How strong would Goten, Trunks and Gotenks be if they trained 1 year instead of 1 week?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

How strong would Goten, Trunks and Gotenks be if they trained 1 year instead of 1 week?

Post by super michael » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:39 pm

Let says the Z fighters and Videl manage to change Super Buu mind to allow the boys to train in the ROSAT for 1 year, how strong would they get?

In my opinion I think as individuals they would have Super Saiyan 2/3 and be stronger than Goku/Gohan. As Gotenks they would be stronger than Vegito by a lot. Goten and Trunks are the only fighters to train as individual and fused, being hybrid Saiyans is a huge bonus.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How strong would Goten, Trunks and Gotenks be if they trained 1 year instead of 1 week?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:45 pm

SS3 Gotenks would definitely be stronger than Ultimate Gohan, possibly even Buutenks.

As for the boys individually, I'd think they 'd have SS2 and likely be on par with Cell.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How strong would Goten, Trunks and Gotenks be if they trained 1 year instead of 1 week?

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:47 pm

They wouldn't reach SSJ2. They're just training and don't have any major emotional crisis in the ROSAT, and they don't have the intelligence/discipline to train themselves into SSJ2 like Goku and Vegeta were barely able to do.

SSJ1 Goten and Trunks would be a lot stronger but not as strong as SSJ1 Goku and Vegeta currently. Pre-training Goten was stated to be on par with rusty Gohan, who was below his Cell Games self. Goten and Trunks are therefore starting around Cell Games Goku level. Goku had seven years to train before Boo, I don't think the boys would replicate seven years of training in just one.

Gotenks would probably end up being Ultimate Gohan level, which is enough to drastically shift the course story, but he ain't touching Vegetto.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:34 pm

nickzambuto wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:47 pm They wouldn't reach SSJ2. They're just training and don't have any major emotional crisis in the ROSAT,
Goku and Vegeta didn't.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:08 am

super michael wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:39 pm Let says the Z fighters and Videl manage to change Super Buu mind to allow the boys to train in the ROSAT for 1 year, how strong would they get?

In my opinion I think as individuals they would have Super Saiyan 2/3 and be stronger than Goku/Gohan. As Gotenks they would be stronger than Vegito by a lot. Goten and Trunks are the only fighters to train as individual and fused, being hybrid Saiyans is a huge bonus.
They'll likely surpass Vegito in terms of raw power due to their hybrid gene. Skills & experience may need few more years of practice for them

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:38 pm

Kakarot and Vegeta didn't barely achieve SSJ2. Also I do agree though that Goten and Trunks don't have the discipline needed to train for a year.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:44 pm

Knowing that SSJ2 & SSJ3 existed and having achieved them through Gotenks, it shouldn't have been a problem for the boys to learn the forms as individuals. I suppose they only didn't because using stronger forms through Gotenks was significantly more useful than trying to fight as individuals which honestly, is kind of smart in the sense that they could get the jump on an opponent who thought they were just a couple of weaklings and then underestimated their fusion. Unfortunately, Goten & Trunks are still so immature that using such a strategy is kind of wasted.
Anyways, had Goten & Trunks trained the whole year, they definitely could've caught up to their fathers at the very least. Gotenks as a fusion isn't even 1/10th as strong as Vegetto or Gogeta but Goku & Vegeta's fusion synergy is just on a whole nother level. A longer trained Gotenks could have been on par with Bootenks, negating the need for Ultimate Gohan.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:16 am

nickzambuto wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:47 pm. Pre-training Goten was stated to be on par with rusty Gohan, who was below his Cell Games self.
When was this stated?

Piccolo is stronger than Goten and Trunks by evidence of whose clothes Boo takes on when Gotenks fusion ends inside of him.

Dabura is stated to be as strong as Perfect Cell who a rusty Gohan is now even with.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:02 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:16 am
nickzambuto wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:47 pm. Pre-training Goten was stated to be on par with rusty Gohan, who was below his Cell Games self.
When was this stated?

Piccolo is stronger than Goten and Trunks by evidence of whose clothes Boo takes on when Gotenks fusion ends inside of him.

Dabura is stated to be as strong as Perfect Cell who a rusty Gohan is now even with.

Goten and Trunks were in Base form inside Super Buu body.

When Base Goten and Base Trunks fuse they turn into Base Gotenks, when Gotenks unfuse they revert back to Base Goten and Trunks.

When Super Saiyan Goten and Trunks fuse they turn into Super Saiyan Gotenks, when Super Saiyan Gotenks unfuse they revert back to Super Saiyan Goten and Trunks.

Piccolo > Goten and Trunks in their base form.
Super Saiyan Goten and Trunks > Piccolo.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:54 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:34 pm
nickzambuto wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:47 pm They wouldn't reach SSJ2. They're just training and don't have any major emotional crisis in the ROSAT,
Goku and Vegeta didn't.
The very next sentence of my post explained this. "they don't have the intelligence/discipline to train themselves into SSJ2 like Goku and Vegeta were barely able to do."

It takes a lot of skill to train yourself to such a level. I don't think the kids could do it if Goku and Vegeta only barely did it after years.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:57 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:16 am
When was this stated?

When Gohan is training with Goten for the tournament, Gohan states that Goten is his equal.

The guidebooks also state that Goten was equal to Gohan at that point in time (during their training for the tournament)

Of course this is only in base and SSJ1. Goten doesn't have a SSJ2.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:23 pm

nickzambuto wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:54 pm
Goku and Vegeta didn't.
The very next sentence of my post explained this. "they don't have the intelligence/discipline to train themselves into SSJ2 like Goku and Vegeta were barely able to do."

It takes a lot of skill to train yourself to such a level. I don't think the kids could do it if Goku and Vegeta only barely did it after years.
How do you know they were "barely" able to turn SSJ2? We didn't see the initial transformation, nor long how it look.

The closest thing we have is Goku saying "I didn't have much time to practice this one" referring to SSJ3.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:24 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:23 pm
nickzambuto wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:54 pm

Goku and Vegeta didn't.

How do you know they were "barely" able to turn SSJ2? We didn't see the initial transformation, nor long how it look.

The closest thing we have is Goku saying "I didn't have much time to practice this one" referring to SSJ3.
Well Vegeta's SSJ2 was pretty weak at the start of the Boo arc since he needed Majin to boost him. And that is with seven years.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:26 am

The boys weren't that strong. They couldn't even one shot #18. After a year of training, logically they'd be stronger than Gohan but weaker than both Goku and Vegeta. They also wouldn't get access to SSJ2 due to lack of knowledge and lack of motivation since no one had died before they went into the RoSaT.

If any of the adult fighters had gone in with them, the boys would be able to get much stronger but by themselves they'd simply lack too much knowledge to train effectively. Gotenks on the other hand would probably be at least 10x stronger with even more strange and destructive techniques.

I think the boys would've went from Android Arc SSJ levels to Cell games MSSJ levels based on their high potentials. Gotenks would've went from Super Buu level to surpassing Buutenks. They'd still be much weaker than Vegetto though.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:28 am

With the show being the way it is, I guess we'll never know.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:08 pm

BWri wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:26 am The boys weren't that strong. They couldn't even one shot #18. After a year of training, logically they'd be stronger than Gohan but weaker than both Goku and Vegeta. They also wouldn't get access to SSJ2 due to lack of knowledge and lack of motivation since no one had died before they went into the RoSaT.

If any of the adult fighters had gone in with them, the boys would be able to get much stronger but by themselves they'd simply lack too much knowledge to train effectively. Gotenks on the other hand would probably be at least 10x stronger with even more strange and destructive techniques.

I think the boys would've went from Android Arc SSJ levels to Cell games MSSJ levels based on their high potentials. Gotenks would've went from Super Buu level to surpassing Buutenks. They'd still be much weaker than Vegetto though.
That's not true, Chichi was murdered in front of Goten.

The gap between Gohan and the dad's is not THAT big, either Goten and Trunks don't get that much stronger because fans are highballing them before they go in, believing retarded shit like they are stronger than piccolo, and they don't know how to train well,

...or they blow past them all because of the massive amount of time they have and their hybrid potential.

They made decent gains in a short time but who's to say that rate of growth would be constant.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:35 pm

SSj3 Gotenks would probably finish Super Buu way faster.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:52 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:08 pm That's not true, Chichi was murdered in front of Goten.
Oh yeah, she died before everyone else. I forgot about that.
The gap between Gohan and the dad's is not THAT big,

I think they're likely at least twice as strong as Gohan in equal forms. Vegeta is completely unimpressed with him and believes himself to be superior to peak Gohan.
either Goten and Trunks don't get that much stronger because fans are highballing them before they go in, believing retarded shit like they are stronger than piccolo, and they don't know how to train well,

...or they blow past them all because of the massive amount of time they have and their hybrid potential.

They made decent gains in a short time but who's to say that rate of growth would be constant.
They managed a lot on their own in the story (surprisingly), but they're still kids with little formal martial arts training, so outside of Gotenks I don't see them mastering SSJ forms on their own. But I can see them getting much much stronger just sparring all the time and getting constant zenkais.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:55 am

Goten was trained as a martial artist by Chi Chi, that is something that Goten has. Trunks was trained by Vegeta who was really good at ki control and ki attack. Goten and Trunks trained together, so they would learn from each other.

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:02 pm

super michael wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:55 am Goten was trained as a martial artist by Chi Chi, that is something that Goten has. Trunks was trained by Vegeta who was really good at ki control and ki attack. Goten and Trunks trained together, so they would learn from each other.
Yes, but as we see, Goten's training is quite limited since he still cannot even fly. Gohan did step in to teach him more, admittedly, but only for a short amount of time. I do think they would learn from one another but there seems to be a limit on the knowledge they possess even combined. Even chi blasts seems novel to them by the time of the tournament so in essence, they're greener than Gohan was at 5 years old. Goten couldn't even control his so its safe to assume that Chi-Chi only taught Goten the basics.

Trunks is the anomaly. It's difficult to pinpoint just how much he knows. He seems somewhat savvy and he definitely knows the basics but it also seems like Vegeta didn't teach him advanced chi attacks like Galick Ho. He can easily read chi though.

Trunks also knows how the Kamehameha is pronounced so maybe Geets taught him what the moves are but never taught him how to perform them or maybe Gohan showed him the Kamehameha one time. It all comes across like Vegeta only taught Trunks things in passing whenever Trunks dropped in on his training sessions and Trunks picked up some stuff naturally. We never see Kid Trunks use any of Vegeta's techniques in canon.