortality, because it's just a straight-forward wish. As kids everyone wants to be immortal, but then you grow-up and realize: is it really worth it? I mean imagine outliving all your friends and relatives, imagine watching everyone you've known die while you keep living until you're the only one left. That's got to be very depressing.

So I'd probably just make a selfless wish like protecting all humans from major illnesses (cancers, viruses, etc.) or getting rid of coronavirus. I'd be dumb to only think about myself if I were able to make any wish, like I'd literally have the chance to improve mankind forever.
Here would be a good wish for immortality and eternal youth, “I wish for the knowledge in making a medicine/item for immortality/eternal youth”. That way you know the materials how to make said item/medicine for immortality/eternal youth along with knowing how to make it.

Then anyone can have immortality/eternal youth.

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:31 am

I thought about this for a while, and it's quite hard to decide something that is worth the wish, but not worldchanging as you don't quite know what happens afterwards of if Shenron is even able to grant a wish of such magnitude as ending world hunger.

So, as something not too risky, I would wish for all those lying, super fake, infuriating and embarrassing game ads that corporations throw at you.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:28 am

Yo'Goodfella wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:31 amSo, as something not too risky, I would wish for all those lying, super fake, infuriating and embarrassing game ads that corporations throw at you.
You would wish for all of them? So you would constantly get every single such ad in the world? That's a weird wish.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:41 am

Why not wish for Shenron to be free? He lives in magical balls all year round and is only let out for a moment just to grant some peckerhead's selfish desire. Shenron could probably do a lot more for the world or even the universe if he wasn't trapped in a singular purpose for all eternity.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:41 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:28 am
Yo'Goodfella wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:31 amSo, as something not too risky, I would wish for all those lying, super fake, infuriating and embarrassing game ads that corporations throw at you.
You would wish for all of them? So you would constantly get every single such ad in the world? That's a weird wish.
Yes, get them all to me, all at once, so no one else has to suffer!

In all seriousness, I seriously goofed up my writing, it had to say "to banish" the ads. But I forgot to write it. Today's a funky day.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:46 am

Very simple - to be able to fly.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:23 pm

I would wish for true justice, to make the world a pleasant place for everyone.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:08 pm

ABED wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:46 am Very simple - to be able to fly.
Save on gas and vehicle maintenance expenses. Wise man