Worst character design?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: Worst character design?

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:27 pm

I also don't much like many of the character designs for the villians of GT.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:55 am

Yo'Goodfella wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:56 am I actually don't mind Ribrianne's Fat form that much. While not coming even close to her human-like form, she's... Fine for the most part. The only thing I don't like is the puffy pink pantaloon-thingies, but you could argue that was necessary.

Giant Ribrianne is where I draw the line though. There's being a fat girl, and looking like a bomb that's about to explode. Giant Monna kinda falls in the same category, but it's not as detailed.

Speaking of which, Cell X. Though he might have been done intentionally disgusting, I was aghast when I first saw an image of him and stared at it for about 2 minutes.
Honestly Ribrianne’s Giant Form has grown on me more and more with the passing of time :), however at the start and espy the debut in episode 117 when it 1st dropped I was disappointed in it greatly sadly.

This cause I knew based on DB Lore when a character final form is a Giant form it mostly always is defeated in the end and when I was looking forward to a new grand form for my Ribrianne/Brianne to change her chances in the ToP arc at that point, I knew when she went Giant it was over sadly and that both she was going to lose then and their. Me as a Major fan of Ribrianne, it indeed was a hard moment to go threw. :(

I am not calling it though a worst form, not even close, again thank goodness it has grown on me allot after the debut back in 2017 has moved on, that is just my history with the form and both it’s disappointing debut then its rise to betterment for me slowly in the long run. :angel:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:02 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:55 am
Yo'Goodfella wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:56 am Giant Ribrianne is where I draw the line though. There's being a fat girl, and looking like a bomb that's about to explode.
Honestly Ribrianne’s Giant Form has grown on me more and more with the passing of time :), however at the start and espy the debut in episode 117 when it 1st dropped I was disappointed in it greatly sadly.
I'm surprised it has grown on you, considering it didn't make any other explicit appearances.

I will admit that I really don't like it not only because of aesthetic, but also because of being kind of the symbol of how 117 chose to portray Universe 2. It also doesn't help that I recently re-watched it and my opinion hasn't changed, but I shouldn't go further on it. Not here.

Well, similarly to Cell X, I also don't like Majin Ozotto's design. It's that I haven't seen him prior to yesterday.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Gonna echo the U6 saiyans looking like 8-year-olds making it reeeaaal hard to take them seriously.

Also am I really going to be the first person to say super saiyan 3, lol
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:33 pm

I liked the Universe 6 Saiyans designs and the characters . Honestly wish we gotten more of them and less Pride Troopers

ayakuweb

Post by ayakuweb » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:40 pm

For me, it's Jiren.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Very much not a fan of the Anilaza design.

TheSeductiveTomato
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheSeductiveTomato » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:03 pm

The Spice Boys. Mustard in particular. Normally I'm pretty open minded about the designs but he's just plain hideous.

Semi-Perfect Cell has a great design but the whole thing is ruined by his face. It's a face that only a mad scientist could love.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:31 am

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:36 pm Very much not a fan of the Anilaza design.
I agree. There's virtually nothing mechanical about its design despite only having a small percentage of organics composing it. I also don't like the diaper/romper thing it wears. I do like the Nigrissi theory from the DB Super forums though.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:51 am

Majority of the designs in Super are bland as hell save for the other Gods Of Destruction and pre '73 absorption Moro. Oh and more recently I think the Heeters gang look pretty cool too.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:21 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:51 am Majority of the designs in Super are bland as hell save for the other Gods Of Destruction and pre '73 absorption Moro. Oh and more recently I think the Heeters gang look pretty cool too.
I dig the designs of about 75% of the ToP fighters. The anime brings them to life even more with unique power sets and techniques. Cabba and Kale look good in the manga. Cabba SSJ in the manga is actually muscular, but I do also like those you listed.

IDK, when I think about it, I like a lot of Super's designs. I didn't know I liked as many.

The U6 Saiyans in the anime might just be the worst designs in Super. They always look so flat, like they're made of popsicle sticks.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:13 pm

...damn, it's rough being the only gal who thinks that Jiren is hot. 😆
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Goku da Silva

Post by Goku da Silva » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:31 pm

Cell and everything about that hideous saga :thumbdown:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:58 pm

I've also never been much of a fan of SSJ4. Although the heroes version with the different outfit that evokes a Sun Wukong style feel sort of redeemed it for me.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:08 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:13 pm ...damn, it's rough being the only gal who thinks that Jiren is hot. 😆
Uh... Maybe you're not being serious about this...

Either way, I've seen tons of people online gushing about Jiren's sculpted glutes, and I'm sure there are girls among them.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:53 am

Love how no one mentioned the fat guy from early DB in the Tenkaichi Budokai. Instead railing on Robrianne.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:23 am

Aim wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:53 am Love how no one mentioned the fat guy from early DB in the Tenkaichi Budokai. Instead railing on Robrianne.
I was considering putting Bacterian here, but honestly the thing that makes him disgusting is how he fights, not his appearance per see.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:05 am

Yo'Goodfella wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:08 am
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:13 pm ...damn, it's rough being the only gal who thinks that Jiren is hot. 😆
Uh... Maybe you're not being serious about this...

Either way, I've seen tons of people online gushing about Jiren's sculpted glutes, and I'm sure there are girls among them.
Oh, I was. I was just joking about how so many people think Jiren is poorly designed in this thread. I think that combined with his sort of immature personality he's just really kind of cute and I want to tease him. 😆
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:07 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:05 am [. I think that combined with his sort of immature personality he's just really kind of cute and I want to tease him. 😆
Jiren has a personality?!!?

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:19 am

Hulk10 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:27 pm I also don't much like many of the character designs for the villians of GT.
What, you're not a fan of giant rectangular chins?

I couldn't take any GT character seriously once I saw someone point that out. There are so many side-characters with Mr Satan's jawline in that show.