"Live Action Dragon Ball Z Movie"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CaJae10

"Live Action Dragon Ball Z Movie"

Post by CaJae10 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:20 pm

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/zack-s ... -director/

If this isn't real you can lock this mods.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Live Action Dragon Ball Z Movie"

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:25 pm

I mean this in the nicest way possible and hoping this doesn’t come off as too rude but...

Did you even read the article you linked to? Or at least the headline?

Some youtuber asked Zack Snyder if he would direct a Dragon Ball Z movie. Snyder said he’s open to it.

And that’s it. There’s no news. There’s nothing to be real or fake. It’s just useless clickbait crap from some 4th rate nerd site.

CaJae10

Post by CaJae10 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:29 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:25 pm I mean this in the nicest way possible and hoping this doesn’t come off as too rude but...

Did you even read the article you linked to? Or at least the headline?

Some youtuber asked Zack Snyder if he would direct a Dragon Ball Z movie. Snyder said he’s open to it.

And that’s it. There’s no news. There’s nothing to be real or fake. It’s just useless clickbait crap from some 4th rate nerd site.
Yeah I actually just went and read it just now, I when I first saw it gave off a MAJOR clickbait vibe.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:25 pm

Can you change the title of the thread please? Being open to do something doesn't automatically mean that he will be doing it.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:31 pm

Gosh, I hope Snyder would not be involved. He's a horrendous director. :(
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:44 pm

People have been saying “what if Zack Snyder made a Dragon Ball movie” at least since 2013. I don’t even get why people are still talking about it. Besides, as someone who thinks Zack Snyder has gotten an unfair rap over the years, if there ever was another live action Dragon Ball film, he most likely wouldn’t be the right choice for it.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:07 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:31 pm Gosh, I hope Snyder would not be involved. He's a horrendous director. :(
Oh thank God. I thought I was losing my mind over the last few years and living in a bizarro world where Synder was considered a good director and not a talentless hack with a boner for Ayn Rand and slow mo abuse.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:09 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:07 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:31 pm Gosh, I hope Snyder would not be involved. He's a horrendous director. :(
Oh thank God. I thought I was losing my mind over the last few years and living in a bizarro world where Synder was considered a good director and not a talentless hack with a boner for Ayn Rand and slow mo abuse.
He actually has been critical of Ayn Rand as a person. He just happens to like The Fountainhead.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:39 am

He doesn't really...understand cinematic language or how to draw out emotions in his filmmaking. Like...Man of Steel is actively painful to sit through because it's just one ugly gray and blue color, boring, flat camera angles and has a lousy message and script. Also, all the good fighting is just poorly stolen from Tetsuwan Birdy DECODE...

I could go on forever but I just reccomend people watch the Renegade Cut and Curio video essays. 😆
She/Her
bisexual milf

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:30 am

People only want him to direct a Dragon Ball movie because of Man of Steel. The English dub give him that personality of a superhero when he ins't.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:44 pm

I know this is kinda off topic but I didn't want to create a thread for it. How different is the Viz English manga compared to the Funi anime? Did they turn Goku into a superhero as well or is it closer to the original Japanese?

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:49 pm

Jaetinh wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:44 pm I know this is kinda off topic but I didn't want to create a thread for it. How different is the Viz English manga compared to the Funi anime? Did they turn Goku into a superhero as well or is it closer to the original Japanese?
Excluding certain artistic liberties taken for puns and expressions, it's a really good translation. Native speakers will take issue with some of the nuances of certain lines, but nothing is radically changed.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:00 pm

I remember in the 90s a magazine had a potential cast for a live action movie with DiCaprio as Trunks, Antonio Banderas as Goku (!!!), Sharon Stone as Bulma, Courtney Cox as Chichi, Gary Oldman as Vegeta, Cameron Diaz as 18, Day Lewis as Yamcha (lol), Jet Li as Krilin, Kevin Spacey as Piccolo (lol), Van Damme as Tenshinhan and Ben Affleck as Gohan.

Damn.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:12 pm

Yuji wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:49 pm
Jaetinh wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:44 pm I know this is kinda off topic but I didn't want to create a thread for it. How different is the Viz English manga compared to the Funi anime? Did they turn Goku into a superhero as well or is it closer to the original Japanese?
Excluding certain artistic liberties taken for puns and expressions, it's a really good translation. Native speakers will take issue with some of the nuances of certain lines, but nothing is radically changed.
Glad to hear that, cheers.
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:00 pm I remember in the 90s a magazine had a potential cast for a live action movie with DiCaprio as Trunks, Antonio Banderas as Goku (!!!), Sharon Stone as Bulma, Courtney Cox as Chichi, Gary Oldman as Vegeta, Cameron Diaz as 18, Day Lewis as Yamcha (lol), Jet Li as Krilin, Kevin Spacey as Piccolo (lol), Van Damme as Tenshinhan and Ben Affleck as Gohan.

Damn.
Ew.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:14 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:00 pm I remember in the 90s a magazine had a potential cast for a live action movie with DiCaprio as Trunks, Antonio Banderas as Goku (!!!), Sharon Stone as Bulma, Courtney Cox as Chichi, Gary Oldman as Vegeta, Cameron Diaz as 18, Day Lewis as Yamcha (lol), Jet Li as Krilin, Kevin Spacey as Piccolo (lol), Van Damme as Tenshinhan and Ben Affleck as Gohan.

Damn.
Really goes to show you how centered on whiteness these discussions would be.
She/Her
bisexual milf

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:54 pm

I do like Snyder's willingness to adapt an anime with his style, but I don't think Dragon Ball suits him.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:26 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:09 pm
He actually has been critical of Ayn Rand as a person. He just happens to like The Fountainhead.
Also, isn't he a christian? Anyone even remotely familiar with her philosophy knows she rejected religion.

And about the only thing Snyder is fit for is zombie flicks.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:11 pm

Damn.
I actually could see young Leonardo DiCaprio as Trunks.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:10 am

I have to agree. I really disliked Justice League he directed. So awful.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:19 pm

Both Snyder and, the other punching bag, Bay have made fantastic films.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063