"Live Action Dragon Ball Z Movie"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Re: "Live Action Dragon Ball Z Movie"

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:57 am

MyVisionity wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:13 am
goku the krump dancer wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 pm So him crushing the old guys head and ramming his hand through one of the heroes’ chest isn’t enough?
No, it's not enough. Those things aren't evil. Brutal, yes, but not evil.
Murder isn't evil? :? How about when he blows up multiple parts of a crowded city for the hell of it? Is that not evil either?

Seriously though the stuff you're asking for has no business being in Dragon Ball.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:33 am

MyVisionity wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:13 am
goku the krump dancer wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 pm So him crushing the old guys head and ramming his hand through one of the heroes’ chest isn’t enough?
No, it's not enough. Those things aren't evil. Brutal, yes, but not evil.
Help me out, Kevin Garnett:

What bizarre reality are you living in where a guy treating an innocent person's whole ass head like a piece of Fruit By The Foot isn't a sufficient demonstration of being evil, so much so that we need to go as far as seeing him going Unit 731 on teenagers?

Let me guess, the same reason why Vegeta isn't really evil and can't be held responsible for the heroes' deaths?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:47 am

I don't think the torturing of a teenage girl and boy are necessary for this film.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:21 am

No, those murders by #20 in the city were not inherently evil. You have to remember that he's a robot at that point, even if we might find out he has a human brain later. What humans call "evil", a robot might call "efficient". And on top of being a robot, he's also a martial artist. He has a warrior mentality, and some warriors are more brutal than others. Not to mention he and his creations formerly belonging to the Red Ribbon Army, a military organization.

The point is that if you truly want to paint Gero as an evil monster, you have to do a hell of a lot better than squeezing a neck or ramming through a chest. That kind of stuff is typical war violence. And even less offensive when the individual is a mechanized warrior. But if you instead take a human scientist and have him forcing kids into tortuous and traumatizing conditions, that's when you start to see an evil figure emerge.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:26 am

MyVisionity wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:21 am No, those murders by #20 in the city were not inherently evil. You have to remember that he's a robot at that point, even if we might find out he has a human brain later. What humans call "evil", a robot might call "efficient". And on top of being a robot, he's also a martial artist. He has a warrior mentality, and some warriors are more brutal than others. Not to mention he and his creations formerly belonging to the Red Ribbon Army, a military organization.

The point is that if you truly want to paint Gero as an evil monster, you have to do a hell of a lot better than squeezing a neck or ramming through a chest. That kind of stuff is typical war violence. And even less offensive when the individual is a mechanized warrior. But if you instead take a human scientist and have him forcing kids into tortuous and traumatizing conditions, that's when you start to see an evil figure emerge.
Oy vey.

"Your honor, my client has a warrior's mentality, he can't be held accountable for murdering a guy in road rage!"

That's you.
Cold World (Fanfic)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:44 am

I don't really like seeing women used by men in their stories like this. It's just exhausting and dehumanizing to see female characters so impersonally portrayed as vessels for shilling a man's vision of what a truly evil person is. It's one thing if you're a woman trying to process the traumas that we face being women in this society but I'm not getting any of that at all from the posts you're making.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:54 am

MyVisionity wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:21 am No, those murders by #20 in the city were not inherently evil.
Yes they were. Seriously, what the fuck?

You have to remember that he's a robot at that point, even if we might find out he has a human brain later. What humans call "evil", a robot might call "efficient"
The fucking leaps in logic. Also he’s essentially a Nazi Scientist for an evil paramilitary that wanted world domination who made robots to kill a guy who stopped his army from taking over the world and killing more innocent people.

And on top of being a robot, he's also a martial artist. He has a warrior mentality, and some warriors are more brutal than others
Lol what. Well I guess Freeza isn’t evil he has a warrior’s mentality AND a business man’s mentality.

Not to mention he and his creations formerly belonging to the Red Ribbon Army, a military organization.
Who were unquestionably evil.
The point is that if you truly want to paint Gero as an evil monster, you have to do a hell of a lot better than squeezing a neck or ramming through a chest. That kind of stuff is typical war violence.
Good God
And even less offensive when the individual is a mechanized warrior. But if you instead take a human scientist and have him forcing kids into tortuous and traumatizing conditions, that's when you start to see an evil figure emerge.
It’s like your mission to have the most mind numbingly bad takes on this forum.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:06 am

MyVisionity wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:21 am No, those murders by #20 in the city were not inherently evil. You have to remember that he's a robot at that point, even if we might find out he has a human brain later. What humans call "evil", a robot might call "efficient". And on top of being a robot, he's also a martial artist. He has a warrior mentality, and some warriors are more brutal than others. Not to mention he and his creations formerly belonging to the Red Ribbon Army, a military organization.

I almost don't wanna have this conversation anymore, you're either trying way too hard to be deep or you just watch way too much TV, regardless your grasp on reality is coming off absolutely shot!

There was no war taking place, it was a normal day when the androids attacked. Seeing as though Dr.Gero is #20 then he's fully responsible for everything he's doing. The Androids are programmed with Dr.Gero's ambition so even if he had no free will as a robot, its still Dr.Gero telling Dr.Gero what to do.

Also torturing is a tactic of warfare as well, just look up any prisoners of war, there's plenty of info out there so going by your logic (or lack there of) you're only a bad person if you sodomize people.

News flash everybody, Dragon Ball has no villains because Tao, Daimaoh, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell and Boo weren't shown raping anyone, huh who'da thunk it.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:13 am

Last edited by jjgp1112 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cold World (Fanfic)

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:15 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:13 am Image

https://youtu.be/__t8WrkxhvM

:clap: :clap:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:24 am

What's with being a martial artist being an excuse for everything??? the androids are not martial artists either, Gero is a scientist!!

Considering your takes on the saiyan saga and the android saga I’m not sure you actually know the show very well or if you just have psychopathic tendencies, I'm hoping for the former. Advocating for rape, saying it's not evil to crash a skull, saying if you didn't pull the trigger you are off the hook, or saying that if somebody tries to kill you and you don't let them do that, if you die then it's your fault for accepting the "challenge"... like what the hell, man??

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:29 am

Goku going "Whoa" reminds me of

It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:10 pm

You knew you had to do it to 'em. :lol: What a thread, man, what a thread.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:54 pm

Do you think Japanese director Takashi Miike would be a good fit for director? His resume includes live-action anime along with other films, and he does a unique style of hyper-stylish violence.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Shineman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shineman » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:40 pm

I'm trying to understand your point here, but man, it's very, very difficult. I can easily turn that around and be all "turning them into cyborgs isn't evil, because he was a scientist and had a scientific mindset. That's not evil, this is efficient!"

See how silly that sounds?
Brilliant :clap:
"You, your family, everyone, will die. Over and over. Mountains of broken bodies, beneath the wheel." - Lich (Crossover, Adventure Time Season 7, episode 23)

I run a general discussion site: https://cosmiccitycrews.com/index.php

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:46 pm

This thread is a real rollercoaster. We went from talking about Batman movies to having this thread essentially become like that Bulma thread from about a month ago.

Seriously though, the manga didn’t need to show Dr. Gero torturing the twins to convey the idea that he’s evil. Even if we assumed that #17 and #18 willingly allowed themselves to become cyborgs, the fact that Dr. Gero worked for the Red Ribbon Army, is bent on world domination and murders an entire city of people for no real reason is a pretty good indication that he’s a bad guy.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:53 pm

Give him a round of fucking applause, everyone.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:24 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:54 am
MyVisionity wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:21 am No, those murders by #20 in the city were not inherently evil.

Yes they were. Seriously, what the fuck?

That kind of murder is normal in war-gore fiction. Crushing heads and impaling chests is not "evil".

Kenshiro does a lot worse stuff in Hokuto no Ken, and he's the damn savior of the world! Just because the antagonists are the ones doing it does not make it automatically become evil. It's just that audiences are so use to villains and evil characters doing extreme violence that they tend to just associate it with "evil".

I don't believe that killing anything and everything that gets in the way of your objective is necessarily evil. Was Arnold or the Terminators evil for doing what they did? They were the "bad guys" of the films, and did questionable things, but that's not the same as being evil.

WittyUsername wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:46 pm Seriously though, the manga didn’t need to show Dr. Gero torturing the twins to convey the idea that he’s evil.
It didn't *need* to, no, but if it had it would have really driven home and fleshed out the idea of Dr. Gero as being truly an evil man. Just telling somebody "he's evil", might work conceptually, but it doesn't really do much in exploring a character's true nature. Actually showing Gero, in human form, doing those things to 17 and 18 would work much better in that regard. But ultimately that's not what Toriyama wanted for the character or story, so we got what we got.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:46 pm

I hope the FBI has you on a watchlist.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:50 pm

MyVisionity wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:24 pm

That kind of murder is normal in war-gore fiction. Crushing heads and impaling chests is not "evil".

Kenshiro does a lot worse stuff in Hokuto no Ken, and he's the damn savior of the world! Just because the antagonists are the ones doing it does not make it automatically become evil. It's just that audiences are so use to villains and evil characters doing extreme violence that they tend to just associate it with "evil".

I don't believe that killing anything and everything that gets in the way of your objective is necessarily evil. Was Arnold or the Terminators evil for doing what they did? They were the "bad guys" of the films, and did questionable things, but that's not the same as being evil.

My man, we're not talking about war. We're talking about a guy walking into oncoming traffic on a weekday morning and beheading the driver who bumped into him for shits and giggles.
Cold World (Fanfic)